AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

40 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

1417119414_Screenshot_20200311-1241142.thumb.png.aae8556a64bf13ee51a304fd400c43b2.png

March2020offers 

Mar2020giftcards 

March2020giftcards ✔️

20MarchMadness ✔️

MarchMadness20 ✔️

MarchMadness2020 ✔️

2020MarchMadness ✔️

I went ahead and wrote out all of them for you guys to copy & paste. Some didn't work for me, but YMMV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

March2020offers 

Mar2020giftcards 

March2020giftcards ✔️

20MarchMadness ✔️

MarchMadness20 ✔️

MarchMadness2020 ✔️

2020MarchMadness ✔️

I went ahead and wrote out all of them for you guys to copy & paste. Some didn't work for me, but YMMV.

It looks like they are doing something where codes work for some and not others.  March2020offers worked for me (but Mar2020offers did not).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Late to the party.... but caught up with bunch of codes ya'll provided.  Are these physical gift cards or e-cards sent via e-mail?

TIA

With Allstate? They are the physical hard cards. NOT the paper email, e-cards. And I've NEVER  had a problem with the physical gift cards. I've paid off my cruise with them. And have a few to add to my S&S account when we get on board. Not had one problem. Not one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

With Allstate? They are the physical hard cards. NOT the paper email, e-cards. And I've NEVER  had a problem with the physical gift cards. I've paid off my cruise with them. And have a few to add to my S&S account when we get on board. Not had one problem. Not one. 

Perfect, Joe!!  Thank you!

Want really cool cruise credits on Carnival?

I have been buying their stock which sunk faster than the Titanic. It's now trading at 14.97.

This is the deal;

If you own 100 shares or more of Carnival Stock (CCL) you get great credits on you cruise.

For 14 days or more you get 250.00 dollars

For 7-14 days you get 100.00 dollars

for 6 days or less you get 50.00 dollars 

I bought a 105 shares to be safe and it cost me 1,650.00. Its selling for half of what it was last year. I love to cruise so I know I'll get my money back over the next few years and the stock will be free by then.

Just thought I would share this. 

Viva La Mexico,  Cabo Bob :classic_tongue:😎:classic_tongue: enjoying the sun with the toungettes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CABO BOB said:

Want really cool cruise credits on Carnival?

I have been buying their stock which sunk faster than the Titanic. It's now trading at 14.97.

This is the deal;

If you own 100 shares or more of Carnival Stock (CCL) you get great credits on you cruise.

For 14 days or more you get 250.00 dollars

For 7-14 days you get 100.00 dollars

for 6 days or less you get 50.00 dollars 

I bought a 105 shares to be safe and it cost me 1,650.00. Its selling for half of what it was last year. I love to cruise so I know I'll get my money back over the next few years and the stock will be free by then.

Just thought I would share this. 

Viva La Mexico,  Cabo Bob :classic_tongue:😎:classic_tongue: enjoying the sun with the toungettes

Of course, all of the above is contingent upon the Carnival board approving this program going forward.   I believe at this point, the program is only approved to go through 7/31/20.  I think they meet in April to discuss this and other subjects?? 

I'm not saying that they won't allow the program to continue, but given the recent upheaval in the Carnival stock prices, I'm sure a lot of "rubber stamp" approvals will be given closer scrutiny.

Just something to consider before buying the stock...assuming you're buying it solely for the OBC aspect.

Garnett

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Of course, all of the above is contingent upon the Carnival board approving this program going forward.   I believe at this point, the program is only approved to go through 7/31/20.  I think they meet in April to discuss this and other subjects?? 

I'm not saying that they won't allow the program to continue, but given the recent upheaval in the Carnival stock prices, I'm sure a lot of "rubber stamp" approvals will be given closer scrutiny.

Just something to consider before buying the stock...assuming you're buying it solely for the OBC aspect.

Garnett

My thoughts exactly.  And it could be that CCL drops their dividend in light of all the recent events.   So there is still risk involved, if it were easy everyone would do it 🙂

7 hours ago, bobandsherry said:

My thoughts exactly.  And it could be that CCL drops their dividend in light of all the recent events.   So there is still risk involved, if it were easy everyone would do it 🙂

8 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Garnett

I already booked two cruises, one 14 day and one 8 day. I gave them the documentation required and got 350.00 cruise credit total for both cruises. Probably book one more long one for next winter before the meeting you mentioned and grab another 250.00. My share price will drop to ten bucks a share. Either way for me is a win win situation....   Cabo Bob

On 7/17/2019 at 7:12 PM, n6uqqq said:

Not necessarily. Most travel agents can apply gift cards and they would set you up with the prepaid gratuities also. I think you can buy cheers directly through carnival even if you are booked through an agent. I use Costco Travel and they have no problem applying gift cards for me. I pay entire cruises with gift cards.

I was about to pull the trigger with Costco travel, but their payment info says they only accept Visa and MasterCard. So you're saying they actually can process carnival gift cards?

2 hours ago, 1019throw said:

I was about to pull the trigger with Costco travel, but their payment info says they only accept Visa and MasterCard. So you're saying they actually can process carnival gift cards?

Yes, I use them all the time. You have to call Costco travel though. They take down your info and call Carnival and apply them for you. If you are creating a booking online the only way is like you said.

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Yes, I use them all the time. You have to call Costco travel though. They take down your info and call Carnival and apply them for you. If you are creating a booking online the only way is like you said.

Yep. That's what I have to do to get my payment applied to my booking. When I call my large online travel agency, I give them with the card number & pin number; they put me on hold, and a couple of minutes later, it's applied to my Carnival balance....which is $0.00 right now. 

19 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I've booked through carnival with a credit card before, then had them refund me and put the full amount on my gift cards. I think I might try that with them too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1019throw said:

I've booked through carnival with a credit card before, then had them refund me and put the full amount on my gift cards. I think I might try that with them too. 

You can do that also. I too have done that.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:32 PM, Eli_6 said:

I still owe quite a bit on my June Fjords cruise.  Now I am debating whether to buy the cards for the rest of the amount I owe considering all the uncertainty with everything because if it is cancelled (or I cancel), I would prefer to have it go back to my credit or debit card rather than a gift card... especially because I already would have about $2500 refunded on my gift cards between what I have already paid and cancelled excursions. (The excursions are very expensive in Norway.) Anyone else having this same internal debate?  

What we do is just set the money aside that we'll use to buy the cards, but won't buy them right away. That way if something happens, we don't have that money tied up in gift cards. When the time is right, we'll buy the cards. Timing might take a little effort if the cards are out of stock, like we experienced not long ago, but it's what works best for us. Actually, I got the advice from another CC user a long time ago and we've been doing it ever since.

On 3/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

It looks like they are doing something where codes work for some and not others.  March2020offers worked for me (but Mar2020offers did not).

It also seems like we're getting fewer & fewer codes that have variations with year. I think they caught on to the fact that we caught on to their tricks.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, n6uqqq said:

Usually when it doesn't work now it means you already entered the code.

That's the biggest change I don't like that came with the site redesign. It no longer tells us when we've already used a code. Instead, it's just a catch-all message that the code is invalid. I liked knowing that I already used a code because with this new method, I'm constantly double checking myself to make sure I spelled it correctly.

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

What we do is just set the money aside that we'll use to buy the cards, but won't buy them right away. That way if something happens, we don't have that money tied up in gift cards. When the time is right, we'll buy the cards. Timing might take a little effort if the cards are out of stock, like we experienced not long ago, but it's what works best for us. Actually, I got the advice from another CC user a long time ago and we've been doing it ever since.

Eli, O.C. speaks wisely. We bought gift cards as soon as we could. It took us a few months, but we paid for the cruise in full with them.  And then, this mess struck....now we are stuck with a pif cruise and not sure what to do. I'm hoping and praying that all will be well. I'm confident it will be. But.....