How to make sure on same excursion time.

Travelbug1978

We are going as a large group on an alaskan cruise in july. We are a family of 5 so our oldest son will be staying in my sister in laws room. My husband and son are going on the fishing trip through princess. How do I make sure they get on the same boat. They are both booked but under separate reservation

First make sure you book the same excursion time if there is more than one time listed.

Princess normally does not assign people to specific boats or buses in advance. Your excursion ticket will tell you to meet at a specific place at a specific time - either in a lounge on the ship or on the pier. When you arrive at that place, they will give you a sticker that specifies your specific boat and/or bus.

Make sure that everyone in your party arrives to check in for the excursion together. Then request you all get the same sticker. Otherwise some of you could get the last ones in one group, and the rest could get the first ones in another group. As long as you arrive together and request the same group, there should be no problem.

It won't do any harm to check with the Shore Excursions desk in advance, but it probably isn't necessary.

The one exception to the assignment process that I am familiar with is for people with mobility problems. They will reserve the first seats on a bus for some with mobility problems (either wheelchair or walking difficulties without wheelchair). In order to reserve the appropriate number of seats and to distribute the mobility impaired among the groups, they will sometimes send the stickers with group assignments to mobility impaired people the night before instead of waiting to pick them up at the normal check-in point. In order for this to happen, you would need to discuss the mobility impairment with the Shore Excursions staff in advance. If you have someone from a different cabin traveling with the mobility impaired person, you would need to give their name and cabin number to the Shore Excursions staff so they can be assigned to the same group.

First make sure you book the same excursion time if there is more than one time listed.

Princess normally does not assign people to specific boats or buses in advance. Your excursion ticket will tell you to meet at a specific place at a specific time - either in a lounge on the ship or on the pier. When you arrive at that place, they will give you a sticker that specifies your specific boat and/or bus.

Make sure that everyone in your party arrives to check in for the excursion together. Then request you all get the same sticker. Otherwise some of you could get the last ones in one group, and the rest could get the first ones in another group. As long as you arrive together and request the same group, there should be no problem.

It won't do any harm to check with the Shore Excursions desk in advance, but it probably isn't necessary.

The one exception to the assignment process that I am familiar with is for people with mobility problems. They will reserve the first seats on a bus for some with mobility problems (either wheelchair or walking difficulties without wheelchair). In order to reserve the appropriate number of seats and to distribute the mobility impaired among the groups, they will sometimes send the stickers with group assignments to mobility impaired people the night before instead of waiting to pick them up at the normal check-in point. In order for this to happen, you would need to discuss the mobility impairment with the Shore Excursions staff in advance. If you have someone from a different cabin traveling with the mobility impaired person, you would need to give their name and cabin number to the Shore Excursions staff so they can be assigned to the same group.

I should also state my son is only 13 I wouldn't think they would let him go alone.

I should also state my son is only 13 I wouldn't think they would let him go alone.

It depends on the excursion, but in most cases no. However, they may or may not check that before giving him the excursion sticker. They may give him the sticker and then not let him on the excursion when he gets there.

In any case, you should not have a problem if you all arrive at the check-in point, pick up your stickers at the same time, and make sure you all have stickers for the same group when you pick them up.

Make sure that everyone who wants to be together arrives at the check-in/stickering point at the same time and make sure that the people in charge know that the people concerned must be together. While going to the Shorex desk might help it is unlikely to.

Excursion desk isn't going to be any help unless your tickets onboard are not in the same excursion (AB-123A vs AB-123B are different times for excursion 123). Once you are booked and your cruise personalizers all show the same time then check your tickets in your stateroom. All need the same number. Then, as NavyVeteran says show up together to check in for the cruise and all get the same sticker. If you only have five in your tour party it shouldn't be a problem getting together. If only two, even easier. But it is important that they are signed up for the same tour time.

By the way, early tours usually meet onboard in a lounge or Princess Theater to get the tour stickers. Those later in the day usually meet on the dock and check in with someone holding a sign there. Tour time is the time the tour departs - show up earlier. For a fishing trip you will likely have to sign waivers and that can take a lot of time with big tour groups.

The 20 slots available is probably bogus - they typically book excursions in blocks of 20 to make you think there are only a few slots left. Either they will give you different sticker numbers in groups of six or they may just break up into groups at the dock. Still shouldn't be a problem if both show up together. Tour guides are used to keeping groups together.