Please explain a Hump cabin

Swampduck

Hi all,

I am finally giving in to the high prices and going ahead with booking my summer cruise, we are going to be in a 1A cabin, on the Silhouette cabin 7247.

I know there is a spread sheet which tells you about cabins, but I couldn't find the most up to date link.

Could anyone tell me, if they have been in this cabin? Is it good? Is it a "hump" cabin, not that I know what that means, but maybe someone would explain it to me.

thanks for any info you can share.

have a great day,

S'Duck:)

Congrats! You snagged a rare stateroom with a larger balcony. The Silhouette deck plans for deck 7 in the link below shows the location of your cabin on the "hump":

http://www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-silhouette-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=594&deck=7

We have one of these cabins on an upcoming cruise on Equinox. The bulge on the ship in this area is to accommodate the elevators and stairs at this part of the ship. I'm still not sure myself why this means that the verandas in this area are larger, but they are for some reason.

Edited by benjaminhuf

You will find the spreadsheet in the first post of the S Class Cabin Information sticky.

The humps are where the ship steps out. The sloping sections of the humps have larger balconies that are not obvious from the Celebrity deck plans. 7247 has not got the largest balcony, but is larger than the standard balconies on the straight section of the ship.

We have not been in 7247 but always go for one of these larger balconies. The other consideration is the position of the bed. It is either near the balcony or the bathroom. 7247 is next to the balcony, which we prefer. Lastly the cabin is quite close to the elevators/stairs

Here's a thumbnail to show the representation of stateroom balcony size for those on the hump. Stateroom 9243 is the similar stateroom balcony to 7247.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154793&d=1272746166

That chart is very helpful. And just to add to it, my understanding is that the larger verandas shown on the port (left) side are mirrored by equally large balconies on the starboard (right) side—even though that's not shown in the chart on the starboard side.

It's fun knowing about these almost "secret" tips and tricks that you can't see on the regular deck plans.

Congrats! You snagged a rare stateroom with a larger balcony. The Silhouette deck plans for deck 7 in the link below shows the location of your cabin on the "hump":

http://www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-silhouette-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=594&deck=7

We have one of these cabins on an upcoming cruise on Equinox. The bulge on the ship in this area is to accommodate the elevators and stairs at this part of the ship. I'm still not sure myself why this means that the verandas in this area are larger, but they are for some reason.

Is it just the cabins in pink that are considered to be on the hump? or are the cabins in orange between the pink ones (7221-7239 and 7266-7284) considered the hump as well? do these orange ones have a larger balcony as well?

Thanks

All the cabins on a slope have a bigger balcony. So on deck 7 it's all the 1A cabins (pink). The same cabins on decks 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 &12 have the larger balconies, but they're not all 1A.

The cabins in between e.g. 7221-7239 (orange) are on the hump and do not have larger balconies, but do not look directly down on lifeboats.

Edited by RichKath
Decks 10 &12 added.

There is a TA deck plan site you can use to access deck plans of ships of every cruise line. They show information about hump balconies, and other helpful info when booking. We use is regularly whenever we select a cabin. Free to use basic site and they don't sell anything. Try cruisedeckplans.com There's lots of helpful information there. Our TA told us about it. There is also info about refurbs, etc.

The 1st and 3rd cabins on the slant of the hump have the largest balconies, with the 2nd and 4th cabins on the slant (from the middle) have slightly smaller balconies but still larger than a regular side cabin. The cabins on the flat part of the hump in the middle of the slants have normal sized balconies.

The cabins on the forward end of the hump will see forward only and are a bit windier than those at the back of the hump. This may be welcomed depending on your itinerary but remember than in addition to being breezier, they may be noisier because of the wind as well.

We've been in the front slant, directly in the middle of the hump and at the back end of the slant ... my first choice would be the aft slant, followed by the flat part of the hump and lastly the forward slant on the hump. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn a slant cabin down but the latest one was quite windy and noisy. Plus, our room stewards cabin was right by our cabin door. He was very quiet and considerate but other pax did tend to come by to talk to him ... some of them being quite boisterous. And ... our neighbors were door slammers at all times of the day and night. Couldn't quite figure out how they could be opening and slamming their door several times per hour even in the middle of the night. Never encountered that before on the S Class ships so wouldn't let that be a statement on a specific room type.

The 1st and 3rd cabins on the slant of the hump have the largest balconies, with the 2nd and 4th cabins on the slant (from the middle) have slightly smaller balconies but still larger than a regular side cabin. The cabins on the flat part of the hump in the middle of the slants have normal sized balconies.

The cabins on the forward end of the hump will see forward only and are a bit windier than those at the back of the hump. This may be welcomed depending on your itinerary but remember than in addition to being breezier, they may be noisier because of the wind as well.

We've been in the front slant, directly in the middle of the hump and at the back end of the slant ... my first choice would be the aft slant, followed by the flat part of the hump and lastly the forward slant on the hump. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn a slant cabin down but the latest one was quite windy and noisy. Plus, our room stewards cabin was right by our cabin door. He was very quiet and considerate but other pax did tend to come by to talk to him ... some of them being quite boisterous. And ... our neighbors were door slammers at all times of the day and night. Couldn't quite figure out how they could be opening and slamming their door several times per hour even in the middle of the night. Never encountered that before on the S Class ships so wouldn't let that be a statement on a specific room type.

I understand the slat, but is 2109 longer?

For the slants in the front - I am just double checking that they also are a larger balcony? I am in 1044 on the Equinox. This is my 2nd cruise and 1st on Celebrity - so did a ton of research on cabins and wanted to make sure I didn't mess up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=404983&stc=1&d=1489183297

1044.jpg.836a27e42106d2d348862da7e3c86bc3.jpg

I picked that diagram from an old CC thread that I have kept for the last 3 years for reference. There is a picture of 2108 and 2110 on Silhouette, so possibly opposite the one you are interested in, it is on page 2, post 33 on this link. Warning, it is a huge thread 50 plus pages!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=2

:

Looking at 2109 on the Solstice. When looking at the diagram, besides having a larger balcony it also looks like the cabin is larger. Can anyone confirm this.

Thanks

No, all the balcony staterooms are the exact same size. 2109 had the largest balcony. It's a great stateroom.

For the slants in the front - I am just double checking that they also are a larger balcony? I am in 1044 on the Equinox. This is my 2nd cruise and 1st on Celebrity - so did a ton of research on cabins and wanted to make sure I didn't mess up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=404983&stc=1&d=1489183297

Yes, 1044 has the largest balcony. Same size as the 1st and 3rd balcony on the slant on the hump.

I picked that diagram from an old CC thread that I have kept for the last 3 years for reference. There is a picture of 2108 and 2110 on Silhouette, so possibly opposite the one you are interested in, it is on page 2, post 33 on this link. Warning, it is a huge thread 50 plus pages!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=2

:

Thanks, reading it now. Great detail