AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Yes. Thank you! I wast just wondering about buffering somewhere between $100 and $500 worth (I currently have enough to cover my final payment and planned costs, but no buffer). This made it an easier decision to get 4 $100’s @ $354.36 incl $2.36 postage.

Movtarget in NC

Edited by movtarget
Typo correction on my “345.36”

3 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Wow thanks again! I bought the 100! Never seen 12% before 

Same here. I've been doing higher denoms but I went with 100's today.10 of them was $885.90 after shipping. That's basically a free dinner a JiJi or Cucina with that 2%.

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Same here. I've been doing higher denoms but I went with 100's today.10 of them was $885.90 after shipping. That's basically a free dinner a JiJi or Cucina with that 2%.

I try to keep it under the 500 so I don’t have to sign for it. Any extra % helps! Curious if the other amounts will go down 

I just bought several $100 cards. Thanks for the heads up!  I did notice when I was checking out that the cards used an extra 2% in points (1200 instead of 1000).  I didn’t care because I’ve built up a lot as have many of you but it might matter to someone new. 

52 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I try to keep it under the 500 so I don’t have to sign for it. Any extra % helps! Curious if the other amounts will go down 

I like the signing so they aren't sitting out in my mailbox. I usually redirect them to a UPS store that's on my way home from work. Of course now I'm home so maybe I'll just let them come here.

Edited by Saint Greg

14 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

I just bought several $100 cards. Thanks for the heads up!  I did notice when I was checking out that the cards used an extra 2% in points (1200 instead of 1000).  I didn’t care because I’ve built up a lot as have many of you but it might matter to someone new. 

I noticed that as well but thought 1000pts per percent was pretty standard. I'm up to 376k myself so I don't think I"ll be running out anytime soon.

All three denominations are 12% off now! 🤘

We don't normally stockpile the cards themselves so as not to have a lot of money tied up in gift cards just in case we need that money down the road, but we'd better not pass this up.

The only time I saw a better offer was the one year, 2017 I think, when the U.S. Travel Association sold them for 15% off, but that was a limit of 3. And I think it was early 2018 when PayPal's eBay gift card store sold them for 15% off. Again, they limited them to 3, but they did it twice. That was the last time those deals were offered.

And to think, AARP removed them completely from their rewards site. 🙄

• Like 4

11 hours ago, M4Travels said:

And they're back with a limit of 3 per month as a member-only purchase.

Something tells me it's no coincidence that they brought them back (and increased the limit) now that Allstate is offering them at 12% off. It looks like they realized it might not have been the wisest decision to pull them down in the first place. It didn't make any sense. They said they were temporarily removing them because of the coronavirus and CDC guidelines. What do either of those things have to do with buying Carnival cards for future cruises? And if that was their reasoning, then why are they back?

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Has anyone else taken advantage of the 12% off yet? We bought a couple cards yesterday. Enough to pay off our January cruise. The 12% off saved us an additional $12, compared to 10% off. Not much, but we'll take it.

I’ve got some coming in on Tuesday. 

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve got some coming in on Tuesday. 

When did you order? My Allstate account says they shipped, but MyChoice hasn't updated yet. I'm assuming Monday or Tuesday.

Now we're thinking about putting a deposit down on one of the 2022 Sailabration cruises, so might get a few more 100's.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

When did you order? My Allstate account says they shipped, but MyChoice hasn't updated yet. I'm assuming Monday or Tuesday.

Now we're thinking about putting a deposit down on one of the 2022 Sailabration cruises, so might get a few more 100's.

I placed three separate orders on Wednesday. They all showed up in my UPS app last night with Tuesday as the delivery date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I placed three separate orders on Wednesday. They all showed up in my UPS app last night with Tuesday as the delivery date.

I place an order for 1 - 500 yesterday and it states it is being shipped by USPS 1st class.

1 hour ago, patcruise1 said:

I place an order for 1 - 500 yesterday and it states it is being shipped by USPS 1st class.

For some reason it always shows that in the beginning, but anything $500 or more will ship UPS, signature required.

If you don't have a UPS MyChoice account, you can create one for free and track it that way.

7 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

For some reason it always shows that in the beginning, but anything $500 or more will ship UPS, signature required.

If you don't have a UPS MyChoice account, you can create one for free and track it that way.

This was my 1st purchased from Allstate.  I have a UPS account, but nothing is showing there as of yet.  They usually send me a notification when they will be sending something my way.  Thank you for your assistance.

Just keep in mind, should Carnival need to file for insolvency those gift cards will essentially be worthless. You'd probably make more money taking money you'd spend on gift cards and buy CCL stock. If Carnival returns to cruising soon shares will soar and you'll make more on stock than the 12% savings on gift cards. As an example, I bought shares at $8, it closed yesterday at $12.41. That's 50+% gain. So $1,600 invested would be worth $2,482 today, $882 profit. Same $1,600 in gift cards would have returned $192 in savings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, patcruise1 said:

This was my 1st purchased from Allstate.  I have a UPS account, but nothing is showing there as of yet.  They usually send me a notification when they will be sending something my way.  Thank you for your assistance.

It seems to take a little bit for it to appear in MyChoice. At least for me it does. I ordered mine around 2:30 yesterday, they shipped this morning (according to my Allstate account), but I still don't show anything in MyChoice. If I had to guess, my order was probably picked up by UPS this morning, which prompted the "Shipped" status on Allstate, then will probably show up in my UPS later after the driver returns from his route and it gets sorted at their facility.

There's already some talk about it in other threads, but I wanted to post it here for the added benefit we can get with the gift cards. Carnival's running a sale on Cheers and $100 Cruise Cash. You can get 20% off of both for sailings from 10/4/2020-04/30/2022. Saint Greg said in another thread that sailings before 10/4 only offer 10% off of Cheers (not sure about Cruise Cash for that one). But I wanted to post it here too because, with the gift cards, we can get an additional discount. The sale ends tomorrow, I'm guessing at 11:59pm (eastern) Sunday night. My email says it's a special offer for my booking, so I'm not sure if it's available for everyone or just select bookings. You'll see the discount applied in Checkout. If it doesn't show up, try this method from Saint Greg...it might work then.

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

For anyone still having problems with it I called and got it figured out. If you have multiple bookings on your account it's having problems and you have to do it without being logged in. You need to log out of carnival. Scroll down to the very bottom and under "Already Booked" click "Organizer Access." Put in your booking number, last name, OK. That will take you into your booking and you'll have the discount when you add cheers to your cart.

FYI, once I clicked the "Proceed to Checkout" button, I get Carnival's error page, so the site must be swamped or glitched. I'm gonna keep trying because we'd like to take advantage of some cheaper Cruise Cash.

Edited to add: I use Firefox, but I switched over to Microsoft Edge and didn't get the error page.

Obviously, you can only take advantage of an additional discount if you have some gift cards on hand. Or, if you're an AARP member, they do have $100 e-cards available again (limit 3 though).

Edited by Organized Chaos

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

There's already some talk about it in other threads, but I wanted to post it here for the added benefit we can get with the gift cards. Carnival's running a sale on Cheers and $100 Cruise Cash. You can get 20% off of both for sailings from 10/4/2020-04/30/2022. Saint Greg said in another thread that sailings before 10/4 only offer 10% off of Cheers (not sure about Cruise Cash for that one). But I wanted to post it here too because, with the gift cards, we can get an additional discount. The sale ends tomorrow, I'm guessing at 11:59pm (eastern) Sunday night. My email says it's a special offer for my booking, so I'm not sure if it's available for everyone or just select bookings. You'll see the discount applied in Checkout. If it doesn't show up, try this method from Saint Greg...it might work then.

FYI, once I clicked the "Proceed to Checkout" button, I get Carnival's error page, so the site must be swamped or glitched. I'm gonna keep trying because we'd like to take advantage of some cheaper Cruise Cash.

Obviously, you can only take advantage of an additional discount if you have some gift cards on hand. Or, if you're an AARP member, they do have $100 e-cards available again (limit 3 though).

Weird. I just added Cruise cash to two of my cruises with no problem.