Cabin 8710-Large balcony

scarlet-amelia

Hi,

So our cabin has been confirmed for our cruise.. 8710. This is one of those cabins with the large (100+ square foot) balconies. it is very close to the front of the ship. While, right now, we are happy with the assignment, I do have some questions. For those of you who have had this, or similar cabins (on either the Getaway, or other similar ships) I have a few questions.

1. I've never had a forward cabin before. Always aft. What is the "motion" like up front?

2. How is the visibility forward on this cabin? is there a section where you can actually see forward?

3. I see there is an area forward on this deck which isn't cabins. Does anyone know what this area is? engine room? crew cabins? I'm wondering what the noise factor is up there.

4. Since the theatre is below... Is it really noisy there during the shows?

5. any drawbacks to this cabin?

Thanks in advance.

We were in 8722 on the Breakaway in August, which was a mini-suite. Same type of cabin and huge balcony. Totally enjoyed it. The balcony had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, a high top table and a small table.

No noise or motion issues whatsoever. Not sure what is in the forward section you mentioned, but did see officers entering and exiting the door at the end of the passageway door up front.

The view is strictly on the starboard side of the ship, but, wasn't disappointed by the view at all.

The only "drawback" was the length of the walk back to the stairs and elevators.

Enjoy.

We're in 10712 (BA) last year - it's a long (healthy) daily walk from the FWD elevators & stairs and the corridor is on the narrow side, especially when RS have their service carts & setup, working in the hallways.

If seas are rough, 10' should be fine, 10' - we felt a little vertical (up & down) motion but not troubled by it - there's some lateral (sideway motion) with the ship cutting thru the choppy seas at higher cruise speed, especially if there's cross-wind at sharper angles. Otherwise, it's silky calm.

As for the view, here are the shots from our std. balcony, you really don't see much unless someone is leaning out from the railing - modest amount of privacy against most pax, except from those directly/almost above your stateroom ... and, maybe - officers on the bridge quite a few deck above, if they look directly down (but not while cruising at sea, I think)

As for that white space on the starboard Fwd corner - not sure - but crews only ... maybe, it's Captain's and Staff Captain's living quarters ?? I think there are interior crew only stairs in the forward section, we seldom see the concierge & butler servicing the Haven suites in the front walking down our corridors so they must be coming & going quickly by disappearing into those crew access compartments. Maybe, OP can find out soon & share with us post-cruise with an update.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1839%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1840%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1843%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

Compared to a regular balcony, that outside space is very generous sitting there with tons of room to stretch up ... wind noise can be a challenge & watch out for salt water sea sprays coming up from the ocean on windy days.

We had this room on the Getaway and LOVED it!!!! You cannot see the forward face of the ship really but your balcony view is amazing! There are 2 loungers, a table and chairs. We enjoyed having breakfast outside and having the private HUGE balcony to lounge on. The walk to the Sunset bar is not bad at all and we would go and get 2 drinks each with our UBP and take them back to our balcony! :) The wind is not so bad-unless it is just generally really windy outside to begin with. There was no excess movement either. I would book this exact room again in a heartbeat!