Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

26 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@UUNetBill 

Just wanted to say TY for your work and these charts

I hope more pax will chime in on the cabins as so many have yet to be commented on...

We are booking 2 different sailings and I did find that some postings helped me decide what NOT to choose. Very thankful

Fog, glad it helps.  I guess I could be more proactive in soliciting input to try and fill it up more...maybe I could post some occasional threads asking for more input...

5 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Fog, glad it helps.  I guess I could be more proactive in soliciting input to try and fill it up more...maybe I could post some occasional threads asking for more input...

Or maybe just reminders in the "roll calls"? 

Truly your charts/work is a gold mine and so helpful and it matters if people share

TY again for your work on behalf of us all

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voyager 828

11/2019

size - 306/50

both a shower and a tub

No noise noticed

recommend - yes

Comments - great location near stairway, convenient for walking up or down to public spaces, shower is starting to show some wear as the groat needs to be re-done. Storage was sufficent for our 21 day cruise though countertop space is very limited. Balcony has 2 deck chairs and a small table so works for 2 people to sit out. Seating inside comfortable for having room service breakfast. 

Explorer 929, Penthouse C, I think. Good location, quiet. Great bathroom and super shower. Small closet, but fine for 14 days. Balcony not as large as the other Penthouse we have been in. Table, 2 chairs and a lounge chair. Would definitely recommend. Internet was not bad, considering all the complaints on this cruise.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:44 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

Voyager 828

11/2019

size - 306/50

both a shower and a tub

No noise noticed

recommend - yes

Comments - great location near stairway, convenient for walking up or down to public spaces, shower is starting to show some wear as the groat needs to be re-done. Storage was sufficent for our 21 day cruise though countertop space is very limited. Balcony has 2 deck chairs and a small table so works for 2 people to sit out. Seating inside comfortable for having room service breakfast. 

2 hours ago, briar14 said:

Explorer 929, Penthouse C, I think. Good location, quiet. Great bathroom and super shower. Small closet, but fine for 14 days. Balcony not as large as the other Penthouse we have been in. Table, 2 chairs and a lounge chair. Would definitely recommend. Internet was not bad, considering all the complaints on this cruise.

Updated, thank you both for your input!

On 4/1/2017 at 1:31 PM, UUNetBill said:

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 344 downloads

Explorer 865 E merlot101 Sept 23,  2019 Starboard AFT 332 plus 132 balcony 1 both none yes Great cabin; very large balcony with lounger, 2 chairs, and a table; lots of storage and a big hanging closet; convenient to laundry; close to aft elevator but this elevator only goes to deck 5

On 12/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, merlot101 said:
Explorer 865 E merlot101 Sept 23,  2019 Starboard AFT 332 plus 132 balcony 1 both none yes Great cabin; very large balcony with lounger, 2 chairs, and a table; lots of storage and a big hanging closet; convenient to laundry; close to aft elevator but this elevator only goes to deck 5

Got it, thank you!

• 1 month later...

Regent Explorer

Room 1212

I feel sorry for any handicap person who gets this 1212 room and is not aware of the door issue!!  This information needs to be available to anyone looking at the ship layout.

Also the door to the deck still needs more work or a replacement door closer mechanism.  It finally would close slowly until the last 6 inches and then Bang! (with joggers going through every few minutes),  it gave us headaches, and we could not rest in the afternoon. The door to the deck on the other side was Not like that!  It closed quietly.

Door room 1212 showing ramps impeding entrance.jpg

Door to Deck showing ramps in front of room 1212.jpg

Doors to deck and room 1212 showing limitations of entrance.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I could not get the template to download on my IPad, so I will provide my cabin review the old fashion way.

Explorer ( 1/28/00-2/11/20)

1202- Deck 12

PHA

jagoffee

2/14/00

Port

FWD

cabin and balcony were as shown on the Regent’s website’s virtual review

shower only (one amazing shower I might add)

Noise:  Noise from the Observation Lounge below.  Noticed later at night. We had some rocking with an occasional slam on several “rougher” sea nights. 

Comments:  We had an issue the last four days with the toilet flushing.  (Requiring repeated pushing) It was intermittent and we were told that it was not just our cabin.  It was an excellent overall cabin layout and design with a massive amount of storage.  Our butler service was excellent, we enjoyed the balcony and the overall cabin.

I would not book this particular cabin again, because of the noise and extreme forward location.  Although it was certainly convenient to the elevators and pool.

Edited by jagoffee

32 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I could not get the template to download on my IPad, so I will provide my cabin review the old fashion way.

Explorer ( 1/28/00-2/11/20)

1202- Deck 12

PHA

jagoffee

2/14/00

Port

FWD

cabin and balcony were as shown on the Regent’s website’s virtual review

shower only (one amazing shower I might add)

Noise:  Noise from the Observation Lounge below.  Noticed later at night. We had some rocking with an occasional slam on several “rougher” sea nights. 

Comments:  We had an issue the last four days with the toilet flushing.  (Requiring repeated pushing) It was intermittent and we were told that it was not just our cabin.  It was an excellent overall cabin layout and design with a massive amount of storage.  Our butler service was excellent, we enjoyed the balcony and the overall cabin.

I would not book this particular cabin again, because of the noise and extreme forward location.  Although it was certainly convenient to the elevators and pool.

Updated, thanks for the input!

• 3 weeks later...

Explorer suite review. Feb 2020. Cabin # 712 and Category F2. Very Quiet once air whistling through balcony door was fixed the second time. One bathroom with tub and shower and 2 sinks.Enjoyed cabin and would recommend other than being relatively forward in ship and one night was pretty rocky. Would probably go toward midship next time. Very nice balcony!

2 hours ago, funcruzer1 said:

Explorer suite review. Feb 2020. Cabin # 712 and Category F2. Very Quiet once air whistling through balcony door was fixed the second time. One bathroom with tub and shower and 2 sinks.Enjoyed cabin and would recommend other than being relatively forward in ship and one night was pretty rocky. Would probably go toward midship next time. Very nice balcony!

Got it, thanks!

Sorry Bill, couldn't get this posted on spread sheet. Guess it's true... "can't teach old engineers _____".

Was on Splendor maiden voyage and in Cabin 609; had sailed in the Explorer twice.  A very nice cabin on Explorer even better on Splendor.

No noise, no vibration, beautiful bath (tub and separate shower), great beige/gray color scheme, lots of drawer and hanging rack (in walk-in closet) space, and convenient to: the 4 forward elevators,  Deck 5 computers, and balcony of redesigned theater.

HIGHLY recommended cabin.

53 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Sorry Bill, couldn't get this posted on spread sheet. Guess it's true... "can't teach old engineers _____".

Was on Splendor maiden voyage and in Cabin 609; had sailed in the Explorer twice.  A very nice cabin on Explorer even better on Splendor.

No noise, no vibration, beautiful bath (tub and separate shower), great beige/gray color scheme, lots of drawer and hanging rack (in walk-in closet) space, and convenient to: the 4 forward elevators,  Deck 5 computers, and balcony of redesigned theater.

HIGHLY recommended cabin.

Got it in!  Congratulations on the first Splendor cabin review entered on the spreadsheet!  Let's keep 'em coming!

• 4 weeks later...
Enter the cabin number 853 Enter the Category E

Enter your CC user name

xrvlcruiser

Enter the date sailed 1/5/20 Select the appropriate value Select the appropriate value   Select the appropriate value

State the bathing configuration

shower/no tub

Specify any noise problems, if any no noise Would you recommend this cabin to a friend? yes Enter any good, bad, ugly facts about the cabin, or anything special about the cabin or the location.everything was fine