RCCL Cruise Line Wedding Advice

Hello! My fiance and I got engaged on Independence of the Seas last February and we want to continue the tradition by getting married on an RCCL trip in 2018.

Does anyone have any advice for the following:

1. How to work with RCCL wedding department? I've heard that they are very unresponsive, but I'd love to work with them - any tips?
  2. If not to work with RCCL - who has done an "independent" wedding where you plan on an island either outside of a cruise line or just straight up by yourself (we're considering just finding a quiet corner of Coco Cay to do a quick ceremony and then enjoy the island with our guests!)

TYIA

• 3 weeks later...

Iam getting married on independence of the seas feb 8th and haven't talked to anyone on the phone since December, quite irritated at this point. If you are detail oriented and nervous I wouldn't recommend it. Iam a go with the flow and Iam still irritated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Iam getting married on independence of the seas feb 8th and haven't talked to anyone on the phone since December, quite irritated at this point. If you are detail oriented and nervous I wouldn't recommend it. Iam a go with the flow and Iam still irritated

Wow that's way too soon to have not talked with anyone.

Please post your experience after your vacation. You must be incredibly excited otherwise.

Wow that's way too soon to have not talked with anyone.

Please post your experience after your vacation. You must be incredibly excited otherwise.

I will let you know all about it! I hear the crew is great who actually does it. Why can't I just talk to them?

We are doing it on labadee, Haiti

I am planning my wedding at the moment and as long as you don't mind being the squeaky wheel, you can make it work. That being said, if you are looking for them to be proactive about planning or attentive to details regarding your wedding, that will not happen. Took me 7 months to get an initial call with the planner (we signed the contract almost a year out) and we are currently on our third planner. That being said, this one actually responds to my e-mails, so there is hope. I think they are just massively understaffed for what they are doing.

I am planning my wedding at the moment and as long as you don't mind being the squeaky wheel, you can make it work. That being said, if you are looking for them to be proactive about planning or attentive to details regarding your wedding, that will not happen. Took me 7 months to get an initial call with the planner (we signed the contract almost a year out) and we are currently on our third planner. That being said, this one actually responds to my e-mails, so there is hope. I think they are just massively understaffed for what they are doing.

Makes me want to be a wedding planner, I should apply lol.

Then I can help this board out :)

• 2 months later...
Has anyone had improved communication/service with the new company yet that they can report? I'll be rethinking my Fall 2018 plans if thinks have gotten worse!

So far so good on my end. Quick replies (2 days usually). My contract is with the wedding coordinator and I'm waiting for them to contact me which they mentioned will be in 2 weeks.

Has anyone had improved communication/service with the new company yet that they can report? I'll be rethinking my Fall 2018 plans if thinks have gotten worse!

I will say that we ended up going with Norwegian for our cruise line (which uses the same company - Royal Ocean Events) and I've enjoyed working with them so far! They've been patient and thorough. I'd actually recommend them!

I have emailed them 6 times since February requesting information about a vow renewal with no response. There is a FB group that someone created and they said if you call you will suddenly get responses but it's hard for me to call during the day M-F when they are there so I was really hoping I would be able to do most of the planning for our renewal through email. I guess not!

• 3 weeks later...

I had always thought I would do it that way but in the end, I have WAY too many guests to do that. So I hired an independent planner on the island. How many people are you expecting. The ship barely offers anything for the onland weddings. It kinda sucks. (I messaged them, 3 months later they replaied saying nothing else is included for on land) I think I could have dealt with them if I was doing it onboard, but wanting to get married on land, it wasn't worth it to me.