Upgrading from House Select to Unlimited

rafaelc

We are taking the Buenos Aires to Lima Cruise next month and the House Select Package is included. Does anyone know what the incremental cost to switch to the Prestige Package. I see where the difference between the two packages is $20.00ppd but I am uncertain if that is what Oceania would charge, or would they charge the entire cost of the Prestige pkg which is $59 ppd.

We are taking the Buenos Aires to Lima Cruise next month and the House Select Package is included. Does anyone know what the incremental cost to switch to the Prestige Package. I see where the difference between the two packages is $20.00ppd but I am uncertain if that is what Oceania would charge, or would they charge the entire cost of the Prestige pkg which is $59 ppd.

They charge $20pp per day to change from Select to Prestige .

Thanks. It seems only fair that they would charge $20 instead of $59. I wasn't sure.

Just heard back from Oceania. The extra charge for the upgrade is $20ppd, and you can must make the switch onboard within the first three days of the cruise.

We paid the extra $20 pp per day for our January 21, 2017 Miami to Miami cruise.

We and several other cruisers were disappointed in the upgraded wine options.

There was no Pignot Grigio by the glass available. Toward the end of the cruise we were offered a bottle of this wine for $50 plus tip while dining in the Italian specialty venue. The next day the food and beverage manager heard my disappointment and got me the bottle to enjoy a glass. Someone mentioned that the prior cruise consumed a very large quantity of wine .. restocking of wine 🍷 Was ordered but one shipment was not loaded.

We paid the extra $20 pp per day for our January 21, 2017 Miami to Miami cruise.

Not sure I understand

The same wine by the glass option with the House select package is the same for the Prestige package

Not getting their shipment on time is another matter

There was no Pignot Grigio by the glass available. Toward the end of the cruise we were offered a bottle of this wine for $50 plus tip while dining in the Italian specialty venue. The next day the food and beverage manager heard my disappointment and got me the bottle to enjoy a glass. Someone mentioned that the prior cruise consumed a very large quantity of wine .. restocking of wine Was ordered but one shipment was not loaded.

Was that the Marina? If so it was the 22nd, and they definitely ran out of a lot of wines on the prior cruise due to everyone on board having at least the basic drink package as all 3 perks were offered on that cruise.

I do NOT drink alcohol but my husband does. Can he upgrade to the premium package without me having to also?????

Thanks

Yes

If you do not drink then why not take the OBC & just get the Prestige Package for your DH ?

Was that the Marina? If so it was the 22nd, and they definitely ran out of a lot of wines on the prior cruise due to everyone on board having at least the basic drink package as all 3 perks were offered on that cruise.

For the record, Orv, they aren't going to run out of wine because of folks on the basic package.

They can only milk that one during luncheon or dinner service.

Yes

If you do not drink then why not take the OBC & just get the Prestige Package for your DH ?

The cruise we are looking at for 21 days, hence the OBC of $800 only goes for about 13 days, whereas the upgrade for just him is only $420 for the 21 days from the standard package.

We still haven't booked yet, maybe we will wait until the choice from Olife includes an extra choice.

Last year they offered us a choice of 2 of the Olife options.

For the record, Orv, they aren't going to run out of wine because of folks on the basic package.

They can only milk that one during luncheon or dinner service.

While of course they didn't run out of wine, there were more than a few by the glass choices that were not available before we even made it to Panama.

I'm pretty sure common sense would tell you that if every passenger on the ship has included wine during lunch and dinner that there will certainly be a lot more wine than normal consumed on a ship.