Problems switching names on rooms on Carnival before final payment.

happygirlchocolate

I have 4 rooms booked on Carnival Sunshine with a total of 6 adults, 2 children. The rooms were booked under a military promotion. We have three adults that are interested in getting the "Cheers" package so I tried to switch the names on the rooms. For example, my husband and my son want the package and my daughter-in-law and I do not. Due to the fact that Carnival has the rule that if one adult purchases "Cheers" all adults in the room have to purchase the package, I figured this would be a way of getting around the rule. I contacted my TA to see if we could put the men in one room and the ladies in another. She was told by Carnival that if we switched names on the rooms we would lose our military promotion and OBC because Carnival is no longer running that promotion. She said that she elevated the question to two different supervisors on Carnival and was given the same information. I thought that we could make changes until the final payment without penalty. Anyone else run into this problem?

I have 4 rooms booked on Carnival Sunshine with a total of 6 adults, 2 children. The rooms were booked under a military promotion. We have three adults that are interested in getting the "Cheers" package so I tried to switch the names on the rooms. For example, my husband and my son want the package and my daughter-in-law and I do not. Due to the fact that Carnival has the rule that if one adult purchases "Cheers" all adults in the room have to purchase the package, I figured this would be a way of getting around the rule. I contacted my TA to see if we could put the men in one room and the ladies in another. She was told by Carnival that if we switched names on the rooms we would lose our military promotion and OBC because Carnival is no longer running that promotion. She said that she elevated the question to two different supervisors on Carnival and was given the same information. I thought that we could make changes until the final payment without penalty. Anyone else run into this problem?

That is the way Carnival works and it stinks.

Can't you just switch when you embark, then buy cheers onboard?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Anyone else run into this problem?

It has always been that way. In order to qualify for a fare discount, at least 1 person who qualifies for the discount must be booked in that cabin.

As stated, AFTER check in, guest services will switch occupants to whatever cabin you wish.

Thanks for your help. We will try switching through guest sevices once on board.

I was trying to buy the Cheers package prior to sailing so they could get the discounted price. Now we will just try to get more Carnival Gift Cards through the AARP website and pay for cheers onboard. Worst case scenario they can add the gift cards to their sail and sign and pay for their drinks that way.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app