Great Stirrup Cay - Haven Area

Marine Mom

We were in the haven on the Breakaway over New Year's. We were aware of the new lagoon area for the Haven not being completed yet, but we didn't read about or told about a current reserved area.

We booked a clamshell and got it at the closest beach to the pier (don't remember the beach names). We noticed when we walked further on the island towards the buffet area, there was a section by the beach that had chairs designated as Haven only. We were a little annoyed that this was not stated as a perk since we just bought the clamshell to have chairs. We had heard and it is true that chairs are in short supply pretty quickly due to the ongoing construction areas.

Has anyone been to GSC since New Years... Haven area open yet? Would be nice to know, if not could always ask concierge when we get on the ship. Our cruise is April 2.

I was just there yesterday (3/3) . . . and saw absolutely nothing marked as a reference to Haven.

Has anyone been to GSC since New Years... Haven area open yet? Would be nice to know, if not could always ask concierge when we get on the ship. Our cruise is April 2.

Hey come join our roll call for that cruise April 2nd!

Any idea when they might be ? We have a cabana booked now for November but if you are in haven it looks like there maybe other options once it's finished ? We aren't in haven yet but thinking of upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

GSC in November on Breakaway? 10-1 odds it does not happen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just off the Breakaway yesterday and they do have a reserved area for the Haven at GSC. However, it just a bunch of beach chairs no umbrellas and nothing more than that. The area for the Haven is super sunny hardly any shade so it's better to find some chairs under the trees. We got to the beach around 1:00 PM and there were lots of empty chairs at the Haven area and I don't think anyone is enforcing or people don't like to sit where there's no shade. So you can pretty much sit there if you want and the beach was never crowded. We left the beach around 4ish and the line was mile long to catch the tender and we waited for 40 mins to get on the tender.

Just off the Breakaway yesterday and they do have a reserved area for the Haven at GSC. However, it just a bunch of beach chairs no umbrellas and nothing more than that. The area for the Haven is super sunny hardly any shade so it's better to find some chairs under the trees. We got to the beach around 1:00 PM and there were lots of empty chairs at the Haven area and I don't think anyone is enforcing or people don't like to sit where there's no shade. So you can pretty much sit there if you want and the beach was never crowded. We left the beach around 4ish and the line was mile long to catch the tender and we waited for 40 mins to get on the tender.

Thank you! Do you recall seeing any clamshells in the Haven area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also wondering if the new Haven/Suites area will be be open on GSC during our cruise beg Oct'17..

I first read about the renovations from NCL in the beg of last year, so thought it would be enough time for them to finish all the renovation works until Oct 2017.. but looks like not...