Freedom of the Seas- Ice show tickets

NSAHO79

Hi there. We are going on the Freedom of the Seas and wanted to know how you get tickets to the ice show. We were on the Navigator a few years ago and never got to see the ice show because we never found out how and where to get tickets. It seems it was almost like 'word of mouth' and not advertised or announced. Any help would be great.

Thanks for asking. I was curious too. We're going on FOS as our first RCI cruise in march.

Can someone confirm if it's cold/chilly watching the show? I have Raynauds and circulation issues and have to plan ahead to bring warmer clothes/mittens. Our ice skating rink at home is cold as a spectator, so I assume the ship would be the same?

Edited by Tara619

I have sailed Freedom several times and they didn't do tickets to the ice shows. You just need to show up early enough to get seats. It can be a little cool in there. The lower to the ice you sit the cooler it can get. The skaters going by creates a cool breeze if you are in the 1st couple of rows. Good Luck. Don't miss the Quest on the Freedom also. That is done on the ice rink also.

We have sailed on the FOS 3 times.....most recent 2 weeks ago. Not having to pick-up tickets worked fine. Doors open about 30 minutes prior to the show. There were 4 shows on 2 different days of our 6 day cruise.

The show that we attended at 7:00PM on the next to last day of our cruise was not packed. The times were such that it gave you some flexibility to work around your schedule.

The first time we sailed on the FOS about 6 years ago they did tickets and it was really kind of a pain. The last 2 times no tickets but we had no issue getting good seats for the 5 of us by just planning ahead.

We in the 2nd row dead center as the skaters skate straight at you. Great seats. I remember it being somewhat more cooler previously. This time not so much.

A rather odd occurrence on our cruise happened at the ice skating venue. My 16 year old son was there with a group of friends that he made on the cruise and one of the teenage girls fell on the ice and dislocated her knee. RCCL did a great job getting assistance to her.

The Quest was great on our trip. Casey, the cruise director, really added to the fun.

Edited by baileybrad

Thanks for asking. I was curious too. We're going on FOS as our first RCI cruise in march.

Can someone confirm if it's cold/chilly watching the show? I have Raynauds and circulation issues and have to plan ahead to bring warmer clothes/mittens. Our ice skating rink at home is cold as a spectator, so I assume the ship would be the same?

Not freezing or anything, but it is pretty chilly in there if you're cold-natured. My wife was wishing she had worn a sweater or at least a long sleeve shirt. It was fine for me but if you have issues, I would definitely go with a sweatshirt or jacket