CCL Cabin Info Compilation - No Cabin Questions posted here please!

sparks1093

Ship: Vista

Deck: 2

Stateroom: 2207

Category: 1A

Problems: Very rough waters hitting waves head on, you heard the waves crashing against the hull all night long, about every 4 minutes. I did not realize this cabin was the 2nd from the front. Usually 1As have inside 1As, maybe half a dozen before the port hole 1A. On this ship starts with the 2 1As port holes and the 2 across from them right at the front of the ship, This cabini is literally 2 cabins from the front of the ship. On this one you even have to close the curtains at night for navigation its so close to the front. Two nights we both took something to sleep. .... this cabin position and lay out is unique to Vista class.

3 shelves both sides in bathroom improvement, but only 2 closets I heard mentioned for vista, and the shelves, drawers and safe take up most of the space in one closet. The refrig is under the desk where you expect the shelves on other older ships. 3 drawers, not 4. unless you count the little hair dryer drawer in the desk which has about a 8 inches square area next to the hair dryer. The bathroom step up is quite small.

You can see both beds in the two pictures. The one under the port hole was made up as a bed when we arrived. Some people (including TAs) will tell you it might be a upper and lower, its is not. The bed under the window probably converts to a sofa if only one pax. As you can see they dont bother to even give it a luggage mat upon arrival. Room on boarding pass states 2 nonconverting twins. Problem was the booming sound every 5 minutes in rough water when we hit waves, never had the like before. Cute room otherwise if we hadnt had such rough waters. Might not book again due to noise issues.

Pictures showing nicer shelves space, but smaller closet. 

IMG_20181111_144354.jpg

IMG_20181111_144655.jpg

IMG_20181111_144316.jpg

IMG_20181111_144814.jpg

IMG_20181111_144735.jpg

IMG_20181111_144600.jpg

IMG_20181111_144529.jpg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Splendor

Deck - Main

Stateroom # - 2247

Stateroom Category – Outside

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Could easily hear the neighbors on the connecting side. Never really had an issue with noise though. They weren't up too late and we weren't in the room much.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Window view was great. No obstructions. Saw dolphins on several mornings.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - n/a

Was wind a problem? - n/a

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - minor neighbor noise issues.

Any other comments? - great location for access to the lobby and theater. also quick access to the elevators without a lot of hall noise.

PV view.jpg

Ship - Pride

Deck - 7 Verandah

Stateroom # - 7176

Stateroom Category – 8k

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet, hall foot traffic was very light.  No noise heard from adjacent rooms or those above and below.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – typical great views, no maintenance issues.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Extended balcony, the additional space was perfect for when more than 1 person was out there.

Was wind a problem? - No

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Magic

Deck - 11, Panorama

Stateroom # - 11214

Stateroom Category – 8P Spa Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Only noise was from neighbors tv one night!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Gorgeous view, you can see everything from so high up!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - This cabin was a good choice, far forward so there was little foot traffic, yet close to the spa elevator that runs up to serenity.

Edited by GreatArmordillo

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Imagination

Deck - 4 Riviera  

Stateroom # - R141

Stateroom Category – 4B Inside

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Fairly quiet but I did have some party people a couple of rooms down that I could hear when they we were whooping it up.  I always bring ear plugs for just such an occasion and they worked fine. 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - There is a pole in the room so it may be a bit tight getting around it when the beds are together.  I could see though that when the beds would be separated there would be plenty of room to move around it.

Any other comments? - This is a sideways room as you can see on the pictures. There was a bit of a sewage smell from the bathroom on the second night but it cleared up the next day. i have a video up on Youtube as well here: Room Tour

20180830_132835.thumb.jpg.462c99054efdc48e18736c9d4833e5fc.jpg

20180830_133614.thumb.jpg.4a692bdeb3474f64f890033321cac540.jpg

20180830_132823.thumb.jpg.4bd2d6a36890e1b666eefe441ea96cb8.jpg

20180830_132818.thumb.jpg.ce2ae124b0f472312306f06a290525f8.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Fantasy

Deck - 11 Verandah

Stateroom # - V1

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Nice view, partial front and starboard

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Regular, 2 chairs and table

Was wind a problem? - No

Any other comments? - I loved this cabin and the steward, Ed Mark.

Edited by JennyB1977

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Triumph

Deck - Empress (7)

Stateroom # - 7295

Stateroom Category –Grand Suite

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views. I don't remember any obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for class.

Was wind a problem? - Wind was not a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems at all.

Any other comments? - Our room was wonderful. It had great views and was very quiet. About halfway between two banks of elevators which made it convenient depending on where we were headed.

IMG_1628.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

Ship - Elation

Deck - Upper (6)

Stateroom # - U17

Stateroom Category – Inside Porthole 

Quiet Stateroom? – Quiet except going in and out of port and the day at Half Moon Cove. Bow thruster runs all day at island.

Balcony View - Porthole, area in front of porthole can be used to put all the towel animals. 

Balcony Size? - None

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Can hear bass speakers from show two decks up from 8 - 9 and 11 - 12 pm on show nights.

Any other comments? - Cabin layout different from larger ships, more square but less storage.  Larger than normal shower. Desk with plug is next to bed which is good for CPAP machine.

Edited by gullgeorge

Ship -  Carnival Vista

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5220

Stateroom Category –  HE  Havana Cabana

Starboard or Port Side -  Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet location

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  No obstructions.  Surprised at how well we could see out through the glass lining the deck

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Larger patio than a standard balcony

Was wind a problem? -  No issues with wind thanks to the glass along the promenade

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N?A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  NO

Any other comments? - Cabin and bathroom seemed much smaller than Carnival balcony cabins on other ships.   I would not sail the Vista without a Havana Cabana, but will avoid the ship in the future due to the huge crowds and small venues.

• Thanks 1

Ship - Fantasy

Deck -Riviera

Stateroom # - R155

Stateroom Category – Inside

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? - Older ship, so only one plug.  Make sure you bring your power strip. Very comfy bed. Close to elevators, no issues.

Ship - Valor

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8360

Stateroom Category – 8D Balcony

Starboard or Port Side -  Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. I was expecting it to be loud with the lido deck above but it was quiet.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Very nice view and lots of shade.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any other comments? - Really liked the overall location of this room. Easy access to lido.

Ship - Dream

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 8317

Stateroom Category – inside

Starboard or Port Side - 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - N/A

Balcony Size? N/A

Was wind a problem? - n/a

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no complaints

Any other comments? - 

Ship - Dream

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9327

Stateroom Category – 

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Stateroom? No

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Balcony View - beautiful ocean view, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Fine

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Na

Any specific problems with this cabin? Yes, This cabin sits directly below the LIDO pool deck.  You can hear every chair being dragged across the floor and on the late night pool/lido parties this room is extremely noisy.  You can hear the music, dancing, DJ, every word.  I could not hear the late night movies.  If you are a party person not sleeping until after midnight, you should be fine.  My wife and I were smart enough to bring ear plugs (she says I snore...never). 

Any other comments? The fridge cupboard door was broken.

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Magic

Deck - 10-Lido

Stateroom # - 10273

Stateroom Category – 8F

Quiet Stateroom? Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Balcony View - Beautiful ocean view, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? Only because the weather was very windy when we sailed.  Some days it was very windy other days it was fine.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? We found it a little tight for our family of 4 when we were getting ready in the mornings or for dinner.  Everyone was needing to change or shower at the same time.  It was hard to move around each other, but I was not upset by this. We would stay in this room again.  You don't spend much time in your room anyway.

Any other comments? Loved the room. Great location on the Lido deck.  Close to the elevators.  We loved this room.  The view was fantastic.  I love that you can see right out the balcony as you lay in bed.  The room is tight for 4, but it worked fine for us.

Edited by TG6

18 hours ago, colejam29 said:

although this may be useful....im not scrolling thru hundreds or perhaps thousands of responses to find a ship or let alone a cabin....maybe also im not seeing it for what it is?...…..just my 2 cents

I'm not sure how to do it anymore since they modified the site, but you used to be able to search within a thread... so for example if you wanted info on Vista cabins in this specific thread, you could search for it... now all I'm seeing is the overall Search option, which I've always found to be of limited value... so when this thread started, it was quite helpful. Now? To each his own....

7 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I'm not sure how to do it anymore since they modified the site, but you used to be able to search within a thread... so for example if you wanted info on Vista cabins in this specific thread, you could search for it... now all I'm seeing is the overall Search option, which I've always found to be of limited value... so when this thread started, it was quite helpful. Now? To each his own....

I agree it's not user friendly.

Possibly, or probably, I'm misremembering, but it seems we used to be able to title posts within threads.  Ship name and cabin number don't bring these posts up for me when I try to search.

21 hours ago, colejam29 said:

although this may be useful....im not scrolling thru hundreds or perhaps thousands of responses to find a ship or let alone a cabin....maybe also im not seeing it for what it is?...…..just my 2 cents

At the top right hand side of the page is a search box. If you click in it a sub-menu drops down asking where you want to search. If you click on "this topic" then your search should only involve this thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The template is as follows:

Ship Carnival inspiration 

Deck - 6  upper

Stateroom # - U 15

Stateroom  Catagory— Porthole

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – 

Yes & No.... the walls were paper thin so we could hear our “wild” neighbors and anchor drop we heard it come down but overall the room was super quiet & In great location . 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nope

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Nope

Was wind a problem? -Nope

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -Nope

Any specific problems with this cabin? -just smoke smell when ac came on but I brought room spray an helped a lot with the smell & sewer smell from potty

Any other comments?

loved this room , the size , location ,room stewards , the 1st 3 rooms on each side in front for porthole rooms have an extra space in room not sure what hides behind it but might be nice to have the extra hangout space.

• 4 weeks later...

Ship -Freedom

Deck -8

Stateroom # -8244

Stateroom Category –Balcony

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet, for the most part. We were surrounded by families with small\loud children though, and the kiddos did make a lot of noise a few times.  

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - The view was great! We were able to watch as we pulled into Cozumel, watch as the tenders pulled up in Belize, and watch as we docked in Roatan. All occurred on the Port side, giving us a great view of everything. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Normal

Was wind a problem? - Only when arriving to and leaving from Roatan.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems. You're only a short set of stairs from the Lido Deck, food, and fun. No waiting for an elevator to get you there. 

• Thanks 1

Ship - Carnival Paradise

Deck - Deck 7, Empress

Stateroom # - E244

Stateroom Category – Aft View Extended Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - N/A

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – It was quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This cabin had that beautiful wake view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The bed was located near the window. There was no sofa or side chair so there was much more floor space than usual. We could have stored all of our luggage--2 large and 2 carry-on's if we(had wanted to) in the cabin (not under the beds) with room to spare. It made the cabin feel very spacious, although it might have been nice to have had a chair. (We just stood our large piece of luggage up in the corner and used it as a catch-all. It worked out fine.)

Any other comments? - This was one of the newly-added balconies and was one of my favorite cabins ever. The cabin was well-designed and spacious, had enough storage/closet space, and the balcony was wider and deeper (from the cabin sliding door to the rail) and it was furnished with an third chair. We LOVED the balcony! I would absolutely book this cabin again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Carnival Dream

Deck - 8 and 6

Stateroom # - 8242 and 6391 with 8242 being mine and Husbands room

Stateroom Category – 8D-8B

Starboard or Port Side - I have no idea and have no idea what this means?  Any info about this room would be appropriated.  Especially would appreciate knowing how far apart these rooms are and if they’re quiet rooms.