Alaska pool question

Shynook11

Aside from the Haven areas do any of the NCL ships heading to Alaska have pools which are covered for swimming for the kids, or do they heat the pools at all? The Pearl, Sun and Jewel head there next summer. I was super excited to read about a retractable roof on the Bliss, but alas, just for Haven.:(

If not, does Royal Carribbean or Carnival have covered pools on the AK sailings?

The Jewel is not sailing next year. It is replaced by the Bliss.

On the Jewel, the main pools (uncovered) are heated and there are people in the water daily.

We've sailed Alaska the past two years on the Jewel and used shorts and t-shirts for most of our port calls. Yes, on glacier watching afternoon, you need to bundle up, but it is not frozen-cold every day.

We live in Orlando, so anything below 70 is freezing to us. I have been twice pre-kids and was super cold both times...forget the pools.

It is often warm enough to swim even in an uncovered pool, unless of course you live in the SE and then it is always too cold :)

> We live in Orlando, so anything below 70 is freezing to us

My BIL and SIL, who will be cruising with us, live in Houston. We live in Wyoming.

Typical phone conversation:

Them: We're having another cold spell, it got down to 50 last night

Us: It's been awfully warm here, got up to 40 yesterday

:)

I don't expect they will jump into the pool but my kids probably will.

LOL! We live in Southern CA and have lots of warmth and sunshine. My DH will tell our NY daughter who is griping about the freezing weather that it is 10 below here too. For DH anything below 70 is freezing. So 10 below for him is 60 degrees.

> We live in Orlando, so anything below 70 is freezing to us

My BIL and SIL, who will be cruising with us, live in Houston. We live in Wyoming.

Typical phone conversation:

Them: We're having another cold spell, it got down to 50 last night

Us: It's been awfully warm here, got up to 40 yesterday

:)

I don't expect they will jump into the pool but my kids probably will.

6yo DD and I swam while on the Pearl last summer (end June/beginning of July) a couple times. Pools were always nice and warm. The last day before we arrived in Victoria we were in one pool and DD wanted to go in the other pool, so we jumped right in. Well I think they changed the pool water and it had not quite heated up yet to where the other one was. Needless to say we jumped right out laughing the whole time. :p