Hampton Inn Brickell or Marriott Marquis?

Aardvark

I'm currently booked in a suite at the Hampton for two reasons: #1 rating and queen beds. I really want to like the Marriott, but the beds are doubles instead of queens. The question is, are the beds at the Marriott that much smaller than a queen. I was thinking that I wanted something a little more "full service" than the Hampton pre-cruise, but am having a difficult time making the leap.

I know much of it comes down to personal preference. Just looking for insights that anyone may have.

Thanks!

If you want full service I would go with Marriott Marquis.

While I often recommend Hampton Inn that is based on how much money someone wants to spend and what they are looking for. While it is rated number 1 that does not mean for each person it is the best choice. For example, if you want a luxury hotel in downtown Miami Hampton Inn would not be the choice for someone. I think it does provide a nice value because it is clean, in a great location and also it includes breakfast. However it is not a full service hotel and certainly the Marriott Marquis is in another nice location in terms of convenience to restaurants and it really is only a fifteen to twenty minute walk to the new Brickell Centre and to Mary Brickell Village.

I have been to that Marquis several times but have not stayed there. However, it's full beds should be like any other hotel in terms of size and certain similar to ones we have stayed with at other Marriott Properties. A double bed is pretty much standard at 53" in length and 75" width vs a queen at 60" wide and 80" long.

Maybe you can call the Marriott Marquis directly to see if there are any options for a queen bed.

Keith

If you want full service I would go with Marriott Marquis.

While I often recommend Hampton Inn that is based on how much money someone wants to spend and what they are looking for. While it is rated number 1 that does not mean for each person it is the best choice. For example, if you want a luxury hotel in downtown Miami Hampton Inn would not be the choice for someone. I think it does provide a nice value because it is clean, in a great location and also it includes breakfast. However it is not a full service hotel and certainly the Marriott Marquis is in another nice location in terms of convenience to restaurants and it really is only a fifteen to twenty minute walk to the new Brickell Centre and to Mary Brickell Village.

I have been to that Marquis several times but have not stayed there. However, it's full beds should be like any other hotel in terms of size and certain similar to ones we have stayed with at other Marriott Properties. A double bed is pretty much standard at 53" in length and 75" width vs a queen at 60" wide and 80" long.

Maybe you can call the Marriott Marquis directly to see if there are any options for a queen bed.

Keith

Thanks Keith. That's really helpful. The prices at the Marquis are really good right now, and I'm leaning that direction.:)