AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

It took forever, but I was able to login once. I entered the code and, after about 10 seconds, it finally popped up that it was accepted, but I swear it didn't add the points. I was looking at my points total and I'm pretty sure it didn't increase. It does say I got the points in my transactions history, so maybe I was just seeing things, but I don't know. I tried logging on again and now I'm getting the 503 error or just a blank page. If I click my bookmark again, I get the "Upgrade your account" page. Looks like there's a screw loose somewhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Well was in, then out, now back in.

Daily Deal???   Never really played around this site, so not 100% sure, but I saw a $5 Starbucks gift card for 500 points.   Said it had about 22 hrs to go

Figures! The one day when Allstate doesn't let me log on, I miss the Daily Deal with a gift card!

The Allstate Rewards website is touchy, I had to close my browser as it requested, to get it to work today.

For the record, I'm not an Allstate policy holder but enjoy these codes. I was locked out of my Allstate Rewards Account for several weeks and finally broke down and called Allstate Rewards. I got bounced back and forth between Allstate itself and Allstate Rewards a couple of times, then finally they put me with the Drivewise Phone App people who gave me an incident number and told me I'd be contacted within a week. I wasn't contacted and call back 8 days later. 

To their credit, they did escalate my problem and a tech support guy emailed me the next day. After many emails it turned out I was using my email address as my user ID (which is how most of the websites I use do it), but that wasn't my user ID, my User ID was something else. Oddly enough, in the beggining they confirmed my email was correct, which reinforced my belief that the email was the user ID.

So the point of the story is do what I did after this, and get a password manager to keep your passwords and user Id's straight. After inputting all the different personal and business website logins I haved, it turned out I had over 120 different ones, all using some variation of several passwords I was able to remember. Different websites have different rules for passwords and some websites made me change the passwords from time to time, which eventually made it impossible to ever really be sure what user Id and password would work.

I did quite a bit of research and narrowed it down to the app Last Pass and Bit Warden. Both work in your computer browser and on the phone. Bit Warden is open source and free with the option for a $10 upgrade for a couple of extra features. Last Pass has a free version but the full version is something like $69 a year. 

I went with Bit Warden and have come to love this App. I have a ton of regulatory agencies I have to deal with and now I only have to remember one great password to open Bit Warden, then Bit Warden remembers the other 100 plus logins for me. It also generates crazy strong passwords for me, with each website now having a unique completely random password that Bit Warden remembers for me. 

Anyway, if you're locked out of your the Allstate Rewards account, make darn sure you're remembering your User ID correctly, it may not be your email address, but something else. I thought the problem was the password because they were letting me reset the password based on my email, which made me think the email was my User ID,  but then it wouldn't let me in. 

After many email exchanges the tech finally sent me one saying please confirm you're using this as your User ID and that's when I finally found out it was me using the wrong User ID.

The other lesson here is that if you need tech support go at it from the mobile Drivewise App, which will force Allstate to help you even if you don't have a policy, which is my case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobandsherry said:

And WELCOMEBACK is good for 1,000 pts too. 

Thanks!  It sure was.  The posters here are great.  I will have a drink on my next cruise in honor of everyone here.  Even those who have only asked questions have contributed because I have learned and saved so much from the answers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

It took forever, but I was able to login once. I entered the code and, after about 10 seconds, it finally popped up that it was accepted, but I swear it didn't add the points. I was looking at my points total and I'm pretty sure it didn't increase. It does say I got the points in my transactions history, so maybe I was just seeing things, but I don't know. I tried logging on again and now I'm getting the 503 error or just a blank page. If I click my bookmark again, I get the "Upgrade your account" page. Looks like there's a screw loose somewhere.

I was right, it didn't increase my points total. But now that I'm able to log in again, it's showing the correct amount.

And thanks for the other 3 codes. I'm guessing the "welcomeback" codes are because of the website trouble. Clever of them. It sure does look like they've been taking a different approach to codes lately. Seems like they're shying more & more away from the codes that have multiple year variations.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:04 PM, Florida Paesano said:

Having the exact same problem and receiving the exact same error/edit messages Umbrae Noctem.  Spoke with technical support and they verified all of my account information as correct and were unable to provide an explanation as to why my birth month and year will not work.  I have deleted cookies until I don't think I will ever have another one, closed browsers, tried using three different browsers, rebooted my computer but nothing works.  I was finally able to log in (laptop using Windows) using www.allstaterewards.com which allowed me to get in to the rewards site.  I can see my account balance on the mobile app (Android) but that's it.  I'm not an Allstate policy customer in case that ends up having anything to do with it.  

Update:  I received a follow up phone call from technical support and this rep advised non policy holder account holders need to use the www.allstaterewards.com website. This same rep also advised the "Update Account" message that asks for birth month and year is for policy holders only and stated they do not know why others are getting that message.  I give technical support credit for following up on my survey response to the first technical support call I made! It's refreshing to me to see this level of customer service.  I have been able to successfully log in using the www.allstaterewards.com address today.

1 hour ago, Florida Paesano said:

Update:  I received a follow up phone call from technical support and this rep advised non policy holder account holders need to use the www.allstaterewards.com website. This same rep also advised the "Update Account" message that asks for birth month and year is for policy holders only and stated they do not know why others are getting that message.  I give technical support credit for following up on my survey response to the first technical support call I made! It's refreshing to me to see this level of customer service.  I have been able to successfully log in using the www.allstaterewards.com address today.

That's one link I use and still get the birthdate question.  Only solution so far has been to close browser entirely, launch, go in through Incognito mode and then log in.  Has worked every time. 

1 hour ago, Florida Paesano said:

Thank you! I've had much better luck getting logged in (www.allstaterewards.com) today and hope others have as well.

Yes thank you EN.  I got the same e-mail.  When I tried to post it here I kept getting a page superimposed over another page.  Allstate Rewards worked fine and Cruisecritic didn't work at all!

Am I the only one who had problems here today?

10 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Yes thank you EN.  I got the same e-mail.  When I tried to post it here I kept getting a page superimposed over another page.  Allstate Rewards worked fine and Cruisecritic didn't work at all!

Am I the only one who had problems here today?

Nope. I had 2 CC pages superimposed over the other and the page I was wanting to be on was frozen. In fact I couldn't do anything on the website. I did everything I could think of from using CC Cleaner to a full virus scan, to clearing all cache & cookies, to deleting the CC link from my favorites(thinking it could be a broken link). So I just gave up for most of the day. When I was finally able to log on there was a msg at top of opening screen where CC having some problems.