Trivia on the Equinox

pre4rep

Just returned from a nice trip to Mardi Gras . great ship. I have to mention the trivia staff 2 people, Justin This fellow had the same spiel every time, my answers are always correct,I give hints, we will not be trading papers only 16 year olds cheat and if you do then you have bigger issues. if you don,t like these rules then there is the door. I have always enjoyed a good trivia game but we traded papers for a couple of reasons. you get a comradery with the other guests you see their sheets . to assure there is no fudging of answers . ''Trust yet verify'' Ronald Reagan. even when the answers were occasionally incorrect he would accept no other . or change the blatantly wrong answer for future guests. yes i realize the prizes are not worth much, but when you see a team come in late and get all correct you scratch your head ?

This was done on the Reflection recently and yes .. grown people CHEAT. We sat by the group and knew they wrote multiple answers and crossed off the wrong ones when they checked their own. Even wrote down answers they didn't have and won most days . Totally annoyed when they didn't .

We like playing the trivia. But our last few times it seems people had set teams with terrible attitudes and they made the whole game no fun !!! They thought the whole thing was life or death.

At least they stopped the people coming in with their notebooks of previous trivia questions from prior cruises. All this for a key chain.

How about those who cheat by looking for answers on their smartphones? It's really a shame that some very poor sports can ruin the atmosphere f what should otherwise be an enjoyable time. I agree that the answer sheets should be exchanged for the reasons stated by the OP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also loved Justin when he was on Summit. If you're one of those who think trivia is life or death, he is not for you. But if you are there to have a good time, then he's the best. Basically he has if you're not there for fun, there's the door. Loved him!

We also loved Justin when he was on Summit. If you're one of those who think trivia is life or death, he is not for you. But if you are there to have a good time, then he's the best. Basically he has if you're not there for fun, there's the door. Loved him!

We go to trivia to have a good time. But watching people cheat is not fun.

It only takes a few seconds to switch papers and as was mentioned, it actually does make it more fun.

I believe that arguing with the person in charge over trivia answers is not fun.

• 1 year later...
At least they stopped the people coming in with their notebooks of previous trivia questions from prior cruises. All this for a key chain.

I know exactly who you are talking about..... the older blonde lady from Long Island!!!!!! Seen her on many cruises on Royal and NCL.

Last saw her on the Anthem of the Seas couple of years ago in early January. Big thick composition book in a tote bag containing more compo books full of past trivia questions and answers. She is hilarious!

I know exactly who you are talking about..... the older blonde lady from Long Island!!!!!! Seen her on many cruises on Royal and NCL.

Last saw her on the Anthem of the Seas couple of years ago in early January. Big thick composition book in a tote bag containing more compo books full of past trivia questions and answers. She is hilarious!

SERIOUSLY?? Gotta say, never seen anything like that...

Some people need to get a life...

We play a weekly trivia game...and one team nearly always wins. They do have like 8 people (really how far does a $50 gift card go at the bar for 8 people??!!) Truly annoying...

They should ALWAYS trade papers--just makes everyone feel they have a fair chance. Otherwise you look like the bad one for calling them out for cheating when it should be the other way around!!

How about those who cheat by looking for answers on their smartphones? It's really a shame that some very poor sports can ruin the atmosphere f what should otherwise be an enjoyable time. I agree that the answer sheets should be exchanged for the reasons stated by the OP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This happened on our HAL cruise to Alaska a few years ago. The team called themselves The Cheetahs but everyone else in the room had a rather different name for them.