Going crazy!! trying to prep for Breakaway.

noob2008

would like to thank you in advance, for reading my post.

Please answer as detail as possible...

1. I am purchasing the soda package. In a room of 4, are all people required to purchase it?

2. If you don't buy the soda package, can you purchase cans of sodas as you please on the ship?

3. Is tax and gratuity included on the soda package display on NCL.com?

4. If you purchase the soda package, where do you obtain your drink and how? To to the bars and show your card? Are there cups with "chip" technology and you refill at designated soda fountains?

5.What's the price to use the iconcierge to text?

6. What beverages are standard?( no packages)

7. What are the standard bed size?

Thank you!!!

1) No.

2) Yes - although can/bottle soda may not be available for purchase at all locations on the ship.

3) No, price + 18%: https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

4) Any bar or restaurant. No chip cups.

5) $7.95 per device for entire voyage (may be $8.95 now??)

6) https://www.ncl.com/faq/cruise-fare-includes

7) Sort of queen-y

1. Not for the soda package. You can get it for 1, 2, 3 or all 4. (the alcohol package, though requires all adults to be on the UBP and all kids to be on soda)
  2. Cans/cups of soda are available at almost every bar and every restaurant, also there are some vending machines on the ship
  3. No, you need to pay an additional 18% gratuity on top of the package when purchasing.
  4. Just order soda at any bar/restaurant. No chip cups on NCL.
  5. $9.99/device
  6. Filtered tap water, brewed coffee (not espresso drinks), hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, non-fresh-squeezed juices.
  7. The two beds together make an approximate queen... separated, they are slightly generous twins.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE VERY FAST AND DETAILED RESPONSE. you guys are awesome! I have been trying to get answers on my own for the past 2 weeks.......

--How much is a can of soda? About a dollar ?????? If so, I don't see why the soda package is worth it....unless I am planning to drink over 50 cans of soda in a week.....

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE VERY FAST AND DETAILED RESPONSE. you guys are awesome! I have been trying to get answers on my own for the past 2 weeks.......

--How much is a can of soda? About a dollar ?????? If so, I don't see why the soda package is worth it....unless I am planning to drink over 50 cans of soda in a week.....

It's $2.95 plus gratuity, so just under $3.50/soda.

1. Not for the soda package. You can get it for 1, 2, 3 or all 4. (the alcohol package, though requires all adults to be on the UBP and all kids to be on soda)
  2. Cans/cups of soda are available at almost every bar and every restaurant, also there are some vending machines on the ship
  3. No, you need to pay an additional 18% gratuity on top of the package when purchasing.
  4. Just order soda at any bar/restaurant. No chip cups on NCL.
  5. $9.99/device
  6. Filtered tap water, brewed coffee (not espresso drinks), hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, non-fresh-squeezed juices.
  7. The two beds together make an approximate queen... separated, they are slightly generous twins.

Have the rules changed? We were not required to purchase a soda package for the kids with our UBP.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Have the rules changed? We were not required to purchase a soda package for the kids with our UBP.

If the UBP is received as a promo, guests 3 & 4 are NOT required to purchase anything no matter what their age.

If the UBP is purchased, guests that don't have a beverage plan are required to purchase either the UBP or soda package.

"Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with. Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program" - NCL

If buying the soda package (as the OP wants), nobody else is required to buy anything.

Got it! Thank you!

As of right now, I have an interior room booked for may 2017(breakaway) I was thinking of upgrading to a basic Balcony in the rear....but its 600 dollar more. Way pass my budget, but I am sure its worth it...... Should I wait and see if prices drop? Or just go for it?

and if i do upgrade, the only package (free for balconies, besides "4th and 5th guess free") getting my attention is

1......3-free specialty dinning vs port credit of $50 (for excursion)... which you think is better?

2. according to the description, you receive 50 per room/ per port... i will be going to bermuda which equals 3 ports =$150. do i use the $150 in one "shot" or does it have to be divided per day/per excursion?

thank you!

Shore excursion credit is per port ... 3 ports for a total of $150 or $50 per port per cabin (2 people = $25 each)

Cannot be combined, so if you do not use it in one port, you lose it.

Even though the meal pkg. is "free" you have to pre-pay the service charge per day per person (not the same as the daily gratuities).

MARAPRINCE