AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 minute ago, jerrya72 said:

Normally when I buy a $1,000 card it says shipped UPS and requires a signature but last month the tracking number was "ShippedPitneyBowes" and was sent USPS and just arrived in my mail box with the regular mail.  I bought one last week and it had the same weird tracking number but came UPS and signature was required.

I did see someone else say something similar a while back. They ordered over $500, but they came USPS. Since they were the only person I had ever seen say that on here, I just kind of wrote it off as someone at the fulfillment center had made a mistake and shipped it wrong.

5 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

I have been buying gift cards as far back as when Verizon was doing them, then moved to AARP for a few years and then switched to Allstate when I was locked in AARP jail. I have ordered probably $50,000 worth of gift cards over the years and never once had to sign. I am always prepared however.

When my order was coming on Monday, I went outside to meet my UPS guy and said "do I need to sign?" and he said "nope, no signature needed".

That's crazy. It's the shipper, in this case Deluxe Rewards, who sets the signature requirement, so I have no idea why yours is different. Evidently, you are the Chosen One.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

How ironic, Royal Caribbean gift certificates (which are horrible, btw) are being advertised!

I'm guessing maybe they're advertising them because they're having a hard time selling them because they stink.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

$100 cards are out and $500 show as "Sold Out." I guess it's back to the way it used to be...waiting for them to restock. All good things come to an end. 😞

AARP killing us in more ways than one!   😉

I must be doing something wrong.  I have been an Allstate customer for several years, but never enrolled in their rewards program until recently.  I did the mobile app and I can't seem to get to the rewards site.  It keeps giving me this;

"This page is currently unavailable. Please try back later."

I have tried many times and I get the same message.  Any ideas??

3 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

I must be doing something wrong.  I have been an Allstate customer for several years, but never enrolled in their rewards program until recently.  I did the mobile app and I can't seem to get to the rewards site.  It keeps giving me this;

I would try to get to rewards on a computer.  I have had better luck getting in that way.  I use the app to setup an account, and sometimes to get driving bonuses, but do everything rewards related on a computer in a browser.

2 minutes ago, rukkian said:

I would try to get to rewards on a computer.  I have had better luck getting in that way.  I use the app to setup an account, and sometimes to get driving bonuses, but do everything rewards related on a computer in a browser.

I am using my computer to try to get in.  I've been trying off and on for several days and keep getting the same message.  I'm using Chrome and turn off my ad blocker and still get the message.  ????

6 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

I am using my computer to try to get in.  I've been trying off and on for several days and keep getting the same message.  I'm using Chrome and turn off my ad blocker and still get the message.  ????

Switch your browser (Safari or Firefox). If that doesn't work, restart your computer. If that doesn't work, clear your cookies and caches. 

23 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

On Chrome, try incognito tab and then login, and see if that helps.

31 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

I recently signed up for the rewards program for Allstate and it took a couple of days to get access to the rewards site.  Make sure your Drivewise account is active.

Last night I restarted my computer.  Did nothing to help.  I'll try clearing my cookies to see if that will help.

Where is the Chrome incognito tab??  Sorry...I'm so computer challenged!?!

I did sign up for the Drivewise last night, so maybe I just need to wait a couple of days.  Seems like they would make it a little easier for their customers....yea right!

3 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Last night I restarted my computer.  Did nothing to help.  I'll try clearing my cookies to see if that will help.

I did sign up for the Drivewise last night, so maybe I just need to wait a couple of days.  Seems like they would make it a little easier for their customers....yea right!

In the upper right hand corner, click the 3 dots (should be right under the x for close).  In the list, there should be new incognito window.  This will open another copy of chrome with none of your data available, and is in essence a new install, so it can get around issues on some websites.

Edited by rukkian

1 minute ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Yea, their process is a bit screwed up.  I had to call Allstate because Drivewise was not logging my drives.  Seems I needed to have my phone on with no battery management turned on for the app to work.  I like how you can earn money and apply it when you purchase the gift cards.  I already have $55 from mine and my wife's drivng.

2 minutes ago, rukkian said:

In the upper right hand corner, click the 3 dots (should be right under the x for close).  In the list, there should be new incognito window.  This will open another copy of chrome with none of your data available, and is in essence a new install, so it can get around issues on some websites.

Thank You!  I have such great respect for anyone with computer smarts!

• Like 1