American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

Good point. Worth a try, i have to pay it either way right? Was thinking of using the aarp ecards if AE doesnt work. I already have those and can be used on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, just try. Then if you don't get the offer, call and have them credit it back and pay with gift cards.

Good point. Worth a try, i have to pay it either way right? Was thinking of using the aarp ecards if AE doesnt work. I already have those and can be used on anything.

FWIW, I asked my TA about this. She confirmed that stuff that gets billed thru the Fun Shop doesn't work for the AMEX offer (as you know). However, she said that gratuities are not processed thru there, so it might work. I'd see how the first one shows up at AMEX before trying the second one.

FWIW, I asked my TA about this. She confirmed that stuff that gets billed thru the Fun Shop doesn't work for the AMEX offer (as you know). However, she said that gratuities are not processed thru there, so it might work. I'd see how the first one shows up at AMEX before trying the second one.

Yeah I’m almost 100% sure gratuities will be fine since it’s actually an option in your booking itself and doesn’t show as an “add on” like wi-fi or the others. Good idea about the one at a time. That’s what I would do as well.

I saved myself $200 and my family members $200 redeeming the offers a few days ago. Woo hoo for a free $400!

Under the offer terms it states:

Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, prepaid food/beverage programs, prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & video packages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance, Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings.

I'm not sure how they would know it wasn't added after the booking as it just adds to the total you owe.

I think the point is that, despite the terms and conditions, all the AMEX has to go on is the merchant and categorization provided by the merchant. If you can pay for prepaid gratuities and have the charge appear as the same merchant and same category as reservations, then they're going to give you the bonus.

Under the offer terms it states:

I'm not sure how they would know it wasn't added after the booking as it just adds to the total you owe.

For gratuities I don’t think it matters. It’s still part of your booking and when you pay that it will still show as Reservations. Maybe some cruise lines code it different, but Carnival doesn’t as far as I know. It’s just another part of your booking and not an ancillary purchase. Go in and select “Add prepaid gratuities” and then make a payment. Shouldn’t be an issue.

The last American Express "deal" I had was....I paid 500 to--- say Princess for a payment. Upon posting on my statement, I automatically got a 100 statement credit...balance due 400. BUT, I don't see that offer available to me at this time.

You may have to manually add it via the link. That’s what I had to do for all 4 cards. They are taking a few days now to credit the $100 unlike before, but you do get the Congratulations you redeemed an offer email right away.

For gratuities I don’t think it matters. It’s still part of your booking and when you pay that it will still show as Reservations. Maybe some cruise lines code it different, but Carnival doesn’t as far as I know. It’s just another part of your booking and not an ancillary purchase. Go in and select “Add prepaid gratuities” and then make a payment. Shouldn’t be an issue.

I agree that it shouldn't be a problem. Just found it odd that they have it in the terms when all Carnival does is add it to the total due on the booking. I just made a payment myself and got the e-mail immediately after. My offer expires 12/31 so figured I'd better use it.

The last American Express "deal" I had was....I paid 500 to--- say Princess for a payment. Upon posting on my statement, I automatically got a 100 statement credit...balance due 400. BUT, I don't see that offer available to me at this time.
When did you last use it? This particular offer has been around since July.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

You may have to manually add it via the link. That’s what I had to do for all 4 cards. They are taking a few days now to credit the $100 unlike before, but you do get the Congratulations you redeemed an offer email right away.

I don't even have a "link" offered. But, I just paid off my cruise anyway, it was less than $500

Good news, and just in time. I just signed up with only 2 days left on the offer. I just paid my final payment for my Feb cruise.

Well, it was just too good to be true. The offer is for a cruise from 10/14/2016 to 4/14/2017. So much for the $100.00 credit on my 2018 cruise. :loudcry:

Well, it was just too good to be true. The offer is for a cruise from 10/14/2016 to 4/14/2017. So much for the $100.00 credit on my 2018 cruise. :loudcry:

It's the same link for both times. If it let you click through and add it to your card, you're good to go. Did you check and see if it was added to your offers? I just used it on all 4 of my cards within the past week. You will also get an email congratulating you on redeeming an offer.

So people are taking about using it this week and you're convinced that you've figured out that the offer isn't currently valid? And you were able to add it to your AMEX card today?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks to you all for the wisdom.......quick question.......once I add the offer to my card should I wait a while before making payment? I added offer yesterday to one of my cards and immediately made a payment but did not receive email yet.

Thanks to you all for the wisdom.......quick question.......once I add the offer to my card should I wait a while before making payment? I added offer yesterday to one of my cards and immediately made a payment but did not receive email yet.

As long as it's in your offers, you're good to go. You should have gotten an email. Does it show as redeemed and did you make a payment of at least $500 only on the reservation part and not on Fun Shops or anything else?

I did add the offer yesterday, I went back to look and it's not there anymore. I tried using the link in this thread to see if I could add the offer again. It said that I had already redeemed the offer, which I did. I made a payment for $500.00. Maybe it will be ok.

I did add the offer yesterday, I went back to look and it's not there anymore. I tried using the link in this thread to see if I could add the offer again. It said that I had already redeemed the offer, which I did. I made a payment for $500.00. Maybe it will be ok.

Sounds like it worked then. Give it a couple/three days to actually show the $100 on your account.

I just made another $500.00 payment with my husband's card (same account different card number) but he got the email immediately. Hmm....I will just wait and see. Did anybody have 2 credits on the same account statement?

I have 4 cards - 3 on 1 and 1 on a different Amex. I had to add it to each individual log in and I got an email for each one after redeeming. Saved $400 total.