Transfer from Narita on 3/14 after 3 p.m.

goddessofchaos

I am wondering if anyone else will be arriving at Narita on the 14th. My flight arrives at 2:55 and I have no idea of timing for customs, baggage, etc. I would love to find others who might be arriving that afternoon as well. My friend will be coming in around an hour later. Would it be better for a group to share transport or should I just arrange the (expensive) HAL transfer?

I am wondering if anyone else will be arriving at Narita on the 14th. My flight arrives at 2:55 and I have no idea of timing for customs, baggage, etc. I would love to find others who might be arriving that afternoon as well. My friend will be coming in around an hour later. Would it be better for a group to share transport or should I just arrange the (expensive) HAL transfer?

Why would anyone choose to expensive and slow HAL transfer?

Why would anyone choose to work out the logistics and of sharing a transfer?

There are several excellent, comfortable, fast, frequent, and inexpensive transfer options from Narita to Tokyo and Yokohama.

In the middle of the afternoon, you can book a seat on Narita Express, which departs from the B2 level of your terminal about every 30 minutes. Cost is about US$ 30 per person. The trains are very modern, comfortable, and fast, with secure luggage storage at each end of every car. Snacks are on sale, there are great toilets onboard, and they offer free WIFI for foreigners.

Narita Express gets you to Tokyo Station in 59 minutes, Shinjuku Station 15 minutes after that, and Yokohama Station 20 minutes after that.

Or you can board a limousine bus at the street level just outside your terminal. These buses take you from Narita to Tokyo in about 90 minutes, stopping at the major Tokyo hotels to drop you off. A one-way ticket to Tokyo is around US$ 25 per person.

There are additional buses that will take you from Narita directly to Yokohama Hotels. The cost is a bit higher, and the travel time is over 2 hours.

A taxi from Narita to Downtown Tokyo will cost over US$ 200, and take the same amount of time as the train. Japanese taxis are rather small. Putting even 2 people and their suitcases into one can be a challenge.Vans and larger vehicles are available, but often difficult and time consuming to find. If you speak Japanese, you have a much better chance.

Your choice........

Thank you! This is very helpful since this is my first cruise, have never been to anywhere in Asia and have no idea how to find the cruise ship once I get to Yokohama (which was why I was considering HAL transfer which I KNOW is very expensive. But I am an adventurous old lady so will try one of your suggestions. A lot will depend on what luggage I have but I plan to keep it light. :)