Carnival Vista: January 22-28, 2017: Review

funandsun63

Thanks for your review!

You mentioned small fires, did they say where? That is a little concerning. I have never been on a ship with a fire of any kind.

the first one was on the first night and i don't think it was confirmed as a fire. the captain said it was a report of smoke from a trash can but no fire. the second one was i believe the last sea day and i really couldn't understand what he was saying during the announcement. but i thought it was good to keep everyone aware and not in the dark.

The red Pub food is there a charge?

I found a menu that has no prices on it

i didn't get around to eating there but i did flip through the menu one night and if i remember right the food was $3.33. i wanted to try the wings but never got around to it. the thirsty frog IPA (i believe they called it an APA) was very good. it had a hint of grapefruit. you could also order food in the sports bar i think it was wings, or personal pizza.

OP,

Thank you for the favorable review. Can you use any card with a magnetic strip to keep the lights on? That's the way it worked on NCL so just wondering if CCL is the same way.

Bill

i used an old carnival gift card. just left it in there all week. you could use anything that is the shape of the room card.

i didn't get around to eating there but i did flip through the menu one night and if i remember right the food was $3.33. i wanted to try the wings but never got around to it. the thirsty frog IPA (i believe they called it an APA) was very good. it had a hint of grapefruit. you could also order food in the sports bar i think it was wings, or personal pizza.

the wings-- that is what caught my eye

Wondering if its the same as what is offered through room service for 5.00

the first one was on the first night and i don't think it was confirmed as a fire. the captain said it was a report of smoke from a trash can but no fire. the second one was i believe the last sea day and i really couldn't understand what he was saying during the announcement. but i thought it was good to keep everyone aware and not in the dark.

Yes it was.

Yes it was.

well it definitely was hard to understand him. the first night i was outside watching the football game on the lido deck when he was making the announcement. i could of sworn he said it was just a report of smoke.

We couldn't really understand what the captain was saying either on the last sea day. One of the workers said it was another small fire. Thanks goodness it was taken care of.

Were you on the 12:30pm Bob Marely excursion?

no we were on the 8:30 tour. i didn't know they had a 12:30 tour i would of preferred to take that one. i was super tired and hung over from the alchemy bar the night before. what did you think of the rum punch on the bus? that was some strong stuff, i thought i was drinking lighter fluid.