Live from the Majestic Princess preview cruise

dides

Thankyou so much for this live report with great pics.

I can't wait to board on 4/9 and this is my 1st Princess cruise.

Very happy to hear ship is 99 percent done! and hopefully 100 percent done very soon lol

thanks

Kerri

Please, if you run into Anthony Completo in the bar service, tell him Bill and Diana McVey from California say Hi, and wish his congratulations from us! Thanks. We met him on the Emerald cruise to New England and he was fabulous!!!:p Thanks.

he is in the juice bubble tea bar - we too have sailed with him many times and remember his first contract as bar steward, so proud he is now bartender, married and going to be a new dad.

Going to need long arms to reach the loo roll :D

We could be imagining this but we believe the bathroom footprint is smaller - less room in front of the basin. The shower cubicle has more room for bending down!

Is Alfredo eliminated? I dont't see it on the patter (dining guide).

Can confirm it's on the ship, we ate there last night and they are aware they got missed out in the first patter!

Thanks. I'll be following as well. Did you notice if there is a "color helper" in the hall carpets by the cabins to help with port and starboard?

Yes blue flowers for port and red flowers for starboard.

Can you provide some details on the Photo Gallery? Some photos of the ship look like Princess has switched from printing the pictures for display to having video display screens where you identify your pictures.

Yes all gone hi-tech with lots of video display screens.

Hi Sandra ... Which deck are you on cabin wise regarding the standard cabin? we will be on 14 Aft on Tuesday.

I see Dirk brands name on the officers list, he was on the Ruby Princess on the two occasions we sailed on it in the first 12 months.

Hope you have decent weather on the way to Rome.

Hi Dave, we are on 11 Aft, seen Dirk doing his rounds. It's sunny but a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings. Sea is very calm.

Hi Dave, we are on 11 Aft, seen Dirk doing his rounds. It's sunny but a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings. Sea is very calm.

Hope the sea stays that way. We are taking a recently widowed friend on not only on her first cruise but first trip overseas. She is a bit nervous of any rough sea. We choice this our cruise as a taster for her and thinking a new ship would be ideal. We are Princess Elite so didn't look too much into this Ship thinking its Princess it will be good. Now looking at it I have some regrets and wish I had chosen an old and trusted ship. No Crooners, Wheelhouse, Explorers or quiet room on top deck. Still we shall be ok. Thank you for your reports and will look forward to reading them . Have a great cruise and let Chris have the jacket

Hi,I noticed on the patter that Dino Sagani is in charge.We think he is one of the best captains in the fleet,a real character,cheers,Brian.ps this may be his first asignment for a while,because after the Concordia disaster he was sent ashore to give all Carnival Corp captains a refresher course in safety etc.

Please, if you run into Anthony Completo in the bar service, tell him Bill and Diana McVey from California say Hi, and wish his congratulations from us! Thanks. We met him on the Emerald cruise to New England and he was fabulous!!!:p Thanks.

Stopped by the Leaves Bar and said Hi for you. He was busy but laughed when I passed on your message.

Is the charge for Harmony a flat rate similar to the Crown Grill. If it is a flat rate, how much is the charge. Thank you. Looking forward to the Rome-Dubai sailing.

Harmony cover charge is $29

We are now on day 2 of the preview cruise – a sea day. We got up at 8am – lovely and sunny on the port side. The bed was very comfy, rather like sleeping on a marshmallow until it got used to your form.

Headed to the Concerto dining room for breakfast. There were waitstaff lined up by the entrance – clearly not that busy. We had a croissant each, Chris went for pancakes with bacon and sausage while I had some melon pieces followed by a mushroom and provolone frittata special. Chris left half of his – the bacon was burnt to a cinder! We had to go up to the buffet next as he insisted on eating properly cooked bacon!! Meanwhile I sat opposite and drank OJ while replying to some posts. The buffet was obviously a lot busier but we had no problem finding a table.

Next we went to grab a pic of the menu at La Mer. It's in an odd place where part of it is a corridor to the rest of the deck. Food too fancy for Chris so not for us. Will try and get into Harmony but the doors were locked for menu spies.

We then went to Morning Trivia in the Symphony Dining Room. Strange place to hold it but better than Princess Live! There were only 9 people spread amongst 5 teams. We won by half a point and are now proud owners of Princess water bottles.

We then went up to check out the Hollywood Pool and conservatory. What a difference a roof makes! They had lots of deckchairs and a few cabanas dotted around the edge. Not sure if it's adults only – there were families using it this morning.

The conservatory is different to a usual Sanctuary. Fake topiary and musical instruments like xylophones and glockenspiels dotted around with a few curtained cabanas around the edges. There was some floor space which seemed geared up to supporting early morning chinese exercise rituals.You can hire cabanas for whole or half days – no price list yet.