Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

17 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This was our one try at Edge Room Service:

51B79589-A014-405A-B815-AA3E60B35E25.thumb.jpeg.d7bf8697d7e7afc2db896703a100adf0.jpeg

Yes... that brings back unpleasant memories. 😉

Except we refused to give up (or give in) and continued to order room service for breakfast for the entire week.

• Like 1

These photos infuriate me every time I see them. I would really, truly love to see LLP & her hubby forced to have room service breakfasts using this grossly inadequate and uncomfortable setup. LLP, I’d pay extra to see how you manage this.

I’ve received five emails “from LLP” within the past three days, each of them inviting me to spend money on X ships. One even invited me to sail with her, and pay extra to share special events with her. I’ve nothing against her, and I don’t share the widely held belief (amongst veteran X cruisers) that she’s completely destroying the line. That said, she’s made some significant mistakes, and I’d hope a bright, talented woman would own it, and fix it.

As some of you know, I’m eager to board Edge for the first time next month, for 15 nights in an Infinite Veranda (fingers crossed it won’t be locked very often). One of my friends will be in a corner aft SS, so I’ll have a chance to see if her balcony furniture is worthy of a suite, or of being described as Modern Luxury or Transformative. LLP and company have a chance to impress me. I hope they do. That will determine whether I keep my Edge booking for next year (SV) or ever splash out on a Sky Suite on Edge or her sisters. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

We sail on Sept 30 in an S1 corner aft. Booked in the very beginning with high expectations only to be disappointed when we saw the finished product. The veranda furniture on the SS balconies is the same as every other balcony and, to me, should be better considering the price paid for the SS. We, like others, enjoy spending time relaxing on our balcony.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TonyUK said:

I took the advice on here to ask TA to request loungers and a table we can eat a meal from. The request has gone in for our TA in an aft corner sky suite. Ill keep you posted....

That’s great! Yes, please let us know!!

40 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We sail on Sept 30 in an S1 corner aft. Booked in the very beginning with high expectations only to be disappointed when we saw the finished product. The veranda furniture on the SS balconies is the same as every other balcony and, to me, should be better considering the price paid for the SS. We, like others, enjoy spending time relaxing on our balcony.

It was deeply disappointing to open the door of our S1 on the Edge and see the verandah furniture. I agree it should be more useful for the prices X is asking. I personally believe this furniture was specifically designed for the IV cabins.

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

It was deeply disappointing to open the door of our S1 on the Edge and see the verandah furniture. I agree it should be more useful for the prices X is asking. I personally believe this furniture was specifically designed for the IV cabins.

And DH and I were extremely disappointed to see what we could look forward to on our IV cabin veranda! It’s woefully inadequate even there, but completely ludicrous on a Suite veranda. My DH was so disappointed. The first thing he said was, “Well, at least we didn’t book a Sky Suite.” What do they think people want to do on their large verandas? Juggle crudités and drinks as if they were at an office cocktail party? 

3 hours ago, TonyUK said:

I took the advice on here to ask TA to request loungers and a table we can eat a meal from. The request has gone in for our TA in an aft corner sky suite. Ill keep you posted....

My TA called, only to be told that there would be at least one recliner and I could get another, but that requests were not necessary!  So, I will definitely speak with Bogdan if things are not what they “should” be.  Nothing is ever a sure thing, but it is nice to know that our voices have been heard!!!

12 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

My TA called, only to be told that there would be at least one recliner and I could get another, but that requests were not necessary!  So, I will definitely speak with Bogdan if things are not what they “should” be.  Nothing is ever a sure thing, but it is nice to know that our voices have been heard!!!

Sadly Bogdan is not on board. He told us in December he was being sent away for “dry dock duty”, supervising the Revolution renovations for the Retreat on the Millennium, I think. Btw, Bogdan was promoted to the Retreat Manager, responsible for the overall supervision of the Retreat area. Priscilla was the Suite manager and the one who you should talk to, but I'm not sure she is there either.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm sure most already know this, but we discovered they have added a low, oval "coffee" table to the Sky Suites, the week after we sailed. Don't know about loungers. We asked our butler for a dining table and she found us a low table a bit bigger than the one on the deck. It worked, sorta, like eating at the camp fire.

If anyone is interested, I took rough measurements of our S3, entry, room, bath, and deck. Roomy enough that my wife could turn her scooter around with no problem. (Don't know if that will be the case with the new table.)

43 minutes ago, Travelfor2 said:

I'm sure most already know this, but we discovered they have added a low, oval "coffee" table to the Sky Suites, the week after we sailed. Don't know about loungers. We asked our butler for a dining table and she found us a low table a bit bigger than the one on the deck. It worked, sorta, like eating at the camp fire.

If anyone is interested, I took rough measurements of our S3, entry, room, bath, and deck. Roomy enough that my wife could turn her scooter around with no problem. (Don't know if that will be the case with the new table.)

Thanks! Good idea to let people know on this thread. Here is a thread with pictures of the tables that are gradually being placed in the Sky Suites (coffee table and balcony table).

Since the table is low, I am glad that I am short...will thank many of you for my fist suite view to be much better! C-Dragons...I will tap on my ceiling(your floor) to show my appreciation!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Since the table is low, I am glad that I am short...will thank many of you for my fist suite view to be much better! C-Dragons...I will tap on my ceiling(your floor) to show my appreciation!

I'll be out on the verandah tossing things down to you... 😎

(Initiation to the club!)

So much fun ahead! 😁

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lastdance, C-Dragon and Silkroad, since you are all here tonight wishing you a wonderful cruise and hope you enjoy the Edge.  Lastdance, give my regards to 11***, welcome to the club😉😀.  

Have a great time and can’t wait to here about your TA.  Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Oville said:

Lastdance, C-Dragon and Silkroad, since you are all here tonight wishing you a wonderful cruise and hope you enjoy the Edge.  Lastdance, give my regards to 11***, welcome to the club😉😀.  

Ditto!  The Edge will never be the same!!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks Katie and Marilyn! I wish you two could be there too. Imagine the trouble the five of us could get into😈  We’ll toast you at sail away😎🍹 Cheers! Michelle 

And the mascara that would run wild while laughing.😝  Have fun!

Edited by Oville
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks Katie and Marilyn! I wish you two could be there too. Imagine the trouble the five of us could get into😈  We’ll toast you at sail away😎🍹 Cheers! Michelle 

I don't think the crew on the Edge could take all of us together!  With our multitude of questions, measuring tapes, blow up furniture, blackout curtains, live threads and multiple parties on the 11th deck, they would probably jump ship! 😉

I like golden margaritas - Don Julio Reposado with a floater of Grand Marnier, if you want to have a drink for me. 😁

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Oville said:

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Ditto!  The Edge will never be the same!!  😁

Thanks, Katie & Marilyn. I'm sure it's going to be a great TA! 🌺🌺🌺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Thanks Katie and Marilyn for checking on things for our cruise!  You are the best!  Girls will be girls onboard for sure, so we can’t share everything...

What happens on Edge, stays on Edge😜 

• Thanks 1