Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Bill- just off 2 segments of the Navigator world cruise, I think the cabin critique idea is wonderful and thanks for doing it. We were cabin 945 category E with balcony on the starboard side aft. Size was 301 sq ft with 55 balcony. There was a tub and separate shower. Noise- we were under the Prime 7 with no appreciable noise issues.I absolutely recommend this suite. The well know issue of vibration was rarely a problem in our cabin unlike cabins further aft. The renovation decreased drawers in the living area but there were still plenty of storage space. There is now only one chair plus the couch in the living area.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, I couldn't use the template.

We were on the Explorer, 3/26 to 4/19, TA + Barcelona to Venice, in Suite 786, category G2 Aft. The suite size is 253 sq ft, and has a 108 sq ft balcony with a table and two chairs. The bathroom fixtures included an adequate sink, a large walk-in shower, and shelves on either side of the medicine cabinet. The living area is furnished with a couch, a table, one chair, shelving on either side of the desk, and an unsuccessfully placed TV faces the bed. The walk-in closet has 4 or 5 large drawers, an adequate size safe, limited hanging rod, (approximately 30 inches). This suite is far from the forward elevators so it is less accessible. We recommend this cabin for one or two cruisers who want to experience an "intimate" Aft suite. msmillie/Angie

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

[ATTACH]405607[/ATTACH]

Couldn't use the link. Here is my last cruise.

Mariner.

April 19, 2017

913 - PH

Have been in the PH before. Different cabins. Love it. Loved location for this one. Lots of room and storage. Comfortable balcony. Spend lots of time on it rather fighting for a lounge on the pool deck. Shower only. Bathroom needs refurbishing. Wonderful bed and bedding. Outdated decor in the suite. Pretty beat up. Anyone on the ship before the refurbishing should be prepared that suite and most of ship is not up to Regent standard. On the positive side, service by dining staff and crew are "Regent"! Would sail it again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Fellow Regent Friends,

My wife, my son (he'll be 14 months when we embark) and I are reserved to travel on the Explorer Oct 21st in the Med (Rome to Barcelona) for 14 days. We are debating on GS 1015 vs. GS 785? Would anyone have any insight into which cabin would be best, pros and cons. We liked the idea of 785 for the larger balcony but maybe it may be too noisy or better to have the larger suite interior?

We cruised on the Voyager and Mariner four times previously in GS and Voyager, and Mariner suites but have little info on the SS Explorer's suite 785 as there are no pictures or suite plans of that cabin available online just the 1015 cabin (which used to be an "Explorer Suite" until Regent changed the name.

Thanks so much for your advice and assistance in advance,:)

David Berger, Dr Caterina Oneto and Lorenzo

davidericberger@yahoo.com

Save

We do not stay in the named higher grade suites, as we find the mid-grade suites are perfectly adequate for our needs.

However, just looking at the Deck Plans, I would choose 785 over 1015; 1015 is directly under the Pool Deck and could therefore suffer from noise issues.

On the other hand, weather in the Med in late October could be changeable so you may not get that much use from the larger balcony.

I am sure someone who has occupied the Grand/Explorer Suites will give their more informed opinions.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise :)

Couldn't use the link. Here is my last cruise.

Mariner.

April 19, 2017

913 - PH

Have been in the PH before. Different cabins. Love it. Loved location for this one. Lots of room and storage. Comfortable balcony. Spend lots of time on it rather fighting for a lounge on the pool deck. Shower only. Bathroom needs refurbishing. Wonderful bed and bedding. Outdated decor in the suite. Pretty beat up. Anyone on the ship before the refurbishing should be prepared that suite and most of ship is not up to Regent standard. On the positive side, service by dining staff and crew are "Regent"! Would sail it again!!

Bill

I think you missed posting this one. Couldn't find it. Keep up this tough task.

Regards

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...
Bill

I think you missed posting this one. Couldn't find it. Keep up this tough task.

Regards

Sheila

Sheila,

Nope - it's there...on the Mariner sheet, Deck 9 tab...

Let me know if you can't find it.

Bill

:hearteyes:Thanks for setting this up.

Explorer 634 - G2 PinkMEB sailed 5/11/2017 Port side mid, 253sq ft + balcony.

Walk in shower, one sink. No noise. Location was excellent. Suite was fine but would book F2 next time for extra space.

:hearteyes:Thanks for setting this up.

Explorer 634 - G2 PinkMEB sailed 5/11/2017 Port side mid, 253sq ft + balcony.

Walk in shower, one sink. No noise. Location was excellent. Suite was fine but would book F2 next time for extra space.

Posted, thanks for the input!!

Here is a quick guide to the suites on Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet of ships. It is populated with user's commentsRegent Seven Seas Explorer

Regent and impressions of the suites they've sailed in. Similar to the site "SeatGuru", it lets people know benefits and potential drawbacks to cabins on Regent's current fleet of ships.

Let's see if this works.

CC Rating Template.xls

• 2 weeks later...

Bill here is my review. THANKS so much for creating and maintaining the ship.

937, Navigator, IndiTravler, 06/17, Starboard, Mid, 448/47,1, Tub and shower, Some-under pool deck, Doubtful, Noise is a minor issue compared to the bathroom. Has giant whirlpooltub we never used as a tub, a small shower that didn’t have a seat or place toput all the shower amenities, and a toilet you couldn’t straight on because itwas too close to the sink and couldn’t sit sideways because of the bidet. We feel it needs a Mariner solution to ripout the tub for a nice shower, rip out the little shower then move the toilet and bidet over to allow you sit on the toilet in comfort.(Or at a minimum, rip out the bidet and move the toilet).

Edited by IndiTravler
typos

• 4 weeks later...
Explorer - suite 1200 - Grand Suite. Noise from Observation Lounge and from door slamming in the laundry room (adjacent). Would not recommend.

Explorer - suite 879 - Master Suite - no noise - beautiful suite - great balcony - would recommend

Will have to wait until I get home to look up past suites.

We rather carelessly booked a Master Suite for our upcoming cruise (Iceland to Copenhagen) without realising that it has 2 bedrooms and we only need one and we certainly don't need a grand piano! I asked Regent to Wait List for a Grand Suite instead but it didn't materialise. Now I've read your comment I'm no longer sorry!