AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, Florida Paesano said:

Update:  I received a follow up phone call from technical support and this rep advised non policy holder account holders need to use the www.allstaterewards.com website. This same rep also advised the "Update Account" message that asks for birth month and year is for policy holders only and stated they do not know why others are getting that message.

That's what I said a couple days ago.  👇

On 2/25/2020 at 3:56 PM, Organized Chaos said:

I could be wrong, but I think that birth date verification page has more to do with policy holders than those of us who just have Rewards accounts. And that's why it doesn't do anything for us.

Good to hear their tech support finally caught up. LOL

Also, if allstaterewards.com doesn't work, just use this URL: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

For example, right now, allstaterewards.com isn't working for me, but the one above does...and always has for the last 3 years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. In fact, allstaterewards.com re-routes to that URL.

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Nope. I had 2 CC pages superimposed over the other and the page I was wanting to be on was frozen. In fact I couldn't do anything on the website. I did everything I could think of from using CC Cleaner to a full virus scan, to clearing all cache & cookies, to deleting the CC link from my favorites(thinking it could be a broken link). So I just gave up for most of the day. When I was finally able to log on there was a msg at top of opening screen where CC having some problems. 

Thanks.  When strange things happen I always worry that the problem is at my end.

31 minutes ago, bobandsherry said:

That's one link I use and still get the birthdate question.  Only solution so far has been to close browser entirely, launch, go in through Incognito mode and then log in.  Has worked every time. 

Since you said "Incognito" mode, I'm assuming you're using Chrome, correct? Do you have any browser extensions installed? It sounds like an extension is blocking the Rewards website. When it's in Incognito mode, it disables the extensions, so the website works. Try disabling your extensions, then see if Allstate Rewards works. You can do it one by one to see which one's causing the problem.

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Since you said "Incognito" mode, I'm assuming you're using Chrome, correct? Do you have any browser extensions installed? It sounds like an extension is blocking the Rewards website. When it's in Incognito mode, it disables the extensions, so the website works. Try disabling your extensions, then see if Allstate Rewards works. You can do it one by one to see which one's causing the problem.

Incognito mode also hides whatever cookies you have on your computer so the website cannot read it and will allow you to log in. This essentially is the same as deleting all the allstate cookies. In Firefox it is called private mode. For people who aren't good at getting rid of cookies private or incognito mode is a great way to log into Allstate and avoid the "locate your account" problems. And when you leave the private mode cookies are deleted.

Edited by n6uqqq

Forgive me if this has been asked, I tried searching. But hi all, I literally just made an account so I could ask y'all this lol. I ordered the $500 giftcard from Allstate, got an order confirmation but never a shipping confirmation. It says on the site it shipped almost a week ago but whenever I click the track package link it goes to a blank page. Has this happened to any of you? I've emailed them a couple times but haven't gotten a response. I have UPS MyChoice but without the tracking number I can't access the information on there and I'm just concerned I'm not going to be home to sign for the package. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Lokiii said:

Forgive me if this has been asked, I tried searching. But hi all, I literally just made an account so I could ask y'all this lol. I ordered the $500 giftcard from Allstate, got an order confirmation but never a shipping confirmation. It says on the site it shipped almost a week ago but whenever I click the track package link it goes to a blank page. Has this happened to any of you? I've emailed them a couple times but haven't gotten a response. I have UPS MyChoice but without the tracking number I can't access the information on there and I'm just concerned I'm not going to be home to sign for the package. Thank you!

Under shipping method, does it say Miscellaneous or USPS?  If USPS, it takes about a week.

If it says Miscellaneous, that means UPS, and it should have come by now, so you should call.

2 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Under shipping method, does it say Miscellaneous or USPS?  If USPS, it takes about a week.

If it says Miscellaneous, that means UPS, and it should have come by now, so you should call.

Thank you so much for the info! It does say miscellaneous, I'm assuming you mean call Allstate, would you happen to know where I could find that number?

9 minutes ago, Lokiii said:

You shouldn't need a tracking number for UPS my choice. You should get automatic notification that you have a package coming. You my need to go in and make some preference changes. And you will not get a tracking number from Allstate. We all get the blank page when clicking on track link. Only way you may get tracking number is to call allstate rewards.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Lokiii, FWIW, I ordered a $500 G.C. from Allstate last Friday, 02/21 And received it yesterday 02/27, and was mailed from Streetsboro, OH. On the packing list, there is a number to call:  800-642-2609.

Thank you very much! 🙂

11 minutes ago, Lokiii said:

Thank you very much! 🙂

Login to UPS MyChoice and click on the Quick Start tab at the top to open the drop-down menu. Down next to "Manage Home Deliveries," there should be a number by it. If it shows "1," then your card is on the way. Click on it to see more info. Or you can click on the Tracking tab and choose "Manage Home Deliveries" from that drop-down menu. It'll open a page where you can choose to view it as a "Table View" or "Calendar View." If your card is in route, it'll show up there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Nope. I had 2 CC pages superimposed over the other and the page I was wanting to be on was frozen. In fact I couldn't do anything on the website. I did everything I could think of from using CC Cleaner to a full virus scan, to clearing all cache & cookies, to deleting the CC link from my favorites(thinking it could be a broken link). So I just gave up for most of the day. When I was finally able to log on there was a msg at top of opening screen where CC having some problems. 

Yep, couldn't really do anything on CC yesterday afternoon or this morning.   Looking a little better right now (at least I can change pages and add comments), but it still feels a little hinky and I do still have the red bar at the top saying "We are working on a few issues"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

This is a first for me....to post this before anyone else. LOL. Good for 1,000 points.

HOTCHOCOLATE2020

Ha! I came to post the same thing! 

Funny thing is I run this race in San Diego every year and I thought this was from Hot Chocolate and not Allstate at first. It was confusing seeing two totally different worlds colliding in one email. 

Someone in another thread said that when they used an AARP e-card to pay on the balance of their November cruise, Carnival charged them a $2 fee and only applied $98 to the balance.

I've used a few e-cards in the last few months. One put towards a balance and a couple to buy Cruise Cash. I wasn't charged any fees. Has anyone else noticed this? If they start charging a fee to process their own gift cards, even if it's just the e-cards, that's messed up.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Someone in another thread said that when they used an AARP e-card to pay on the balance of their November cruise, Carnival charged them a $2 fee and only applied $98 to the balance.

I've used a few e-cards in the last few months. One put towards a balance and a couple to buy Cruise Cash. I wasn't charged any fees. Has anyone else noticed this? If they start charging a fee to process their own gift cards, even if it's just the e-cards, that's messed up.

I bought only one AARP e-card as soon as they started accepting credit cards for payment.  Shortly afterwards I FINALLY got successfully registered with Allstate so haven't purchased any others from AARP.

I used the AARP e-card on February 12 as part of the deposit on the Sailabration cruise in 2022.  Carnival credited the entire $100.

I cannot think under the current terms and conditions how they could charge a fee.  I think I must be missing something from the original post that reported a fee was charged.