AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, don't click the "Track Package" button. I was talking about at the top of that same page where it lists your name & shipping address. Like this:

uc?export=download&id=1DRMHab9uGlWm3UaYuLfB_X1lUCPnCl6S

Where it says "null" should be my last name, but their bug was replacing last names with "null." It seems like they've got it fixed now. Thanks for looking.

And as for that Track Package button, it doesn't work for anyone. It used to work when you'd view that page using a mobile browser, but since they updated the site format, it no longer works at all.

Mine says my name in that spot.  No "null."

The card I ordered last week (about Tuesday) finally arrived! Woohoo! Off to book excursions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TLC535 said:

20PROTECT2K  for 2000 pts. :classic_wink:

Awesome!  Thanks!

Fyi, for those of you who have not yet used this code or 2020SAVEONGAS, I tried the other date combos (e.g.,  2020 before and after PROTECT2k and 20 before and after SAVEONGAS), and those, unfortunately, did not work.

Edited by Petersonfcu

13 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

The Allstate Rewards thread has reached 100 pages! 😁

See what you have started? :classic_laugh: Well......you may not have started it, but you sure helped a lot of people GET started using this point system. Thank you! Well done! 👍

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

See what you have started? :classic_laugh: Well......you may not have started it, but you sure helped a lot of people GET started using this point system. Thank you! Well done! 👍

You're too kind, sir. Just doing my part. Our illustrious thread starter @helene109 is still around here somewhere. It's not often that an OP sticks around a thread that's this big. Helene, your baby is growing up so fast. 😋 Congrats on 100 pages. Come take a bow.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You're too kind, sir. Just doing my part. Our illustrious thread starter @helene109 is still around here somewhere. It's not often that an OP sticks around a thread that's this big. Helene, your baby is growing up so fast. 😋 Congrats on 100 pages. Come take a bow.

Wow and to think it just started a few years ago! I have been on a total of 20 cruises!! Even 2 years ago we happened to be on the Vista with Guy Fieri!!! Ask away we try one every year!! Even did 2 cruises last year! Here is a few pictures my daughter with guy and my family of 4!!

Thanks again! 

33C9CF7B-85D7-44A3-97B1-500608D23DD3.jpeg

5699A52F-4EE8-4D47-99E1-03F304E7ABE1.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

For anyone who's placed a recent order, maybe late last week or this week, would you mind checking your Transactions History when you get a chance to see if it says "Null" anywhere in your name for the shipping info? To get there, login to your account, click on My Rewards at the top of the page, then scroll down to your recent purchases (you might have to click View Transaction History). To the right of the purchase, it'll say Details. Click on that to see the order info. Is your name in the shipping info. correct, does not say "Null" as part of it? It seemed to only happen to those of us who placed orders during the first part of last week, but now that people have placed more recent orders, I'm just curious to know if they fixed the Null bug. Thank you.

I ordered on Feb 1 and my name is correct.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

3:00pm.

Well then, it looks like the Null bug wasn't fixed.

It looks like one possibility might be that the new website format is factoring in middle names, but without a middle name actually entered, it's filling it in as "Null."

Calling Rewards customer service doesn't help. When I called last week, she told me they can't change our personal info. They can't even change our email address. She transferred me to the Drivewise dept. That guy changed everything in the system (correct name, the email I wanted to use) and told me it'd show up on my Rewards account in 24-48 hours, but it never did. Even though he changed my email in the Drivewise system, my Allstate Rewards emails still go to my old address. So it seems nothing they do on their end has an affect on our Rewards accounts. For us non-Allstate customers, we're stuck with what we started with. I even asked if I could create a new account and have my points transferred. That was a big no.

29 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

It looks like one possibility might be that the new website format is factoring in middle names, but without a middle name actually entered, it's filling it in as "Null."

Calling Rewards customer service doesn't help. When I called last week, she told me they can't change our personal info. They can't even change our email address. She transferred me to the Drivewise dept. That guy changed everything in the system (correct name, the email I wanted to use) and told me it'd show up on my Rewards account in 24-48 hours, but it never did. Even though he changed my email in the Drivewise system, my Allstate Rewards emails still go to my old address. So it seems nothing they do on their end has an affect on our Rewards accounts. For us non-Allstate customers, we're stuck with what we started with. I even asked if I could create a new account and have my points transferred. That was a big no.

You would have to escalate the issue, which could take at least 7 business days. I had to do that when I first got my account in order to change residencies for my account to be validated.

24 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

It looks like one possibility might be that the new website format is factoring in middle names, but without a middle name actually entered, it's filling it in as "Null"...

I have ordered twice.  On the billing/shipping info page there was a space for first name and a separate space for last name.  There wasn't a place to enter a middle name.

Perhaps this is related to the trouble I had in originally getting registered.  I was already an Allstate customer and had an on-line account, and neither of my policies has a middle name listed.

I'm just groping in the dark, wondering how some got swept into the Null Club.

15 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

You would have to escalate the issue, which could take at least 7 business days. I had to do that when I first got my account in order to change residencies for my account to be validated.

When she sent me to the Drivewise dept., that was supposed to be an escalation. I don't think I want to even bother with trying to go higher. I have half a mind to start a brand new account and just enter all future codes on that. I could still burn through my old points, which will last a long time anyway. But it may just recognize me in their system and say an account already exists.

7 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I have ordered twice.  On the billing/shipping info page there was a space for first name and a separate space for last name.  There wasn't a place to enter a middle name.

Perhaps this is related to the trouble I had in originally getting registered.  I was already an Allstate customer and had an on-line account, and neither of my policies has a middle name listed.

I'm just groping in the dark, wondering how some got swept into the Null Club.

I have no idea. Since Deluxe Rewards is the one that maintains the site, I feel like they're the ones who need to address the issue. Back when I first signed up, non-Allstate customers had to use the old stand-alone Drivewise app (before they integrated it into the Allstate app). I don't remember if there was a space for a middle name or not. Whatever it is, it looks like it started with the new site format.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:00 PM, Petersonfcu said:

I don't know about the credit card you are talking about, but I have the Bank of America Cash Rewards credit card which allows you to designate one category of expenditures to receive 3% cash back on.  I designate "Online purchases" for my BofA rebate,  and I do in fact get the 3% back on my purchases of gift cards through the Allstate website.  The three percent back is limited to $10,000 a year  in purchases ($2,500 a quarter), but that is still a nice cash rebate.   Fyi, the card has no annual fee, and a current sign up bonus of $200.

I just want to say thanks again, I used my BofA card to buy a 1000 dollar Carnival card and got a total of $29.72 back which is awesome in addition to the 10 percent saved with Allstate rewards! My BofA card will now be getting a nice regular workout with online purchases!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I just want to say thanks again, I used my BofA card to buy a 1000 dollar Carnival card and got a total of $29.72 back which is awesome in addition to the 10 percent saved with Allstate rewards! My BofA card will now be getting a nice regular workout with online purchases!

Glad that it worked out for you!  I will probably buy more than $10,000 of these cards this year,  so I really need two of these BofA cards.   Guess I will try to get one for my wife.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

Found these on Facebook along with some others that were already known

20startearly

2020startearly

startearly20

Startearly2020

20sunglasses

2020sunglasses

Sunglasses20

Sunglasses2020

Image result for thanks thumbs up

39 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

Found these on Facebook along with some others that were already known

20startearly

2020startearly

startearly20

Startearly2020

20sunglasses

2020sunglasses

Sunglasses20

Sunglasses2020

Thanks.  While I am a member over in the book, I don't really bother with it anymore as it not near as helpful as this thread.

On the NULL issue, I think it does have something to do with middle name. I have not had the null problem, but I have also ordered everything under my husband's name because I use his rewards card and we have different last names.  I always spell out my husband's entire name (including middle name) and include it because he actually goes by his middle name (even professionally) and we have had issues before with this causing a problem. Example: John Joe Smith.  

7 hours ago, Petersonfcu said:

Glad that it worked out for you!  I will probably buy more than $10,000 of these cards this year,  so I really need two of these BofA cards.   Guess I will try to get one for my wife.  🙂

This was mentioned earlier, but Chase Sapphire and some of the other airline miles rewards cards have offers if you sign up to get a bunch of miles as well. Sapphire has a fee but my husband has two cards that do not.  One is the United and I can't recall the other one.  

I am now mad at myself for going ahead and buying my airline tickets for my Norway cruise this summer because I have already managed to get 200k miles in a month between three cards.  I could have paid for a premium economy roundtrip ticket to London with this.