Soda/beverage packages

Thanks for the replies... And yes, for our sailing, it's $30.68 for the "Refreshment Package" and $10.03 for the "Soda Package." And I did read the price of a single drink before, I think the same person told me that before. ;) So like I said, for the 8 day cruise, it'd be $80 for the soda package. However, since 4 of our days are port days, where we'll be off the ship for the entire day/evening (all our stops are 12-15 hour stops), we only have 3 days actually on the ship the whole time. So even if I got 2-3 sodas on those days, it'd still be much cheaper. My son is fine with whatever too, he'll deal with it. Heck, he's going to Europe, he can deal with drinking whatever he's got! LOL!

Thanks for the replies... And yes, for our sailing, it's $30.68 for the "Refreshment Package" and $10.03 for the "Soda Package." And I did read the price of a single drink before, I think the same person told me that before. ;) So like I said, for the 8 day cruise, it'd be $80 for the soda package. However, since 4 of our days are port days, where we'll be off the ship for the entire day/evening (all our stops are 12-15 hour stops), we only have 3 days actually on the ship the whole time. So even if I got 2-3 sodas on those days, it'd still be much cheaper. My son is fine with whatever too, he'll deal with it. Heck, he's going to Europe, he can deal with drinking whatever he's got! LOL!

We also skip buying a drink package when we are on a port intensive itinerary with long port days. It is more cost effective to just pay as you go in those cases. Plus, with no freestyle machines, we would skip a drink package too.

Our upcoming cruise is a 7 night, with 3 ports and one is RCL private island, where we can use our drink package, so it makes sense to buy a drink package in our experience.

Drink package prices vary. You can get a ballpark price before booking but you will not know what it is for your particular booking until you book. The packages also go on sale frequently, so you have to keep an eye out for that too. We are sailing Anthem later this month and were able to get the refreshment package for $18 per day during the recent sale. Regular price for our sailing was $26 per day.

are the sales via direct email or do you check your account every day.

demand based drinking prices is new to me. i know disney has demand admission pricing but never been to a place that could change drink prices from week to week. i wonder how the suppliers base their price to RCI? my impression is that every sailing is full so there's a known quantity of potential end users. or maybe its by season? summer crank up the pricing!

out of curiousity does anyone know the price of virgin daiquiris because all mine will be cash. even 18 per day is too much for me. especially on the port days when it wont be used much

... out of curiousity does anyone know the price of virgin daiquiris because all mine will be cash. even 18 per day is too much for me. especially on the port days when it wont be used much

Typical cost for non-alcoholic frozen/blender drinks is around $5.

are the sales via direct email or do you check your account every day.

demand based drinking prices is new to me. i know disney has demand admission pricing but never been to a place that could change drink prices from week to week. i wonder how the suppliers base their price to RCI? my impression is that every sailing is full so there's a known quantity of potential end users. or maybe its by season? summer crank up the pricing!

out of curiousity does anyone know the price of virgin daiquiris because all mine will be cash. even 18 per day is too much for me. especially on the port days when it wont be used much

For us, it is very easy to spend $18 per day. Specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice for breakfast has me at almost $10. A few bottles of water and soda during the day, puts me over the $18, even on a port day, since I would bring off two bottles of water. A frozen drink during a show is another $5 or a cappuccino at dinner.

If you drink the regular coffee and juice for breakfast, ice tea and lemonade during the day and regular coffee for dinner, you don't need a package.

On vacation, we splurge. You have to decide what you want to do and just accept what the cost will be.

We also skip buying a drink package when we are on a port intensive itinerary with long port days. It is more cost effective to just pay as you go in those cases. Plus, with no freestyle machines, we would skip a drink package too.

Our upcoming cruise is a 7 night, with 3 ports and one is RCL private island, where we can use our drink package, so it makes sense to buy a drink package in our experience.

Yeah, on our last Carnival cruise, it was 8 nights, but only 3 ports total. Plus each stop was at the most 8 hours. So having 4 full days on the ship, it was definitely worth it. Although, their beverage package is certainly a much better deal. It was $6.50/day for adults and $4.95/day for kids, plus the 15% gratuity. I only had to drink like 3 sodas in a day to break even, my son even less. And he could get any juices they had at the bar. He always got pineapple juice, which cracked up the one bartender. He said most kids order soda, but he prefers juice.

For us, it is very easy to spend $18 per day. Specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice for breakfast has me at almost $10. A few bottles of water and soda during the day, puts me over the $18, even on a port day, since I would bring off two bottles of water. A frozen drink during a show is another $5 or a cappuccino at dinner.

If you drink the regular coffee and juice for breakfast, ice tea and lemonade during the day and regular coffee for dinner, you don't need a package.

On vacation, we splurge. You have to decide what you want to do and just accept what the cost will be.

what is the cash price for a bottle of water on board? one question i didnt think to ask before now :)

i dont do coffee, not really juice either. but i love water and the occasional soda and virgin frozen.

also if one person has the refresh pack can the 2nd person in cabin just have the soda pack?

amen to splurging , KSC and maybe even atlantis would be my splurge

found this on the site but of course no price because it has to be priced per cruise. how much are these generally?

The Water Package will be delivered to your stateroom on the date you request. We offer four quantities: 8 bottles, 12 bottles, 16 bottles and 24 bottles. The size of the water bottles offered in the package is the Evian 1 liter plastic bottled water.

found this on the site but of course no price because it has to be priced per cruise. how much are these generally?

The Water Package will be delivered to your stateroom on the date you request. We offer four quantities: 8 bottles, 12 bottles, 16 bottles and 24 bottles. The size of the water bottles offered in the package is the Evian 1 liter plastic bottled water.

In 2015, a 12 bottle package was $47, a 24 bottle package was $82. Plus gratuity of course.

thanks. i was hoping for carnival pricing, not NCL pricing :p

I will say that carnivals pricing for water is right on point. I think they might also be more stringent about what is allowed on board. I know royal doesn't always enforce the no liquids things, I suspect carnival might. Of course I did see about 100 YouTube videos on how to sneak booze on board in water bottles, and there seemed to be more than a few of the videos filmed on carnival ships, so perhaps sneaking booze was a bigger issue for them than royal.

if a 20 oz bottle of water is 2 or 3 bucks. ill pay it. but the liter bottle was about 8 bucks on GSC island in december and yes i have to find the receipt to prove it. nuts

and on decembers sailing, i didnt drink any bottled water at all on the ship.

The $26 a day package is not a package designed for little kids. It's an "adult" package for those adults that want to look like they are drinking and are not......It includes premium coffee, tea, "FRESH squeezed OJ", bottled water, and non-alcoholic cocktails, known as mocktails. Most 10 year old kids wouldn't need this package!

The soda package is just like other cruise lines. It's a soda package. Bars generally do not have juices available. (maybe cranberry juice and pineapple juice). Anything out of the "gun" is included. Also, some ships have a soda machine, where you can use the cup to get some soda.

Is the soda Package cheaper if it is pre bought?

I was wondering the same thing because both the adult and kids price is the same. On the boat the kids package is always lower. If you purchase it ahead of time and the price drops do they credit you????

I was wondering the same thing because both the adult and kids price is the same. On the boat the kids package is always lower. If you purchase it ahead of time and the price drops do they credit you????

Royal has changed the policy on soda packages and there is only one price now.

The $26 a day package is not a package designed for little kids. It's an "adult" package for those adults that want to look like they are drinking and are not......It includes premium coffee, tea, "FRESH squeezed OJ", bottled water, and non-alcoholic cocktails, known as mocktails. Most 10 year old kids wouldn't need this package!

The soda package is just like other cruise lines. It's a soda package. Bars generally do not have juices available. (maybe cranberry juice and pineapple juice). Anything out of the "gun" is included. Also, some ships have a soda machine, where you can use the cup to get some soda.

Need? No. I would argue that it's a good package for kids though, since they can have lots of the fluffy drinks which they may like. Also the fresh squeezed juices are not quite so sugar filled flavored water as the other stuff so a little better for them.