Best beach when 3 ships in port?

baggyparsnips

We are doing a b2b cruise on Jewel of the seas in February and will be in Barbados on two occasions. We are going to Accra beach on the first day and on the second day I believe there will be three ships in port. We were thinking of doing Carlisle or Crane beach but wondered if these might be very busy? Any thoughts please? Thank you!

If you opt for a taxi ride over to the east coast to Crane, you will be rewarded.

It will not be crowded. You’ll pay a small fee at The Crane Hotel to use their facilities but it can be applied toward lunch or drinks.

If you’ve never seen the East Coast of Barbados, you are in for a wonderful day, indeed.

Crane beach was voted one of the ten (10) best beaches in the world by Conde Nast Traveler (!)

If you saw the east coast of Barbados on your first visit, I’d bet you’d return on your second.

Have a wonderful holiday! :)

Crane is a little less than 20 miles from Deep Water Harbour (the cruise terminal). It should take between 30-60 minutes depending on traffic.

I believe taxi rates are now about US$25/hr. for up to four (4) in the cab, not each. Looks like $25 each way but you’ll have to talk to a few cabbies to get this rate.

Chances are they will do it for US$35 one way for the whole cab. The guys at the cruise terminal probably won’t because they don’t want to deadhead back, but the fellows out on the street will.

You don’t have to have your original driver wait, or return for you as the Crane will secure a cab for you when you’re ready.

Or……You could also hire the cab for 2 to 2 ½ hours, go through the center of the island out to the east coast and turn south. There is some beautiful country on this route. Just continue to The Crane and stop for lunch and beach time.

Give yourself an hour to return to the ship. (If you still want to!) :)

If you are visiting Barbados for the first time, would you recommend Crane Beach as the major destination? Sounds like you might!

I would only go to Crane if it was part of an island tour...it's not the best for swimming...rougher waters, but it's beautiful to see...