First Night (Not) Done Right Promotion

chandom

Well, just enjoyed a cluster at 150 Central Park here on Oasis.

Based on what they had been told by management; the First Night Done Right Cruise Planner purchase is 50% off with the $15 purchase price being applied as OBC. Still didn’t get a note in the room saying what had been picked for me. Just once back onboard went to CP150 and picked them and a different time.

While sitting while someone else was complaining, I called one of the call centers. Just asked them to clarify what the offer meant. They told me exactly what I thought. Ship picks the venue, you dine with no additional costs. If you want to change venues, just visit the hospitality desk and see if it can be changed.

So, anyone else have any good or bad experiences with this promotion? Last week it was applied as I thought it should have been.

Edited by chandom

I read the offer the same way that you did. There should be no additional charge. Don't give them your seapass, or take it up with the Hotel Director. That is just ridiculous.

Think they wound up doing us a "favor". Applied a $15 credit to each account to cover the cost of FNDR then charged only $30.

Mentioned several times to the Manager that being Diamond Plus; why would I want to shell out anything in advance if it was going to end up as being BOGO.

I would book onboard or a solo reservation in the Cruise Planner.

I have pre purchased this first night dinner for 8 people @ Aud $19.95 per head ,under the impression that whatever the restaurant is chosen for us ,that is all we will pay !

Is this incorrect ? If so what will we be charged ?

Thanks for any clarification

Spoke with the Restaurant Operations Manager...

He reiterated what we were told last night.

The promotion is just giving you a $15 credit that is applied towards 50% off the restaurant.

Trust me, I still don't like this answer. Royal needs to step up and better explain this in the Cruise Planner.

Sent from a mobile device

We did first night done right last week on Allure. We paid $30 (for 2) in advance. When onboard there was a phone message confirming a reservation that night for Sabor, which we really didn't want for dinner (planned on using our Central Park balcony free lunch perk for Sabor) so we went to Chops and asked if it could be changed to that venue, and they said no problem. We arrived at the time agreed upon, they had our reservation we dined and enjoyed it and when the check arrived we owed $0 (though we did give an extra gratuity figuring that what the wait staff received would be based only upon the $30 and they deserved more.

The only time I believe you would owe more is if you went to an a la carte venue (like Sabor or Izumi).

We did first night done right last week on Allure. We paid $30 (for 2) in advance. When onboard there was a phone message confirming a reservation that night for Sabor, which we really didn't want for dinner (planned on using our Central Park balcony free lunch perk for Sabor) so we went to Chops and asked if it could be changed to that venue, and they said no problem. We arrived at the time agreed upon, they had our reservation we dined and enjoyed it and when the check arrived we owed $0 (though we did give an extra gratuity figuring that what the wait staff received would be based only upon the $30 and they deserved more.

The only time I believe you would owe more is if you went to an a la carte venue (like Sabor or Izumi).

Same way it worked with last week's cruise here on Oasis.

Was able to select Chops (no message had been left for where). No additional charge was given.

Surprised Sabor would have been a selection, seeing how it is ala carte on Allure.

Sent from a mobile device