Embarkation day in the MDR

FlaGirl13

New to Princess and thought I saw that the MDR is open on embarkation day. We will be on Island Princess in a few days and would love to avoid fighting the buffet crowd so can anyone let me know if my info is correct. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It generally is. Don't ask the room steward (they always head you to the buffet)- take a look at the patter in your room. It will tell you what Dining room is open that day. Generally they close around 1:30.

Other alternatives on the island could be La Patisserie on Deck 5, and the Princess Pizzaria on Deck 14.

Check your deck plans

Here's the statement in the Princess 1st day dining options from their FAQs which I also received in an email shortly before embarkation.

"Shortly after we welcome you onboard your spectacular Princess ship, you're invited to relax and dine at the Horizon Court or in one of the ship’s multiple dining rooms.

Or join us in one of our main dining rooms for lunch served up by a staff -- from chefs to waiters -- dedicated to making your dining experience something special".

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/dining_nightlife.jsp

As said, if you ask they'll attempt to herd you to the buffet. ;)

Instead find which dining room adjacent to the atrium is open between noon & 1:30 for a great relaxing beginning to your cruise.

I rang to ask a question about something else and asked casually asked about lunch on the first day. I was told that would be in the buffet. What about the MDR I said well I don't know came the reply. Well I have read all about it. Oh she said well in that case it will be the xxxxx dining room thank you I said.

:) :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app