AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Look at the bright side...the old AARP Rewards for Good program only gave us promo codes worth 150 points. With Allstate, their codes are always good for a $100 card, at least.

Believe me, I am not complaining!!!  AARP who???    🙂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

FYI

The Princess and Royal Caribbean cards are currently not on the site.

Sometimes the Carnival cards would disappear from the old AARP website too.   But they always came back after a few days at most.   Hopefully, the Allstate website will be like the old AARP website with regard to the reappearance of the Princess cards.   I understand the Allstate website is run by the same 3d party vendor that ran the old AARP website.

Ok, I've resisted this, and I can't stand it any longer. I've purchased aarp g.c.'s and was very pleased. But the Allstate drive wise cards have my interest. 

Bottom line, how many points do you have to expend to  get a $100 Carnival Gift Card. Or $500 for that matter? 

Just idle curiosity. 

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

how many points do you have to expend to  get a $100 Carnival Gift Card. Or $500 for that matter? 

1,000 points for a $100 Carnival Gift Card.

5,000 points for a $500 Carnival Gift Card.

10,000 points for a $1000 Carnival Gift Card.

5 hours ago, Petersonfcu said:

Sometimes the Carnival cards would disappear from the old AARP website too.   But they always came back after a few days at most.   Hopefully, the Allstate website will be like the old AARP website with regard to the reappearance of the Princess cards.   I understand the Allstate website is run by the same 3d party vendor that ran the old AARP website.

It wasn't until late 2018, early 2019 that they were in stock all the time. There was a time when we'd have to wait about 2 weeks for them to be restocked. They'd run out in a week or two, take a couple weeks before they came back, rinse repeat. Sometimes the wait was even longer. Back then it was a mix of physical cards and e-cards. Sometimes one or the other, sometimes both. Life was like a box of chocolates...you never knew what you were gonna get. Everyone was just glad to get whatever before they ran out again. Ah the good ole rewards days. I'll admit, I've been wondering if the influx of new Allstate Rewards users will take us back to the days of running out of stock.

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Ok, I've resisted this, and I can't stand it any longer. I've purchased aarp g.c.'s and was very pleased. But the Allstate drive wise cards have my interest. 

Bottom line, how many points do you have to expend to  get a $100 Carnival Gift Card. Or $500 for that matter? 

Just idle curiosity. 

Resistance is futile.

It's exactly the same as the old AARP Rewards for Good. The same company operates Allstate Rewards that used to run Rewards for Good. That's why the new AARP Rewards stinks now...they changed companies. And as you've seen on this thread, you'll have tens of thousands of Allstate points right out of the gate. If you need a refresher on how to join up as a non-Allstate customer, check out my post on page 66: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/page/66/?tab=comments#comment-58982270

Welcome to the club. 🤜🤛

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Resistance is futile.

It's exactly the same as the old AARP Rewards for Good. The same company operates Allstate Rewards that used to run Rewards for Good. That's why the new AARP Rewards stinks now...they changed companies. And as you've seen on this thread, you'll have tens of thousands of Allstate points right out of the gate. If you need a refresher on how to join up as a non-Allstate customer, check out my post on page 66: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/page/66/?tab=comments#comment-58982270

Welcome to the club. 🤜🤛

Ok. Ok, Damn. I hate change, But you'vconvinceded meI I Will try to make the change,  Thank you. Dammit.

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Ok. Ok, Damn. I hate change, But you'vconvinceded meI I Will try to make the change,  Thank you. Dammit.

You don't have to ditch AARP completely. You can continue to get your one $100 card per month from them. But when you have a cruise booked and want to pay down the balance or purchase other things, chances are good that one $100 card per month just isn't going to cut it.

Their card is nice to have in a pinch because it's an e-card that's delivered right away. But I have now seen a few people say that Carnival is refusing to accept the e-cards to fund S&S accounts once you're onboard. I don't know how official that is, but a few people on here have said they were denied using them.

I do know that about a year ago, there was trouble with people buying fraudulent e-cards online and Carnival wouldn't add any e-card to S&S accounts until they were verified by HQ first. Which, according to them, took 24 hours. So people had to go back to Guest Services the next day. So it may be that Carnival decided to flat-out refuse to take e-cards onboard to make it easier on them. I don't know. Take that into consideration if any of you plan to take e-cards onboard.

They're still good on the website. I just used one from AARP last month to put towards our balance.

14 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

1,000 points for a $100 Carnival Gift Card.

5,000 points for a $500 Carnival Gift Card.

10,000 points for a $1000 Carnival Gift Card.

Its so easy to get points that its hardly an issue. I got 50K in two days and used some to get cards to pay off our April cruise. Now Im back up to almost 70k again.

33 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I tried 100year hoping for a 100,000 points but it kicked me off.

Careful! You don't want to end up in Allstate rewards jail 🤣. Some of us used some ill advised codes on the former AARP rewards and ended up suspended for a while.

4 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Careful! You don't want to end up in Allstate rewards jail 🤣. Some of us used some ill advised codes on the former AARP rewards and ended up suspended for a while.

This is why I haven’t used anyone else’s codes - I thought people were kicked off AARP for using codes that weren’t sent directly to them and one of the reasons that program was changed......I could be wrong though.

3 hours ago, Galatz said:

Is that actually a thing? They can kick you off?

I'm sure they could if you violated their rules bad enough. As n6uqqq mentioned, about a year ago, someone shared an AARP code on one of the AARP threads that was either glitched or hacked. You could enter the code as many times as you wanted, getting the points every time (their old codes were only worth 150 points). People were racking up thousands of points, but AARP caught on and suspended every account that used that code. Their accounts were suspended for a couple months or more, if I remember right. Once they started unlocking them, some people had ALL of their points taken away, some just the points gained through the "code." Luckily, I avoided that mess. I wanted no part of it.

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'm sure they could if you violated their rules bad enough. As n6uqqq mentioned, about a year ago, someone shared an AARP code on one of the AARP threads that was either glitched or hacked. You could enter the code as many times as you wanted, getting the points every time (their old codes were only worth 150 points). People were racking up thousands of points, but AARP caught on and suspended every account that used that code. Their accounts were suspended for a couple months or more, if I remember right. Once they started unlocking them, some people had ALL of their points taken away, some just the points gained through the "code." Luckily, I avoided that mess. I wanted no part of it.

While I can see some not wanting to do it, this is completely different.  The codes from AARP were single use randomly generated codes, and were given out to individuals after making an order.  They were not generic phrases that everybody gets the same one sent to them.

2 minutes ago, Wombservice said:

This is why I haven’t used anyone else’s codes - I thought people were kicked off AARP for using codes that weren’t sent directly to them and one of the reasons that program was changed......I could be wrong though.

No, the mess with AARP was because there was a code floating around that could be used as many times as you wanted. It was either a glitch or maybe a hack of some kind. Their rules clearly stated codes could only be used once, so everyone who used it repeatedly were violating their rules. That's why they got busted.

I don't think the change to the new AARP Rewards had anything to do with that.

These Allstate codes are ones that are sent to everyone via email. It's just that they send variants of the codes to different people. For example, one will use 20 as the year while another will use 2020. They're all legitimate codes sent out to members.

2 minutes ago, rukkian said:

While I can see some not wanting to do it, this is completely different.  The codes from AARP were single use randomly generated codes, and were given out to individuals after making an order.  They were not generic phrases that everybody gets the same one sent to them.

Not all of them. They did issue codes to people who ordered cards, but they also sent out codes through email that were of a similar nature to Allstate's codes. It was the same company running both at that time. The one that still runs Allstate Rewards now. I did hear that the "naughty" code everyone was using was one that came with someone's gift card order, but that wouldn't have allowed it to be entered multiple times. It somehow had that unique property.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Not all of them. They did issue codes to people who ordered cards, but they also sent out codes through email that were of a similar nature to Allstate's codes. It was the same company running both at that time. The one that still runs Allstate Rewards now. I did hear that the "naughty" code everyone was using was one that came with someone's gift card order, but that wouldn't have allowed it to be entered multiple times. It somehow had that unique property.

I will admit to a *friend* using that code, and it was one that was included with somebody's order, but was bugged, hence the issue- exploiting a bug.  

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Wow. That's nerve-racking. How would I know if one of the codes someone gave me is fake? And since I just used it once, I would never suspect a thing?

31 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Wow. That's nerve-racking. How would I know if one of the codes someone gave me is fake? And since I just used it once, I would never suspect a thing?

The person who shared it here got it from social media, if I remember. They told everyone it could be used over & over, so that's how CC users knew to do it. When I heard about it, it was a huge red flag to me. Since it could be used repeatedly, I knew something wasn't right with that code, so I wasn't about to use it. Even the people who only used it once, or so they said, got their accounts locked.