AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

2 minutes ago, jhubba said:

Yea, their process is a bit screwed up.  I had to call Allstate because Drivewise was not logging my drives.  Seems I needed to have my phone on with no battery management turned on for the app to work.  I like how you can earn money and apply it when you purchase the gift cards.  I already have $55 from mine and my wife's drivng.

What???  I can earn $$$!  Where have I been??

Thank you so much for that tip!

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Oh no. Good luck with that. 😒

Actually it went pretty smoothly.  She figured out that my battery management on the phone was causing the app not to log my driving.  After I turned off the management, it started logging right away.

1 minute ago, E@syPe@zy said:

What???  I can earn $$$!  Where have I been??

Thank you so much for that tip!

As I understand it, as long as your have an Allstate policy, you will earn dollars for your good driving.  This can be applied to renewing your policy, or for rewards purchases, or they will send you a check.

4 minutes ago, jhubba said:

As I understand it, as long as your have an Allstate policy, you will earn dollars for your good driving.  This can be applied to renewing your policy, or for rewards purchases, or they will send you a check.

That makes it worth it for them to monitor my driving.  For some reason, it just seems sort of like big brother is watching you.  But it appears their parameters for safe driving are fairly lenient.

11 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

That makes it worth it for them to monitor my driving.  For some reason, it just seems sort of like big brother is watching you.  But it appears their parameters for safe driving are fairly lenient.

A lot better than Progressive when I had them.  Their monitor beeped at me all the time and I am a careful driver.

7 minutes ago, jhubba said:

A lot better than Progressive when I had them.  Their monitor beeped at me all the time and I am a careful driver.

I’d gladly pay for an app that would shout 4 letter words and raise a finger to save my time whenever somebody cuts me off.  Has about the same ignore effect from them.

1 hour ago, E@syPe@zy said:

I must be doing something wrong.  I have been an Allstate customer for several years, but never enrolled in their rewards program until recently.  I did the mobile app and I can't seem to get to the rewards site.  It keeps giving me this;

"This page is currently unavailable. Please try back later."

I have tried many times and I get the same message.  Any ideas??

For those of us who aren't Allstate customers, we had no choice but to sign up for Allstate Rewards through their app. That was our only way. But since you're a customer, I just assumed it could be done through your online account. But as long as your rewards account is created, that's a start.

You don't need to use Chrome, unless you're used to it. I use Firefox on my computer and can also access the rewards website using Safari on my iPhone. Sometimes you do get a screen that asks for your birth date to verify your account. For me, that usually happens if I login to my account, log out, then try to login again without having closed the browser or that tab. That's when it's best to just clear your browser cookies and try the website again.

You also do not need to active Drivewise if you don't want to. I do everything from the website, I don't even have the app installed on my phone anymore. But if you want to, it tracks your driving using your phone's GPS and gives you points for not going over a certain speed limit (I want to say 85 mph) and for not doing any hard braking. It has to track you for 2-3 days before it rewards the points. As a customer, you might get more than just points, I don't know. I'm not into the whole track me thing, so I've never used it. If you enter the promo codes that are listed on pages 68 & 69 of this thread (some good, some might be expired), you should end up with tens of thousands of points.

Be sure you're going to one of these two URL's to get to the Allstate Rewards site:

https://www.allstaterewards.com

Using the link above will actually re-route you to this full URL, but either one works:

https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Edited by Organized Chaos

For those who are just getting started with Allstate Rewards and haven't created an account yet, this is how you do it if you're not an Allstate customer. If you are, I'm not sure if you can do it this way or if you have to do it through your policy holder's account.

It's a little more complicated for non-Allstate customers to sign up because you have to use the mobile app first.

For non-Allstate customers, you must create a new Allstate Rewards account through the Allstate Mobile app. Install the app and accept their terms of service. Then click on Create an Account under the orange Log In button. On the next screen, non-customers need to choose Drivewise Only (No Allstate policy). If asked, you have to turn on location tracking through your phone's GPS. I'll go into more detail about this later. You'll probably have to agree to another terms of service. Then fill out your information (name, address, etc.). From there, I can't remember where it takes you, but it should be self-explanatory from that point.

Drivewise is their safe-driving program. You can use the app and Drivewise to track you via GPS (this is why it wanted you to turn on location tracking during setup). You'll earn points by staying under a certain speed limit (I think it's 85 mph) and avoiding braking hard. After you travel so far and meet their requirements, you get points. I think it takes at least a couple days to earn points each time. With that said, I have never used the Drivewise tracking and never will because I don't do tracking, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of this process.

Once you create your account with the app, you technically don't need the app anymore if you don't want it. I've deleted mine. If you want to use it, you can enter promo codes and buy the gift cards using the app, but you have to have location tracking turned ON, even if you don't use Drivewise. That's another reason why I don't use it.

You should get 5,000 points for signing up. If you choose to use the Drivewise feature of the app and let it track you, people also used to get 10,000 points as a bonus after 2-3 days of initial use, but I'm not sure if that's still a thing. In addition, go back to pages 68 (at the bottom) and 69 of this thread. A couple users have gathered up all the past codes shared to this thread. Many of them will still work, but some might be expired. You should earn tens of thousands of points from all those codes, so they're worth entering.

If you don't want to use the Allstate app, you can login to their rewards website: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145. You can also go to https://www.allstaterewards.com, but that just redirects to the other URL. Enter promo codes at the top of the page. You purchase the gift cards by going to the Gift Cards tab, then the Travel category.

The ordering and shipping process for Allstate Rewards is identical to the old AARP Rewards for Good program, if you were a member of that. For now, Allstate's Carnival cards are the physical cards that get shipped to you, so you'll have to pay a small shipping fee for each card. They haven't had e-cards for over a year and I won't hold my breath that they return. If your order totals under $500, the cards will be shipped to you through USPS and you will not have to sign for them. If your order totals $500 or more, they'll be shipped via UPS and you will have to sign for them. When you place an order, your billing and shipping addresses have to match or the order won't go through.

For orders that are shipped UPS, I recommend creating a free UPS MyChoice account and installing the app. It'll let you track your gift card order from their site or your phone, and also provides some other services, both free and for a fee.

Technically, Allstate Rewards is operated by a company called Deluxe Rewards Ltd. They handle all the orders and shipping of the gift cards. They're actually the ones who also used to operate AARP Rewards for Good before AARP ditched them and went with another company, changing to AARP Rewards. That's why there's such a big difference with their new program.

With the influx of new members coming from the less than stellar new AARP program, it seems as if Allstate isn't able to keep up with the demand now, so we're seeing cards go out of stock. For those of us who have been doing this long enough, that's nothing new, but we've been spoiled for the last year+ with cards that were always in stock. There's no way to know when they'll restock cards. There were times in the past when we regularly had to wait 2 weeks between resupplies. Hopefully we don't have to go back to that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BrezQ said:

Sorry if this is a repeat question, just wayyyy too many pages! Is there a thread with Allstate codes? And WHERE on the site or the app do I put them? TIA

Happy Sailing!

Page 68 has a bigger list, but more of those might be expired. Someone on page 69 narrowed it down a bit to the codes that worked for them.

9 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I signed up and have accumulated points from the posts on this board, but I am not receiving emails or codes from drivewise.  Any ideas as to why that might be?.

The emails only come maybe once/week, sometimes every other week. But with the codes shared here, we get a ton of points. What's nice about Allstate's codes is that they're worth at least 1,000 pts.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, BrezQ said:

Sorry if this is a repeat question, just wayyyy too many pages! Is there a thread with Allstate codes? And WHERE on the site or the app do I put them? TIA

Happy Sailing!

On the app go to the page that lists the categories

1 hour ago, 1GaPeach said:

When they are shipped do you get a separate email with the tracking number?

They don't notify you at all that they shipped.

User n6uqqq figured out that if you go to the rewards website using a mobile browser instead of a web browser on a computer, they'll show a tracking number. Once logged in, go to Account, then scroll down to that particular order and click View Transaction Details. There should be a tracking number on the next page. I see this when they're shipped UPS, I don't know about USPS. Again, this only works when using a mobile browser for some reason. I guess it has something to do with how they've set up their mobile website.

For orders shipped UPS, a UPS MyChoice account is the best way to go, if you ask me. As soon as UPS takes possession, it'll show up in your MyChoice and you can track it from there.

Also, I think they can give you a tracking number if you call rewards customer service.

Edited by Organized Chaos