Please explain a Hump cabin

Swampduck

• 3 weeks later...
One last question. Are these balconys dark ot are there exterior lights?

Also, on some of these longer balconies it is very dark since there are generally no lights on the balconies of the S class ships. If you want to read, bring a light.

Don posted.

Thought he was joking.

No light at all?

At night, there is no balcony light. We've had several hump balcony cabins and never found light to be a problem. Some feel the lengthy, deep balcony provides a tunnel effect, but we never found it to be a problem.

Hi all,

I am finally giving in to the high prices and going ahead with booking my summer cruise, we are going to be in a 1A cabin, on the Silhouette cabin 7247.

I know there is a spread sheet which tells you about cabins, but I couldn't find the most up to date link.

Could anyone tell me, if they have been in this cabin? Is it good? Is it a "hump" cabin, not that I know what that means, but maybe someone would explain it to me.

thanks for any info you can share.

have a great day,

S'Duck:)

A "hump" cabin is frequently booked by couples on their honeymoon !!!!!

• 4 years later...
8 minutes ago, DebTheGerman said:

Hi. We have never sailed with Celebrity but have just booked a cruise to the Med on Reflection. Our cabin number is 8240. Can I assume this is on the 'hump'? Are there any issues for this cabin? Thank you.

It is on the 'hump' but as it is not on the slanted part it does not benefit from a larger balcony.

Perfectly good cabin though.

On 3/10/2017 at 10:50 AM, Swampduck said:

Hi all,

I am finally giving in to the high prices and going ahead with booking my summer cruise, we are going to be in a 1A cabin, on the Silhouette cabin 7247.

I know there is a spread sheet which tells you about cabins, but I couldn't find the most up to date link.

Could anyone tell me, if they have been in this cabin? Is it good? Is it a "hump" cabin, not that I know what that means, but maybe someone would explain it to me.

thanks for any info you can share.

have a great day,

S'Duck:)

Great choice, great cabin. We have 7243 on our April Transatlantic. Bed next to the balcony which is what we prefer. As the balcony faces the stern it stops the wind. We have sat out on days when the wind and rain has prevented those with a traditional balcony from even opening the doors. The squarer shape makes it easier to move the chairs around. As soon as we meet our cabin Steward we offer him $10 for 2 footstools. Same size cabins as all the others. To create more space in the cabin we slide the table part way under the dressing table, parrellel to the wall. Still leaves ample space to sit and you can use half the table. Geoff

21 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Looking at Deck 9 the cabins are adjoining. Is this just the balconies that can be opened up or the entrance vestibule?  Not keen on doors between rooms as can be noisy. Glad for clarification.

No cabins have doors between them I.e. through the walls. The double doors in the "vestibule" are only used when the cabins are sold as adjoining cabins. When this happens passengers can chose to use the outer doors for entering and leaving whilst keeping the inner doors open. This gives the passengers complete control over how they use the inner space. In "normal" mode the cabins are no difference to any other cabins. Great design feature.

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

Back in my day, a hump cabin had a completely different meaning, but then I'm showing my age. 

Oh dear, do we have another classic example of the difference between American/English and English/English? Humping is the same but to get the hump in English/English is to be annoyed/upset. 

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Oh dear, do we have another classic example of the difference between American/English and English/English? Humping is the same but to get the hump in English/English is to be annoyed/upset. 

Yes.  Hump in the US is equivalent to rumpy pumpy for UK.

16 hours ago, the penguins said:

No cabins have doors between them I.e. through the walls. The double doors in the "vestibule" are only used when the cabins are sold as adjoining cabins. When this happens passengers can chose to use the outer doors for entering and leaving whilst keeping the inner doors open. This gives the passengers complete control over how they use the inner space. In "normal" mode the cabins are no difference to any other cabins. Great design feature.

I have added a photo to expand on the excellent description.

34F5B65A-5A9D-435D-AFC4-0224451EF6BD.thumb.jpeg.afa9d2284d6ee852cfbf1a710444a0cc.jpeg