Good morning, Larry:

I ran across this intriguing ad in my latest AFAR magazine a few days ago...

img_0417.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

AFAR has long been my favorite travel magazine. And, interestingly enough, it was the reading of an AFAR article -- written two years ago by AFAR's co-founder, Greg Sullivan, highlighting his great experience on an Azamara sailing to Sicily -- that led my husband and I to book our first Azamara cruise... now... just six, short weeks away from embarkation. Yes. We're excited!

But back to that ad... which upon reflection... was not surprising at all... as Azamara's "Destination Immersion" and AFAR's "Experiential Travel" seem made for one another. I'm certain that many wonderful possibilities could arise from the combination of your joint efforts, but for starters... can I just say.... that it would be a real plus to see AFAR's excellent port guides adapted to all of Azamara's various itineraries?

Now for my questions: In following the link at the bottom of this ad, I noticed that the selection of cruises on AFAR's website include two that my husband and I have booked for this summer: July 14h & 22nd on the Quest.

So I ask:

1. What impact, in any, will AFAR have on these two July cruises -- especially with respect to Land Discoveries?

2. How will this joining of forces with AFAR, in general, benefit the "destination immersion" experience of travelers on your ships?

With kind regards,

Janell

Janell,

The relationship between both companies is very special given that we both stand for the same concept of quality travel deliverables. To answer your first question, AFAR is not involved in how we develop our onshore programs, so this will not impact your upcoming voyages.

In regards to your second question, both AFAR and Azamara deliver on the notion of “deeper travel”; here at Azamara we refer to it as “Destination Immersion”, which means we Stay Longer and you Experience More. The way we deliver onshore experiences is through our enriched Cruise Global Connect Local program – a series of land programs that deliver personalized and authentic experiences. By day – and by night, by the way! AFAR sees this consistent with their philosophy. In fact, we’ve collectively created an app (Azamara Club Cruises Destination Immersion Travel) for which AFAR created the content for a number of destinations. True travelers seem to love it.