Is it possible to purchase cabin upgrades before getting on the ship?

BahamaMama1214

I'd call Carnival right away and speak to them. They can explain your options... it often depends on what kind of booking you made (Early Saver, Guaranteed, etc) that will define if you can move... but I've never heard of Carnival turning down more money to upgrade you, as long as they have availability.

Before you do anything though, check with Carnival to make sure that your room doesn't just have 2 twin beds, not 2 bunk beds... if they're twins, often they can be put together to make a king bed.

I'd call Carnival right away and speak to them. They can explain your options... it often depends on what kind of booking you made (Early Saver, Guaranteed, etc) that will define if you can move... but I've never heard of Carnival turning down more money to upgrade you, as long as they have availability.

Before you do anything though, check with Carnival to make sure that your room doesn't just have 2 twin beds, not 2 bunk beds... if they're twins, often they can be put together to make a king bed.

We thought of that too, but we even looked up pictures and it has the upper lower bedding. Looks like we'll be making a call.

It depends on the cruise and if its sold out already. Also depends on how you booked. You may have penalties for changing.

not if they upgrade. and there is no downgrading this cabin at all.

OP will pay the difference to go from the Inside guarantee to picking a cabin or oceanview guarantee.

Do it ASAP as assignments are now being given out.

(People argue with me that getting the bunk bed type of cabin is NOT a option when booking a inside guarantee- this is living proof that it can happen and will