Champagne

SSCAF001

Do they know that prosecco is not champagne. At least I hope that this is real champagne in the suite when you board!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

you have to for ask it and the butler will bring you a bottle to your cabin or suite - maybe in top degrees you still get it without a request.

SS is not the only one using prosecco ...

• Thanks 1

So what this really means, is that I must ASK for "real" champagne in my cabin? Otherwise prosecco is what I'm going to get? Although prosecco isn't my choice, I'd at least try it....Has anyone had any experience with it? Is it any good?

if the butler is introducing himself after going to your cabin or suite : just ask for a chilled bottle of Pommery and he will bring you one .

and eventually other licors or drinks.

last time only in top degrees a bottle was placed ... and waiting for you.

• Like 1

So what this really means, is that I must ASK for "real" champagne in my cabin? Otherwise prosecco is what I'm going to get? Although prosecco isn't my choice, I'd at least try it....Has anyone had any experience with it? Is it any good?

I suggest you contact SS a couple of weeks before your voyage and request a bottle of the champagne of your choice be placed in your suite for when you board. Of course the Butler can then replenish it as required.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Thanks 1

I suggest you contact SS a couple of weeks before your voyage and request a bottle of the champagne of your choice be placed in your suite for when you board.

What is the best way of doing this? I have a cruise in July on the Spirit and would like to make a few requests ahead of time to make things easier on everyone.

Thanks.

Great idea TTS....maybe a Black Vevet ��

Nooooo! Can't ruin good Guinness by mixing it with fizzy plonk. I mean, really!

Incidentally they have only had bottled Guinness on our SS cruises -draught Guinness is to bottled Guiness what Chateau d'Yquem is to Sunny Delight.

Get a life!! Speak to your butler when you get on board. He'll sort everything out for you. It is not exactly a calamity if you are met by a bottle of Prosecco. Drink it and you'll feel a lot better.

the order made after boarding - request to butler is executed in due time

i did ask for Champagne and Ketel One however i noticed a cabin ( was in a "low" balcony ) aside did ask for 4 bottles of licor - was no problem at all .

Get a life!! Speak to your butler when you get on board. He'll sort everything out for you. It is not exactly a calamity if you are met by a bottle of Prosecco. Drink it and you'll feel a lot better.

And again I ask if anyone knows how I can contact Silversea by email.

I do have a life and this will be our 3rd Silversea cruise. I love interacting with the butler. I am one who thinks every suite having a butler is an advantage of SS over the other luxury lines.

And trust me, I will drink whatever they put in the suite if it sparkles. It could be Cooks for all I care, I would like to have a welcome bottle on ice waiting for us like it used be on our prior luxury cruises.

If you recall we used to be able to write requests in the my Silversea app, but that was fairly short lived.

In my experience with Silversea, they are very receptive to getting whatever your heart desires once on board and after the crush of turn over day.

If you have a travel agent you could go through them which is likely the best approach.

Otherwise perhaps you should call Silversea directly.

In every single cruise we have taken with Silversea, there has been a bottle of bubbly chilling in our suite upon arrival. Not once has it been Prosecco, although I have asked for Prosecco later on in the cruise at times. And furthermore, if I am in doubt as to what is in a flute presented to me I ask, and at times the response has been Prosecco.

Thanks.

I will probably just wait until we board. Last year for our Crystal cruise, I emailed a couple of requests to an email address and they were all met before we boarded. Not a big deal, but it was easy and I think made life easier for the cabin steward.

I thought though that someone's response earlier in this thread implied they no longer put welcome bottles on ice in every suite. I always liked it being there on prior cruises.

Also, I have noticed that for frequent cruisers, Silversea keeps their preferences, I have no idea where.

We don't cruise nearly enough to qualify as frequent sailors, but on our last cruise in November and upon arrival, DH was asked by the butler if he still wanted certain items which were requested in prior cruises.

Nice touch for sure!

Impressive. We were on the Spirit in July 2015 and will be on again this July. I am hoping at least one person recognizes us. If that happens, I will be greatly impressed, but not overly surprised.

There was one pool deck waiter that I think will remember us, assuming he is still there. I hope he is.