AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

4 hours ago, Squadleader said:

I tried a few of the common variations of the spookydeals19 and came up empty on more points. I'm afraid we're going to Organized Chaos or one of the other puzzle solvers to tease out the other variations that award more points!

For some reason, they didn't include the usual variations for this one. Looks like we got the Trick instead of the Treat. 👿

3 hours ago, martinchem said:

I just set up an Allstate Drive Wise account and this is what I get "Allstate Rewards is currently not available in New York."

I guess this is not available in Western New York at this time 

You aren't the only one. User @jbethel11 also found out about their NY rule a few months ago. If I remember correctly, he had an alternate address outside NY that he was able to use, but went through a very annoying process with their customer service to get everything changed over.

• Like 1

Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious19

It's supposed to work but I think I spelled it wrong.....

Spelling B-Bob :classic_tongue:👨‍🏫:classic_tongue:and his toungettes

Well, That's the last time I listen to 🙃Mary Poppins🙃….

Oh for the love of Pete! Look how time flies🦜🐦 It is almost "2020NEWYEAR" Or will it be "NEW2020YEAR" There is always the old standby "NEWYEAR2020". Three codes worth a thousand points each! Wow! That's 2000 points!

Cabo Bob :classic_tongue:😎:classic_tongue:and his toungettes

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CABO BOB said:

Oh for the love of Pete! Look how time flies🦜🐦 It is almost "2020NEWYEAR" Or will it be "NEW2020YEAR" There is always the old standby "NEWYEAR2020". Three codes worth a thousand points each! Wow! That's 2000 points!

What are the codes?

2 hours ago, CABO BOB said:

When I get one of those in my email in a couple months, I guarantee I’ll have forgotten I already used them.

Thanks for those.

I have enough Allstate points saved up to buy us cards for years to come. AARP Rewards can go suck an egg.

9 hours ago, CABO BOB said:

Image result for thank you

Thank you all!  First, it was Verizon rewards, then AARP.  Just signed up for this program and now have 30,500 points (I only got 5k as a new member).  I was able to use a couple of the old, big point codes but just about every older than a couple of days said they were not valid or expired.  Still, I don't have the cash to use up 30k points!  I still have about $900 in cards from AARP and by redeeming my AMEX reward points.  Still, with a 25 night B2B in a year, I'm going to continue to accumulate cards a bit at a time. 

Wish I could just have the larger denominations shipped to the office but I'm guessing they're like AARP and you have to ship to the address on your credit card.  Please lmk if I'm wrong because that would be so much simpler!

13 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Thank you all!  First, it was Verizon rewards, then AARP.  Just signed up for this program and now have 30,500 points (I only got 5k as a new member).  I was able to use a couple of the old, big point codes but just about every older than a couple of days said they were not valid or expired.  Still, I don't have the cash to use up 30k points!  I still have about $900 in cards from AARP and by redeeming my AMEX reward points.  Still, with a 25 night B2B in a year, I'm going to continue to accumulate cards a bit at a time. 

Wish I could just have the larger denominations shipped to the office but I'm guessing they're like AARP and you have to ship to the address on your credit card.  Please lmk if I'm wrong because that would be so much simpler!

I always redirect mine to a UPS store using the UPS app. 

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Is that process free?

Yep. I get an alert on my phone when it's delivered. The store usually calls me as well. I stop by after work and sign for it. I feel a lot better not having $1000 in gift cards on my doorstep.

I like that option (assuming I have a UPS store nearby; I'll check).  I'm not even comfortable buying the $100 cards to arrive in the mail since I'm in a townhouse that has groups of "rural" type mailboxes scattered around.  And, our mail carrier has a bad tendency to put mail in the wrong boxes!

Yes, there's a store across the street from my grocery. 😁

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Allstate Rewards is operated by the exact same company (Deluxe Rewards) that used to run the old AARP Rewards for Good, so everything is the same as it was there. The new AARP Rewards is garbage because they switched to a new fulfillment company. But to answer your question, yes, the shipping and billing addresses have to match. I've seen people say they've changed the billing address of their credit card to their work address so they could have the cards shipped there, but that's not an ideal option in my opinion.

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Is that process free?

With UPS MyChoice, you can instruct them to leave it with a neighbor or redirect it to a UPS store, both for free. I sure hope it's a trustworthy neighbor! Also, you can change the shipping date or send it to another address, both for a small fee.

Keep in mind, that's only going to work for gift card orders of $500 & over, otherwise they're shipped Postal. I don't know if the USPS has anything similar.

58 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I like that option (assuming I have a UPS store nearby; I'll check).  I'm not even comfortable buying the $100 cards to arrive in the mail since I'm in a townhouse that has groups of "rural" type mailboxes scattered around.  And, our mail carrier has a bad tendency to put mail in the wrong boxes!

Yes, there's a store across the street from my grocery. 😁

If you don't have it, sign up for informed delivery. I can look at it on the app or in email. They send me images of everything that should be coming in the mail that day. So at least with that you would know what day it was supposed to be delivered...and there's an option to check and submit any items you were supposed to receive but didn't.

https://reg.usps.com/portal/register?app=RMIN&appURL=https://reg.usps.com//preferences?app=RMIN&appURL=https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action?restart=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_content=b807_82id&utm_campaign=informeddelivery2018&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-4nuBRCnARIsAHwyuPqai_RwHrsArNaVtIs4K1-Fc3BuRnnaMNk3lN1cyNfUaQIBemvkC4IaAqGvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1