AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, Nevada Jen said:

is there a limit to how many you can purchase in one day or transaction?  I need to get a bunch right away to pay off my cruise by October 7.

49 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Allstate allowed me to add 10 five hundred dollar cards. So that likely is enough to pay off your cruise.

In the case your bill exceeds more than $5000, Allstate offers $1000 (2, $500) gift cards.

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

In the case your bill exceeds more than $5000, Allstate offers $1000 (2, $500) gift cards.

I went back and it allowed me to add 10 five hundreds, 10 five hundred two packs, and 10 one hundred cards all in one transaction. So i guess you can pretty much pay off any Carnival cruise 😉 . That is 16000 dollars but you need the points to do it.

20 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

If you owe say 5600.00 and only have $100 cards, does the balance go on as OBC? I have Princess cards for next cruise, but will buy more if they flow over to OBC.

Mahalo

I'm not sure if it works the same on Princess since they're both owned by Carnival Corp., but with the Carnival gift cards, after you pay off your cruise, any remaining balance on the gift card stays on the card. You'll then have to take the gift card with you and add it to your S&S account once you're onboard. Or use it to buy Cruise Cash from the online Fun Shops ahead of time, which will then be waiting on your S&S when you get onboard. Again, that's how Carnival handles it.

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Y’all are able to get into your Allstate rewards account? I’m getting an error.

I was just able to logon less than an hour ago, now get an error too. Wouldn't be the first time, the same thing happened a month or two ago.

Edited to add: I'm back on.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Information has begun to make its way to the forum about the revamped AARP Rewards program. We've learned that you'll now have to be an AARP Member to buy the Carnival cards and they'll be limiting their Carnival card purchases to one per month for each of the two denominations. With that, I suspect we'll be seeing some new faces in the Allstate thread, so I thought I'd be proactive and write up a summary for the new folks explaining how to join Allstate Rewards.

If you're an Allstate customer, I'm guessing you sign up for an Allstate Rewards account through your regular account. I'm not a customer, so I can't go into detail there.

For non-Allstate customers, you must create a new Allstate Rewards account through the Allstate Mobile app. Install the app and accept their terms of service. Then click on Create an Account under the orange Log In button. On the next screen, non-customers need to choose Drivewise Only (No Allstate policy). If asked, you have to turn on location tracking through your phone's GPS. I'll go into more detail about this later. You'll probably have to agree to another terms of service. Then fill out your information (name, address, etc.). From there, I can't remember where it takes you, but it should be self-explanatory from that point.

Drivewise is their safe-driving program. You can use the app and Drivewise to track you via GPS (this is why it wanted you to turn on location tracking during setup). You'll earn points by staying under a certain speed limit (I think it's 85 mph) and avoiding braking hard. After you travel so far and meet their requirements, you get points. I think it takes at least a couple days to earn points each time. With that said, I have never used the Drivewise tracking and never will.

Once you create your account with the app, you technically don't need the app anymore if you don't want it. I've deleted mine. If you want to use it, you can enter promo codes and buy the gift cards using the app, but you have to have location tracking turned on, even if you don't use Drivewise. Another reason why I don't use it.

You'll get a bunch of points for signing up. I think it's 10,000 for registering a new account and another 5,000 the first time you go to the rewards website. In addition, go back through this thread. It's a long, tedious process, but it's worth it if you want the points. There are dozens of codes shared in this thread that will literally get you tens of thousands of points. Some of them have expired, but many of them are still good.

If you don't want to use the Allstate app, you can login through their rewards website: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145. You can also go to https://www.allstaterewards.com, but that just redirects to the first URL. Enter promo codes at the top of the page. You purchase the gift cards by going to the Gift Cards tab, then the Travel category.

The ordering and shipping process for Allstate Rewards is identical to the old AARP Rewards for Good program, if you were a member of that. Allstate's Carnival cards are the physical cards that get shipped to you, so you'll have to pay shipping. They haven't had e-cards in a long time. If your order totals under $500, the cards will be shipped to you through USPS and you will not have to sign for them. If your order totals $500 or more, they'll be shipped via UPS and you will have to sign for them. For orders that are shipped UPS, I recommend creating a free UPS MyChoice account and installing the app. It'll let you track your gift card order from their site or your phone, and also provides some other services, both free and for a fee.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Same. It says upgrade my account, and BELIEVE ME I do not want to call Allstate Rewards EVER AGAIN!

That's different from what I was getting. I was getting a red box with something like "we are unable to process your request at this time please contact your local allstate agent." I am able to log in now.

I'm wondering if one of the reasons for the problem with getting Allstate drive wise cards, is because their webpage for that is being overloaded with the overflow from AARP's unrolling of the new program, that still has bugs in the system, and they are just migrating from aarp to allstate? Just a thought. YMMV.

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I'm wondering if one of the reasons for the problem with getting Allstate drive wise cards, is because their webpage for that is being overloaded with the overflow from AARP's unrolling of the new program, that still has bugs in the system, and they are just migrating from aarp to allstate? Just a thought. YMMV.

I believe that is a possibility. Also, they just sold out of Royal gift cards, and they do not offer anymore Princess gift cards.

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

7 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I believe that is a possibility.

Quick, turn out the lights! Everybody get down. If anyone knocks on the door, don't answer it. 🤫 😜