Do you think the price will fluctuate?

danak13

Hey all,

My boyfriend and I got a great discount on a cruise last year over Thanksgiving and we would like to do another one this year. Last year he booked about six weeks out. This year I am looking at one with Royal Caribbean that is longer (7 night) and is priced at $650 per person right now. In your experience, what is the likelihood the price will change? I know that people talk about sales and whatnot with cruises but I have never priced one out throughout the months to see if they really go up and down.

Thank you!

You'll probably get 100 different answers but in my opinion anything 100 and less for an inside room during a holiday is a good deal. If you wait you risk the cruise and category room you want selling out. If it were me I'd book now. If it's cheaper before final payment just cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey all,

My boyfriend and I got a great discount on a cruise last year over Thanksgiving and we would like to do another one this year. Last year he booked about six weeks out. This year I am looking at one with Royal Caribbean that is longer (7 night) and is priced at $650 per person right now. In your experience, what is the likelihood the price will change? I know that people talk about sales and whatnot with cruises but I have never priced one out throughout the months to see if they really go up and down.

Thank you!

There are so many variables that go into whether a cruise rate will go up or down. Mainly, how well is the cruise selling. If sales are strong, the price will likely go up, and vice-versa. If you're booked for Thanksgiving week, that's a popular time, since kids don't have to miss as much school that week, if parents pull them out. IMO, $650 for Thanksgiving week is already a decent rate. Not too likely to go down - but even if it does, you can call back and have them adjust the price as many times as needed up until final payment. So don't wait, book and monitor the rate.

Generally the 2 best times to book I have noticed are very early when bookings become avail, or the 3 days following the final payment due date.

More like about 60 days out which is typically 30 days after final. Yes,there are many times that there are price drops right after final, but if there are, there's bound to be even further ones closer to sailing.