AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

And today I can't log in to the website.  Yesterday, after setting up my account on the mobile app, I couldn't do anything there and had to enter codes on the website.  It's the other way around this morning.  Not finding it terribly user friendly!  But as long as I don't miss the opportunity to enter the codes, I'll deal with it.  Just would be nice to use either the website or the app and not have to go back and forth to see which is going to let me log in at any given moment!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 6:26 AM, NCTribeFan said:

And today I can't log in to the website.  Yesterday, after setting up my account on the mobile app, I couldn't do anything there and had to enter codes on the website.  It's the other way around this morning.  Not finding it terribly user friendly!  But as long as I don't miss the opportunity to enter the codes, I'll deal with it.  Just would be nice to use either the website or the app and not have to go back and forth to see which is going to let me log in at any given moment!

I never use the app since it won't let us do anything without allowing GPS tracking to be turned on for Drivewise. I have no desire to do the tracking.

For non-Allstate customers, sometimes the website gets confused and asks to verify your date of birth. If you get that screen, there should be a "Log Out" button in the upper right corner. Click that and try again. Otherwise, clear your browser's cookies or, if you know how, just delete the Allstate cookies specifically. That should allow you to log in.

In the last few years, I've only ever experienced one time when they were having some trouble and we couldn't login for a few days. I didn't try it earlier today, but just did and it logged in ok.

4 hours ago, CarolSW said:

THANK YOU to all the contributors of this thread!

You have been so helpful.

I am well on my way to forgetting all about how much I thought I was going to miss the AARP Rewards program lol!

I agree with you about not missing the AARP Rewards program.  Like Allstate Rewards better.

Has everyone been getting their $500 cards or greater in about a week?  I just ordered $1500 worth and got them in 1 week.  My parents have decided to go with us and i would like to get $3000 more to pay for their cruise, but final payment is on the 25th, and I want to make sure that I am not tempting fate ;-).

Edited by Angua

55 minutes ago, Angua said:

Has everyone been getting their $500 cards or greater in about a week?  I just ordered $1500 worth and got them in 1 week.  My parents have decided to go with us and i would like to get $3000 more to pay for their cruise, but final payment is on the 25th, and I want to make sure that I am not tempting fate ;-).

Allow up to 10 business days, which is about 2 weeks. You should be fine as long as nothing is delayed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angua said:

I agree with jbethel. Most people get them in a week, counting weekends, but just be aware of their official timeframe. You have almost 2 weeks, so I think you should be ok (knock on wood). The last two times we've ordered some (both orders $500 or more, so shipped UPS), the first one took 7 days and the second order only took 2 days. Both were coming from the same facility, so I have no idea why there was such a big difference.

If you decide to go for it and haven't already, create a free UPS MyChoice account. It'll allow you to track the order as soon as UPS processes it.

39 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I agree with jbethel. Most people get them in a week, counting weekends, but just be aware of their official timeframe. You have almost 2 weeks, so I think you should be ok (knock on wood). The last two times we've ordered some (both orders $500 or more, so shipped UPS), the first one took 7 days and the second order only took 2 days. Both were coming from the same facility, so I have no idea why there was such a big difference.

If you decide to go for it and haven't already, create a free UPS MyChoice account. It'll allow you to track the order as soon as UPS processes it.

Yes, I already have a UPS My Choice acct, it's very useful.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback!

7 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

May have been covered already but it appears there is now an option for a $1000 card or 2-$500 cards as a single item.  I like the idea of a single $1000 gift card.  Take one of those onboard, load it and forget it for the week!

Yes, I ordered 3 of the $1000 gc over the weekend to pay for our cruise, since I went through a box store to order, I have to call in the payment, so having to read off less cards is a bonus.

3 minutes ago, rukkian said:

Yes, I ordered 3 of the $1000 gc over the weekend to pay for our cruise, since I went through a box store to order, I have to call in the payment, so having to read off less cards is a bonus.

Box store to order meaning your cruise?  Not to get off topic and i'm sure it's covered elsewhere on these boards but did you see any savings or added bonuses above what the carnival website offers?  Or did you get an in-store bonus of some sort?

7 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

Box store to order meaning your cruise?  Not to get off topic and i'm sure it's covered elsewhere on these boards but did you see any savings or added bonuses above what the carnival website offers?  Or did you get an in-store bonus of some sort?

Yes, for all cruises you get approximately 10% back after the cruise in a gift card.  For our last 2 I booked through them (rci), they also threw in many freebies - free massage, 3 free excursions, a free dinner for 2, and 2 free pop packages.  Being able to get 10% back and using the carnival gift cards through Allstate really helps.

For some reason there aren’t any gift cards appearing on the site. Hopefully they will be back soon.

I emailed customer support and this is their response -

Our gift cards are currently unavailable. We apologize that this is an inconvenience for you and we understand your frustration.

We unfortunately do not have any specifics to offer related to gift cards at the present time, but hope to have more information to provide at a later date.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, ciphertec said:

For some reason there aren’t any gift cards appearing on the site. Hopefully they will be back soon.

I emailed customer support and this is their response -

Our gift cards are currently unavailable. We apologize that this is an inconvenience for you and we understand your frustration.

We unfortunately do not have any specifics to offer related to gift cards at the present time, but hope to have more information to provide at a later date.

I see all of the Carnival cards. $100, $500, 2-pack of $500, and the new $1000 card.

We haven't really confirmed it, but it's quite possible that availability is sometimes based on where you're located. There's been times when they were available for some people, but not everyone.

Prior to this year, both Allstate and AARP (back when they still had Rewards for Good) constantly sold out of Carnival cards. We'd usually have to wait at least a couple weeks before they stocked more, sometimes longer. But they've been real good at keeping them stocked this year.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:18 PM, ksmcdonald said:

I am so afraid to buy $900 dollars worth of gift cards and then Carnival not accepting them when I try to pay for my drink package on line. My cruise and tips are already paid in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just paid for my drink package with gift cards. mine were from aarp but thinking about trying thjis for my excursions & specialty dining. 

56 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I see all of the Carnival cards. $100, $500, 2-pack of $500, and the new $1000 card.

We haven't really confirmed it, but it's quite possible that availability is sometimes based on where you're located. There's been times when they were available for some people, but not everyone.

Prior to this year, both Allstate and AARP (back when they still had Rewards for Good) constantly sold out of Carnival cards. We'd usually have to wait at least a couple weeks before they stocked more, sometimes longer. But they've been real good at keeping them stocked this year.

I think their reference was to retailmenot website .

On 11/16/2019 at 5:54 PM, drafterdw said:

I just paid for my drink package with gift cards. mine were from aarp but thinking about trying thjis for my excursions & specialty dining. 

The Allstate rewards program is ran by the same company that operated the old AARP Rewards for Good program, so if you were familiar with AARP, then you won't have any problem here. Allstate's rewards site is pretty much identical. The only difference is, non-Allstate customers have to create a rewards account through the Allstate app first. After that, you can use the app or the website to enter codes and buy cards.