First day boarding in Dubai after early morning flight?

Dan from Slovakia

Does anyone know what happens on the first day if your flight arrives early morning? We will arrive in Dubai at 6.40am (from Vienna) and presumably the transfer will take us to the cruise terminal but check in is at 1pm.

I have read that on some threads that people have had breakfast onboard in such situations, others write that they managed to board by 12. It isn't clear from the booking information and MSC don't like replying to anyone who booked through a travel agent (or reply to the travel agent).

As we will be in Dubai all day, it would be good to use the day. I can't imagine sitting on a beach with our hand luggage though......

Does anyone know how this is handled?

Does anyone know what happens on the first day if your flight arrives early morning? We will arrive in Dubai at 6.40am (from Vienna) and presumably the transfer will take us to the cruise terminal but check in is at 1pm.

I have read that on some threads that people have had breakfast onboard in such situations, others write that they managed to board by 12. It isn't clear from the booking information and MSC don't like replying to anyone who booked through a travel agent (or reply to the travel agent).

As we will be in Dubai all day, it would be good to use the day. I can't imagine sitting on a beach with our hand luggage though......

See you on the beach :D We are scheduled to arrive from Manchester at 07:20 on Saturday, 4th. I'll need to crash somewhere as we don't leave the UK until 20:30 and we'll have been up all day and it's very unlikely I'll sleep en-route.

CC is having issues as got an error when replying but my message was posted.

Did this cruise just a few weeks ago :)

Arrived Dubai 07:20 after overnight flight from Gatwick

Very efficient transfer to the cruise port after retrieving baggage - immigration a bit slow as only 2 officers on duty, but not too bad

20 minutes or so on the coach, then booked in at the terminal very quickly. Straight on board and had breakfast. Cabin was ready around 11:30 or so.

Personally I was tired after the flight so had a lovely nap after unpacking, then enjoyed pottering around the ship.......but there would have been no problem getting a taxi back into town for sightseeing or shopping. Loads of taxis at the port, also some shops in the terminal.

Muster drill was at 20:30, and the ship sailed away at 23:00

It was a fabulous cruise - my first with MSC

Have a great time :D

Very efficient transfer to the cruise port after retrieving baggage - immigration a bit slow as only 2 officers on duty, but not too bad

20 minutes or so on the coach, then booked in at the terminal very quickly. Straight on board and had breakfast. Cabin was ready around 11:30 or so.

Personally I was tired after the flight so had a lovely nap after unpacking, then enjoyed pottering around the ship.......but there would have been no problem getting a taxi back into town for sightseeing or shopping. Loads of taxis at the port, also some shops in the terminal.

Thanks for your feedback. I'd read somewhere something like that before but it's good to get a recent report.

If you can board that early after breakfast I would find a nice lounge chair on an outside deck with lots of fresh air and take a well-deserved nap. Or, find a lounge chair by the pool and have a good rest there or anywhere else on the ship.

This is really great to know - we're boarding Saturday after an overnight flight and DH had just asked this morning about embarkation times. We have priority boarding so hand luggage, along with suitcases, will be left with the ship's porters for delivery to the room - sans valuables LOL - and a nice comfy spot will be sought out for chilling/napping/having the first cocktail, whatever, while we await to our cabin. :D

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your first MSC cruise! ;)