Carry On?

CruisinLadie

What type of carry on do you carry...via airplane, car, etc. I have a Tommy Hilfiger bag I usually carry, however I have a cute one that I bought at St. Marteen.....I have started picking things up here and there for our upcoming cruise....and I am trying to decide which bag to carry this cruise....

What kind do you fellow cruisers carry?????

i have two carry ons. one is just a normal smallish suitcase but it is bright pink. (i get so many compliments on it because its so bright) and another large tote bag from victoria secret that can be collapsed and stored.

My carry on looks a little like this:

18629_axlrg.jpg

This is a newer model, the one I have is a couple of years old and a bit larger. I don't carry clothing in it, just toiletries, meds, hairbrushes, jewelry, stuff I don't want sent to lost luggage heaven.

My carry on is on wheels, part of a new 2 piece set I purchased.

I got alot of compliments on it:) It is blue and white...called

"Hawaiian Tropical". Last month's cruise was my first chance to use it!

It is American Tourister that I bought through QVC.

Kathy, that is a nice little carry-on!

Mine is bigger.......I pack sort of light so it holds quite a bit. We are all

different and I know we all pack differently.

My carry on holds at least 2 pair of shoes, clothing for pre-cruise

( I usually go a day early)..so that would be clothes for dinner,

clothes for day we sail and one outfit for the first night on the ship.

Also, cosmetic bag, jewelery roll-up case, and toiletry bag.

Usually extra undergarments too...for the 3 outfits.

You asked;)

I have my own style of packing...just as we all do.

Lois...sounds like you and I pack a bit a like...it's amazing what I can get in my little bag!

I use a pull-along type case as my carry-on as well. It has a lot of little compartments on the outside, and on the inside there are some larger pockets.

It's red and is made out of a thick canvas type material so it can "stretch" a bit.

It also has straps so I can carry it...like I would want to...but if the urge struck, well I'll be all set :)

~e

First, I love that bag, where did you buy it and what brand is it? I might want to get one of those to go with my duffle for car travel?

I bought a 3 piece Adiamo (sp?) set for this past trip for my own use. Hubby bought a 2 piece set as his 3rd piece is his camera bag.

I carried on 2 out of the 3 pieces. the larger of the two was the standard rolling one similar to that of the flight attendants. Plus a coat and handbag.

The second piece a lot smaller which is square with a zipper and looks like a "train case" but it isn't which doesn't have weels. It's designed that the smaller piece can attach and sit on top of the rolling one(3). The third piece is the standard large 26" rolling luggage which has to be checked. All three can be attached to each other with a strap so that they can all be wheeled at one time.

Yes I was allowed 2 pieces carry on, plus a coat and handbag, one is the basic standard size and the smaller one which I used for toiletries and medical items etc etc. was considered a "personal item".

I do strongly suggest you check with your carrier as to size of carry-on as when I was at the luggage store the sales lady said that different carriers had different regulations and it had to fit in the square box thingy at the check-in. I was in first class so I got to carry more that coach I think.

Hubby had the standard wheel one and he also carried his camera equipemnt in his camera backpack (a backpack made for camera equipment). And he of course checked his larger suitcase.

For car travel, we generally take duffle style bags but now I will use my "train case".

Here is a link to this bag from ebags. There is a comment that someone bought the bag for less at Costco. The brand is Travelon and it is carried in many luggage stores and major department stores. I got mine probably 3-4 years ago and it is larger than this, I think I paid about this amount for mine, but not through ebags. The price isn't too bad, since it does include shipping.

http://www.ebags.com/travelon/14_carry_on_with_view_thru_panels/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=18629

I have a 22 inch pullman I bought from Nicole Miller about 8 years ago that has truly been a workhorse for me. I don't think she licenses luggage any longer but I've never had such a great piece.

It has lugged larger pieces five times its weight and keeps on going (I strap other luggage to this).

It has been checked at least 50 times.

I also have a Tumi Weekender that is also part of my carry on. I put my handbag inside it and presto, my two carryons.

I really love that bag but mine would never look as organized.

Shampoo and lotion bottles leaking, makeup smearing, hairs from my brush, my husband's crap, amoung other things.

Just like I don't have glass cabinet doors in my kitchen, there is no way I could get away with luggage like that!

I have a Roots tote similar to the one in the link. Mine has additional compartments on the ends. It is great because it has many pockets and compartments. Looks small but holds a lot. It also fits under the seat on the plane so it is easy to access during the flight.

http://secure.onlinebags.com/productdetail.ch2?productid=1086&category=1

Archived