Eastern Scuba Cruise in June 2007: Anyone Interested?

Sailfish

It has been suggested I coordinate another Cruise Critic Scuba Cruise in June 2007 - a 7 night Eastern itinerary - Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten with three days at sea. It would be on Carnival Glory and I would put together (via ShoreTrips) a group dive package similar to our Valor cruise. Anyone interested?

It departs out of Port Canaveral. Not sure what group perks we would get - pricing looks okay. Any input - pro or con - regarding ports of call would be much appreciated. I'm not a huge fan of the Eastern Caribbean, but heck, the diving can be pretty good, depending on where we go.

Suzi

Personally, I would want more ports, less sea days if the focus was to be somewhat on diving. I would also like to not stop at St. Maarten, but it is hard to find Eastern itineraries that skip it. Seems like Tortola or Turks and Cacaios would be better ports for diving. Just my opinion.

Personally, I would want more ports, less sea days if the focus was to be somewhat on diving. I would also like to not stop at St. Maarten, but it is hard to find Eastern itineraries that skip it. Seems like Tortola or Turks and Cacaios would be better ports for diving. Just my opinion.

I agree about St. Maarten - the diving we did there wasn't the best, but we dove in the winter, and the summer is supposed (key here is supposed) to have better visibility. Our 2006 scuba cruise offers four ports of call. I looked at other itineraries including those out of Puerto Rico, which appealed to me more as far as diving was concerned, but factors such as the cost for air transportation got in the way. And although I personally would have no problem diving again in the Western Caribbean, it was felt others would not feel the same way. You are kind of limited when it comes to combining diving with cruising.

I appreciate your input. We'll see if this takes off like the cruise in 2006 - we've got a big group for that one.

I am getting the go ahead from Cruise Critic, so I will give it a shot - pricing for summer 2007 is not out yet, but will be soon - I'm guessing sometime in Jan.

A small dive group wouldn't be such a bad thing, though. I can make it work, I'm sure, especially if the rates stay reasonable.

Archived