Star Azipod News and progress

karoo

I agree that typos can happen but putting Aukland has it underlined in red that says "no such word" so I check and it prompts Auckland. How difficult is that?

Report them to the authorities and maybe they will block their entrance into Niew Zeland (he he) ! Might even go as far as not allowing the whole ship to sail to ensure a nation is not offended. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

So that means the time frames that NCL are giving, that is, it's going to be in Auckland in time are false and they don't actually know yet?! NCL are behaving disgracefully over this,they should be allowing people to cancel with full refunds, not allowing people to travel from all over the world to join the ship next week when they don't even know if it'll be there!

I said no such thing. I said they were going to assess the situation this AM and go from there. I only posted because there has been discussion about working on the pods while we sailed (they didn't) that all the repair parts are here (they told us no such thing) and that pax were angry (we've seen no anger)

I don't know if we will be sailing or flying to Auckland and will make that decision when I have verified info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Report them to the authorities and maybe they will block their entrance into Niew Zeland (he he) ! Might even go as far as not allowing the whole ship to sail to ensure a nation is not offended. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Travel bans seem to be a popular measure lately.

Alternatively, the good citizens of Auckland could build a wall ?? With only one gate and a spelling quiz to determine eligibility to enter??

They could even give special status to someone to help them build the wall. It might be good practice.

Provided one is built on the Bombay Hills too.

I think our grammarian could have been clearer and actually accomplished his intent by just saying, "Aukland is spelled Auckland."

The artificial strife of the New Zeland national being terminally offended at the misspelling their most populous city is indeed tiring.

Hey Mike... get back to me when you move to Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill.

NCL -- Fix both azipods before leaving Melbourne!

I was a passenger aboard the Dec 7th Singapore to HK NCL Star cruise and have seen nothing but continued azipod problems on subsequent cruises for now 2 months. NCL decided it should limp along on one propulsion system, missing ports, giving credits, customers protesting, and creating a horrible reputation for Norwegian. I hope the Australian maritime authorities don't let this ship leave until both propulsion azipod systems are finally fixed. At least on the Dec 7th cruise, we were told we could get off the cruise back in Singapore on Dec 9th and still get a refund, but be on our own. There are a lot of risks cruising on just one propulsion system - as can be seen.

Passengers are disembarking and talking to the press, people seem quite pragmatic.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/norwegian-star-liner-docks-in-melbourne-passengers-break-their-silence-20170211-guavpi.html

I'm on the March 9th leg and would like the option to cancel with a refund but don't have that choice at the moment.

The artificial strife of the New Zeland national being terminally offended at the misspelling their most populous city is indeed tiring.

Are you sure you spelled those right?

The post after yours offends too. On the 7th Dec the Star was in Langkawi and on the 9th in Port Klang.

If people are going to post then surely the information should be accurate; proof read before posting and if there are indicators check.

NCL -- Fix both azipods before leaving .

I think that is what will make our decision for us. 2 azipods we sail, 1 we fly. No way I am letting what happened the other night occur in the middle of the Tasman or worse, close to land. We were very lucky to have had around 20 miles between us and land when we were adrift.

Just this minute got letters in the cabin saying expecting to sail to Auckland 12 pm Tues 14 Feb. They will notify of if they know "more about the ship's repair timeline."

That is good news if the ship is fixed, not so good if it is just a patch yo keep her limping around the Tasman.

Cruise Critic need to add a "like" button for me for this one..

And that is a fair question...

The most likely scenario, based on what passengers have been told, press releases and assumptions is that if repairs go as projected, the ship will make Auckland.

If there is an issue, the next most likely scenario is a delayed departure, possibly for a day or so, in which case there would be itinerary revisions but not a cancellation. I would expect NCL to make overnight arrangements for Pax in that case (if Auckland can support that number of people on short notice). It would not surprise me if NCL has not quietly been exploring this, JIC.

If, once they have the system open, the repairs will take longer, or they cannot repair both pods, THEN you might see more significant disruption, but this is by far the least likely scenario based on what we know right now.

The next itinerary is 19 nights Aukland to Singapore. We have tickets for boarding on the 18th. The only question is whether there will be a ship there on the 18th.

I think that is what will make our decision for us. 2 azipods we sail, 1 we fly. No way I am letting what happened the other night occur in the middle of the Tasman or worse, close to land. We were very lucky to have had around 20 miles between us and land when we were adrift.

Fingers and toes crossed we get a good permanent fix.

And that is a fair question...

The most likely scenario, based on what passengers have been told, press releases and assumptions is that if repairs go as projected, the ship will make Auckland.

If there is an issue, the next most likely scenario is a delayed departure, possibly for a day or so, in which case there would be itinerary revisions but not a cancellation. I would expect NCL to make overnight arrangements for Pax in that case (if Auckland can support that number of people on short notice). It would not surprise me if NCL has not quietly been exploring this, JIC.

If, once they have the system open, the repairs will take longer, or they cannot repair both pods, THEN you might see more significant disruption, but this is by far the least likely scenario based on what we know right now.

The Auckland residents will implement their emergency billeting system, it may mean that some families will be split for the night but every one will get at least a lilo to sleep on and a sleeping bag.;)

Are you sure you spelled those right?

The post after yours offends too. On the 7th Dec the Star was in Langkawi and on the 9th in Port Klang.

If people are going to post then surely the information should be accurate; proof read before posting and if there are indicators check.

My bad and my typo, as the NCL Star was indeed set to depart Singapore on Dec 11th and delayed because of izopod problems at the start. But the real point I want to make here should be NCL fixing both azipods before leaving Melbourne, and making sure it's safe for passengers and crew with both propulsion systems functioning.