Changed my reservation

scarlet-amelia

I posted earlier this week about regretting my choice of cruises, and got a lot of wonderful, and helpful replies. After careful contemplation, and discussions with hubby, I decided to change my booking. I have upgraded our room type to a "Spa mini-suite". (I previously had a guaranteed balcony)

For those of you wondering about cost, it was an additional $1483.92 for the upgrade, which includes the addition of spa access, UBP, and 3 specialty meals. That, is an expensive upgrade, in my world. But, as many of you suggested, it is probably worth it. I will have a much more comfortable trip in the nicer suite... the spa access will give me a nice place to get away from the crowds, and relax... and even though we will not get our money out of the UBP, I will probably enjoy far more "umbrella drinks", glasses of wine, etc, than I would without it, as I would always be thinking about how much our beverages cost...

So, thanks again for everyone's input... getting excited for my trip now. :)

There weren't any spa balconies available? It would probably be cheaper, and you still get two perks.

There were spa balconies left.. cost for those would have been an additional $980. I decided to spend the extra $500 for the mini suite because that is what we are used to being in on Princess and RC. Since I was rebooking anyway, I figured I might as well get the bigger room (with nicer bathroom/shower).

Does anyone know.. with me now being in a mini-suite.. do we get any additional perks, such as faster boarding? or amenities in the room?

There were spa balconies left.. cost for those would have been an additional $980. I decided to spend the extra $500 for the mini suite because that is what we are used to being in on Princess and RC. Since I was rebooking anyway, I figured I might as well get the bigger room (with nicer bathroom/shower).

Does anyone know.. with me now being in a mini-suite.. do we get any additional perks, such as faster boarding? or amenities in the room?

No suite perks, and the room itself is the same size. The bathroom is larger.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

I was following your thread with interest. I am about yo go on my first cruise ever. It'll be on the spirit, but a lot of your concerns about costs, entertainment were things I was worried about. My research had sent me round in circles so it was great to see all the helpful replies. It put my mind at rest :)

The main reason I felt compelled to reply is this: It sounds as though you have had a very very tough year. Your husband being deployed last minute sounds stressful enough for you both. But with all the added stresses too! I say spend the money and enjoy to the max.

it sounds amazing. a chance to chill as well as celebrate :D

Are you going to do a review? I hope you do!

The main reason I felt compelled to reply is this: It sounds as though you have had a very very tough year. Your husband being deployed last minute sounds stressful enough for you both. But with all the added stresses too! I say spend the money and enjoy to the max.

it sounds amazing. a chance to chill as well as celebrate :D

Are you going to do a review? I hope you do!

Yes, it has been a challenge! :) But I just keep remembering that whatever I deal with here, is peanuts compared to what my husband is dealing with in the middle east right now. And you are right... This was a good splurge to make.

I will review the cruise when I get back. :)

Ahhh. ... the entire cabin is 30 square foot larger.. so if the extra square footage is in the bathroom, then it should be a hell of a bathroom!!! :)

I'm afraid you may have overpaid for the difference between the spa balcony and the spa mini-suite. But some people insist on having a double sink and larger shower.

I'm afraid you may have overpaid for the difference between the spa balcony and the spa mini-suite. But some people insist on having a double sink and larger shower.

I agree... I think the "mini-suite" is overrated and is a horrible choice of words by NCL. There's really nothing "suite" about it, even "mini". You get a slightly bigger shower and you get a double sink. That's really the difference. Since you have spa access, you'll probably enjoy using the showers in the spa more than the one in your cabin.

However, I am glad for you that you decided to upgrade to a spa cabin. It will be worth it.

Edited by blackwing

It did not say in this post (that I saw) which ship is being considered. We upgraded from a balcony to a mini-suite on a TA on the Star. The bath was larger but so was the room. Not by much but maybe a couple feet in the sitting area so the fold out couch is a bit bigger. I passed on a option to upgrade for a bout $100 pp but later the price dropped so was able to change for no extra cost.

My suggestion, go meet the guys at Sugarcane's mojito bar and try them all (well, except the jalapeno one). They are the best bartenders on the ship, imo.

I am a very easy drunk. :) I once had about an inch out of a small margarita and was totally schloshed! :) So, I think the guys at Sugarcane's will cringe when they see me coming. :)

Glad to know you made choices that will help you enjoy your vacation, enjoy!

By the way the UBP also gets you juice and soft drinks, so you don't need to buy lots of alcohol to get your $100 worth if alcohol isn't your thing, relax and enjoy.

Glad to know you made choices that will help you enjoy your vacation, enjoy!

By the way the UBP also gets you juice and soft drinks, so you don't need to buy lots of alcohol to get your $100 worth if alcohol isn't your thing, relax and enjoy.

ahhh... I didn't even think of that.. But that is great!! Do you know if specialty coffee's are included in that? I'm assuming that there is a coffee shop that sells cappuccino and lattes, right?

ahhh... I didn't even think of that.. But that is great!! Do you know if specialty coffee's are included in that? I'm assuming that there is a coffee shop that sells cappuccino and lattes, right?

Specialty Coffees are NOT included

Ahhh. ... the entire cabin is 30 square foot larger.. so if the extra square footage is in the bathroom, then it should be a hell of a bathroom!!! :)

The room itself is a little bigger (I have stayed in a mini suite in the past) and there's a privacy curtain you can draw separating bed from couch. The bathroom is much nicer too.

The room itself is a little bigger (I have stayed in a mini suite in the past) and there's a privacy curtain you can draw separating bed from couch. The bathroom is much nicer too.

On the older ships, yes. And the away class ships do not have a curtain.

wow... I just went out and read all the exclusions... lots of things excluded.. including even bottled water, or juices...

Fresh made/squeezed juices are excluded. But you can go to a bar and request orange juice, cranberry, etc