Carnival Hub App for phones

Julz226

This is new since last time I was on Carnival. I've downloaded it to my phone already, but there seems to be very little explanation till you're actually on board a ship.

What are the fees associated with using it for messaging among our group on the ship? Is it per device or per travel party? Does it have to be on a cell phone or can it be used for messaging from an ipod touch or iphone that is not currently connected to any plan?

We're cruising with our 7 year old, who does not have his own phone line. He does however have an older iphone that he uses for an iPod and to drive some little robots. Wondering if he'd be able to message us using that. He's quite good at texting at home using imessage on our wi-fi.

Short answers --

It is $5 per device for messaging.

The non-cellular devices can be used, since this is over the ship's wifi network.

Remember to put your cellular devices in airplane mode on the ship, or you will have all kinds of fun surprises when you return home and get your cell bill.

This is new since last time I was on Carnival. I've downloaded it to my phone already, but there seems to be very little explanation till you're actually on board a ship.

What are the fees associated with using it for messaging among our group on the ship? Is it per device or per travel party? Does it have to be on a cell phone or can it be used for messaging from an ipod touch or iphone that is not currently connected to any plan?

We're cruising with our 7 year old, who does not have his own phone line. He does however have an older iphone that he uses for an iPod and to drive some little robots. Wondering if he'd be able to message us using that. He's quite good at texting at home using imessage on our wi-fi.

1) It is $5 per device even if same folio is used to login.

2) iPads and iPod touches can be used

3) For safety reasons the chat function is only for those 13+, so no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

Short answers --

It is $5 per device for messaging.

The non-cellular devices can be used, since this is over the ship's wifi network.

Remember to put your cellular devices in airplane mode on the ship, or you will have all kinds of fun surprises when you return home and get your cell bill.

Or don't put it in airplane mode and still not have any fun surprises when you get your cell phone bill.

Edited by bar1068
misspelling