New! Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Parties On Board Regent Seven Seas Cruises

LauraS

• 4 months later...

Nanook21, you bring up a good point for port intensive cruises and even for our cruise;  We did receive information on the first day (yesterday) that the M&M will be 9:30 am tomorrow.  There are only about 14 people signed up and at least two couples aren’t even awake at 9:30 am. We will attend and will report back on this thread.

• Like 1

Hi Shelia;

Recommend you send an email (or your can call Jennifer) to the Regent Groups Coordinator, Jennifer Bartlett.  Please see below.  Jennifer will get the roster of registered meet & minglers from your voyage about 30 days prior to embarkation.  She works with the Regent ship's staff to arrange the meet & mingle.  We had terrific support from her before & during our South Pacific voyage and like you had our meet & mingle late morning during the earliest sea day.  WE had over 50 Regent cruise critics attend in November from Hawaii to Tahiti on the Mariner.  

Jennifer Bartlett | Group Coordinator

P: +1 402.962.0292 | M: +1 402.493. 2351 

JBartlett@rssc.com | www.rssc.com

Regent  Seven Seas Cruises

11340 Blondo St.| Omaha Ne | 68134

RSSC_Logo_5405_CMYK

Edited by WesW

19 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We respectfully request our Meet and Mingle for the Explorer transatlantic sailing on March 25th be scheduled on the earliest sea day, either late morning or early afternoon. 

Thank you. 

Sheila And Herb

Good luck with that.  I am not aware of any M&M’s that have been held on embarkation day.  They are typically on the first sea day.  In terms of time, it is up to onboard Regent officers* and what activities they have on that day.  For better or worse, our M&M was at 9:30 a.m. but it was the best attendance that we have personally been to (16 participants).

*Not saying that writing to Corporate won’t help but, at least in this case, there should not be a problem.

As Wes suggested I contacted Jennifer but she has advised that I have to contact CC directly "That has to go through the Cruise Critic site.  I work with the ship directly, to reserve the space and set up the time for the Meet and Mingle party. .....  I hope this helps.  We look forward to having you aboard! "

So Now how do I register for the 03/25 Explorer Miami to Lisbon & Barcelona??

Flyers, the Regent and Cruise Critic process shuts down the ability to register for a meet & mingle about 30 days prior to embarkation.  This allows cruise critic enough time to forward the meet & mingle list (according to your roll call at least 31 folks have registered) to the ship to prepare invitations and coordinate time/place for the M&M.

This is why when you attempt to register using the register for a meet & mingle, for the explorer, the 3/25/2019 date does not show up.

So, now on embarkation, after check in, go to reception and ask them to register you for the meet & mingle and please send your suite a meet & mingle invitation.  Also, ask reception when the meet & mingle is scheduled so you can plan accordingly

I worked meet & mingles for two Mariner sailings in October and November, my go to person on board was the assistant purser (who works at the reception desk).  He allowed me to add and take off (folks who cancelled)  fellow regent cruise critics.  We had about 30 Regent cruise critic attend during our October meet in mingle then over 50 folks attended in November.  Pls see below.

Hope this helps.

E816688D-E776-4B09-B05F-059BA910816C.jpeg.ae0864103a0cff992dccc5c6cb9bf06e.jpeg

Edited by WesW

Thank you Wes I shall take your advise and register on board. Interestingly I received the following from CC 

"Hi there,
Thank you for alerting us that you are receiving error messages when attempting to register to attend a Meet & Mingle party on Royal Caribbean's registration page.

Please know that we will make Royal Caribbean aware of these issues so that their IT team can work on it."

I sent it from the Regent Forum site but it seems that either I did not make it clear that it was the Regent Explorer or  They are confused!

Never the less your explanation is very clear and unfortunately I was not aware of the 30 day restriction.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:04 PM, Jymi-B said:

Unfortunately Regent usually schedules M & M parties the same time as an enrichment lecture.

Yes it is unfortunate.  It is always scheduled at the same time as other events - likely because it is a sea day.  Passengers need to choose what is most important to them.  There were 16 people at our M&M which was surprising (in a good way).  On our last cruise 4 people showed up (6 including us). 

All:

Keep in mind--all Enrichment Lectures are available for later in-suite viewing.  Those videos are repeated throughout the cruise.  So, no worries as missing the live experience, and thus not getting insights as to the next port-of-call.  Simply view it later in the day, or evening, in your suite.

We attend M&G and M&M activities whenever possible.  Good opportunities to interact with fellow-travelers--and Ship's Officers.  Also, have those wine or champagne glasses available when outside your suite for participating in the Block Party event. 

Hope to see some of you this August when boarding Explorer at Stockholm for a BTB. 

In the meantime--a series of river boat cruises throughout France. 

GOARMY!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, GOARMY said:

All:

Keep in mind--all Enrichment Lectures are available for later in-suite viewing.  Those videos are repeated throughout the cruise.  So, no worries as missing the live experience, and thus not getting insights as to the next port-of-call.  Simply view it later in the day, or evening, in your suite.

We attend M&G and M&M activities whenever possible.  Good opportunities to interact with fellow-travelers--and Ship's Officers.  Also, have those wine or champagne glasses available when outside your suite for participating in the Block Party event. 

Hope to see some of you this August when boarding Explorer at Stockholm for a BTB. 

In the meantime--a series of river boat cruises throughout France. 

GOARMY!

Keep in mind that people new to Regent will likely have no idea that the Enrichment Lectures are available for later in-suite viewing and the M&M or M&G's occur at the beginning of the cruise.  The Block Party on the other hand is promoted quite loudly and is very difficult to miss (and they are enjoyable as well).

Travelcat:

Reference folks new to Regent and/or those not following CC Threads related to their specific Cruise:  Can only hope they read the daily "Passages" which is attached on the hinge outside their Suite each morning.  There is usually a notice as to repetition of lecturers.  In addition, as a matter of course, the Staff member who introduces a Lecturer, and the Lecturer him/herself reminds the audience that the presentation is being videoed for later in-suite viewing. 

There is only so-much alumni can do via this Site to give the heads-up to more-recent fellow passengers.   Guests assume basic responsibility to take a minimal amount of time to read Passages on a daily basis to keep current of changes caused by weather or sea conditions impacting shore excursions; as well as cancelations due to civil unrest and volcanos.  It would be a "first" if our upcoming March 14th Splendor segment from San Diego via The Canal to Miami does not involve confronting such situations.   This will be our fourth such routing, either east to west, or west to east.  

Anticipate seeing some of you on Explorer at Stockholm in August; and/or Splendor almost exactly a year from now. 

GOARMY!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2017 at 2:06 PM, LauraS said:

Hello Everyone!

We're pleased to announce that we have entered into a partnership with Regent Seven Seas Cruises to offer you Official Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties on board all of their ships!

Registration begins today for sailings and will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers with whom you've communicated here on Cruise Critic. The first parties will be held on board:

Seven Seas Explorer: May 11, 2017

Seven Seas Mariner: May 13, 2017

Seven Seas Navigator: May 13, 2017

Seven Seas Voyager: May 02, 2017

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue) as well a hosted one-hour cocktail party with hors d’oeuvres. Your will receive an invitation delivered directly to your stateroom with the date, time and location of the party.

This makes it easier than ever to meet up with your Cruise Critic friends; some of whom you've been chatting with online for months, even years! Be sure you invite your family and friends to take advantage of this great offering from Cruise Critic and, especially, the hospitality from Regent Seven Seas Cruises!

Laura

Note: Parties will be held when there are a total of twelve (12) persons registered to attend. Registration closes 30 days prior to sail date.

Hi Laura,

i am looking for Mariner 4/27/19 Tokyo to Vancouver cruise ? 

I did not see it in the drop down menu when I attempted to register. 

Thank you,

Karen 

Karen, alas Cruise Critic forwards the list of registered meet and minglers to the Regent Groups Coordinator about 30 days from sailing and then shuts down meet & mingle registration.   However, you can still sign up once you board and after you check in, by going to Reception and giving them your names.

Look forward to reading you impressions of your voyage, we’re booked in 2021 on Tokyo to Vancouver

Edited by WesW

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All:  Results of M&Ms concerning our current BTB aboard Explorer.  Now in Scotland.  

First segment began at Stockholm.  Among the several envelopes in our suite was a notice advising a M&M scheduled for the second day.  It coincided with a 1000H Enhancement Lecture in the Theater.  BUT--as noted in an earlier post--these lectures are constantly repeated on a separate in-suite channel for review at leisure.  Very-well attended by CC folks and ship's officers, to include the CD, Food & Beverage Manager, and a brief stop-by by the Captain.  I stayed for the first 20 minutes; then joined my wife in the Theater.  

Second segment began in Southampton two days ago.  No Notice in our suite as to a M&M.  I assumed the minimal threshold number (12) had not been reached 30-days prior to sailing.  Yesterday, by chance noticed a sign outside Explorer Lounge (on the way to a Compass Rose breakfast) advising the Lounge was reserved for a CC Event.  Went to Reception Desk for an update.  Yes, a M&M at 1100H--which was AFTER completion of the Lecture.  I was then handed an "Update" Notice as to this gathering.   So--spouse and I joined the gathering.  Not a whole lot of attendees.  Several Officers and, of course, the CD were there.  

I expect a whole lot of attendance when meeting for a M&M at San Diego this coming March aboard Splendor.  

Regards,  

BTW:  There are three retired US Air Force Generals and their spouses aboard Explorer.  By chance, my wife met one of the wives yesterday.  An introduction followed.  So--this retired Army guy (who did not make General) and spouse will join their group for lunch, tomorrow.  

GOARMY!

• 1 month later...

Wanted to comment on our Meet & Mingle earlier this month.  We had 22 signed up before the deadline. I think there were around 24 in attendance. (The social hostess, Tammy, called and left a message saying there was a couple on board who had not signed up in time and wanted to attend, I had also posted the date, time and location on our roll call.) We boarded the Mariner on Sept 30, the next day was a port day, so the M&M was scheduled for the 2nd full day, Oct 2.  A few of us had requested an afternoon time slot; however it was scheduled for 11:00 AM, which worked out fine.  Invitations were left on everyone’s door either embarkation evening or the next day.  It was held in the Observation lounge.  They had turned chairs around to section off a good sized area. (Unfortunately I didn’t think to take pictures!)  There were 3 cold and 3 hot canapés, as well as various drinks, served by Regent staff.  It was a very nice event!  

Something funny happened - as we were checking in at the pier, the agent asked me about my group - I was very surprised and said I was only traveling with my husband.  The agent called the purser over, she asked again about my group - I had NO idea of what she was talking about!  She repeated my name and cabin number and asked if that was who I was, yep, that’s me.  Then she showed me the paper she was reading from and I saw Cruise Critic on it - lightbulb moment !  Yes, I told her, that is my group.  I think she probably wanted to roll her eyes at me, but she was very gracious!  She asked that we go to Reception as soon as we were aboard and ask to speak with someone from F&B, which we did.  They wanted to go over the time, location and what was being served. He even offered to walk me up and show me the location.

I highly recommend signing up for. M&M, and going!  We ended up spending time with many that we met that day.  I have attended other on other cruise line, Regents is definitely the best!

So, if you are the persons that starts a M&M - be prepared when they ask about your group!

Jerie

• Like 1

We boarded Mariner when you got off in Miami, and the same thing happened to me when we checked in! I was not the person who started the Roll Call, so I'm not quite sure how I was tapped for the honor. Our Meet and Mingle is today at 11, and we did have a lot of passengers sign up, so I hope they all attend. Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

Just a follow up to my previous post. Our Meet and Mingle that was held yesterday from 11am to Noon on Mariner was lovely. It was well attended, and the menu sounds similar to what Jerie and her group experienced the sailing before ours. The food was delicious, as were the drinks. If I had known in advance that I was the host I might have brought name tags, but otherwise I thought everything was perfect. The 11am start was good as it did not conflict with the 9:30 lecture.

• Like 2

Our M&M event is developing slowly towards the minimum of 12. 

Having read through the thread it is clear that the first full sea day is the normal day for the M&M, but on our cruise (August 2020 from Stockholm) the first and only sea day is day nine out of twelve. 

Would the event be that late in the cruise? Attending the event could be difficult on our port intensive cruise on any other day, so I would be happy to wait. As I was the first person to register, does this mean that I will be contacted in advance, or on the boat, to finalise arrangements, assuming, of course, that we do get 12 or more.

7 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Our M&M event is developing slowly towards the minimum of 12. 

Having read through the thread it is clear that the first full sea day is the normal day for the M&M, but on our cruise (August 2020 from Stockholm) the first and only sea day is day nine out of twelve. 

Would the event be that late in the cruise? Attending the event could be difficult on our port intensive cruise on any other day, so I would be happy to wait. As I was the first person to register, does this mean that I will be contacted in advance, or on the boat, to finalise arrangements, assuming, of course, that we do get 12 or more.

On Flossie's current cruise which is also port intensive the M&M was held at 5pm just before the Captain's reception which i believe was the 2nd night for them. I took another look at our cruise in 2020 and it may be not be until Sept 2 before we have one as the first port we don't leave dock until 8 pm and then the next 3 days are in St. Pete's so not likely any of those days. Our first port where there could be one at 5pm is Sept 2 as we leave port at 4pm. I guess we will find out when we board. As far as i know Regent doesn't divulge time and location until we board. 

You may become the contact with Regent.  On another thread someone who was first to start the M&M was contacted and someone said they were contacted by Regent but they didn't start the M&M.