Opinion needed about a room!

CruiseFairy

Did you friends book the cabin as guarantee cabin?

if so there is not much to do except pay for the difference for a 4a. OR call and ask for R56 NOW before it goes. This cabin is showing as available now this cabin does not have thge port hole window

no cabins on any cruise ship is under the water line. Under the riveria deck is other cabins that belong to crew members. under the riveria deck is where you get off on some ports.

Riveria deck is sometimes a good place to be- its very quiet there. It is also the deck to be if the ship hits rough waters. the lower you are the less motion it feels.

Shame that a lot of people think of the movie like Titanac and think the Rivera is like steerage. Same service etc as the people who paid the most for a suite.

Being tht forward on the fantasy-- they will hear the anchor dropping when in port. It will be VERY loud for a few seconds..

On other Carnival ships, I've had cabins E1 and M6, both far forward and having two portholes. I ask for and book those cabins because I like the portholes.

I've noticed very little more motion there than in midship cabins I've had. Others may feel differently? As far as the anchor dropping in a port - YEP, and it's loud, but lasts only a second or two. It's a startling reminder to look out and watch the guys on the dock doing their thing.:D

Archived