Cruise ticket? Luggage tags?

Redtravel

I sail in 2 weeks. I tried calling WS and after waiting on hold too long, gave up. Called My TA who did get through to WS. WS sent him a document stating our cruise. It has our names, cabin #, itinerary, and embarkation/debarkation info. No address where to find the embarkation port. TA called WS again for the address. This experience is completely different from my last WS cruise in July 2016. At least I know where to board the ship.

Looking forward to meeting you; we are on the same sailing. I have our paid in full invoice and a document labeled detailed itinerary confirmation, but nothing else. The detailed itinerary confirmation has what may be the address of the embarkation port: RUA DA CINTURA DO PORTO DE LISBOA | ARMAZÉM 20 – 2º PISO | LISBOA 1950-015 PT. On google maps, it looks like Rua da Cintrura do Porto de Lisboa is at the port. Is that the address you have?

My TA is on a cruise and I noticed that our paperwork has a warning symbol under "Ready?". So, I called Windstar to ask about that. Since My Windstar hasn't been working we had not been able to enter our passport info. The agent entered the passport numbers and expiration dates. The agent said that they aren't mailing tickets because their booking system is in transition. I asked what paperwork we need to board and was told that we just need our passports, but if we wanted something more we could print the itinerary out.

Looking forward to meeting you; we are on the same sailing. I have our paid in full invoice and a document labeled detailed itinerary confirmation, but nothing else. The detailed itinerary confirmation has what may be the address of the embarkation port: RUA DA CINTURA DO PORTO DE LISBOA | ARMAZÉM 20 – 2º PISO | LISBOA 1950-015 PT. On google maps, it looks like Rua da Cintrura do Porto de Lisboa is at the port. Is that the address you have?

The address that I got was Santa Apolonia, Av. Infante Dm Henrique Armazen B, Loja 8, Lisboa

I have been at Santa Apolonia on a Azamara cruise in 2014. It is for small ships.

I looked up the Port of Lisboa. There are 5 port locations. I will try to call Windstar again.

Last year on Viking, we were told that the ship could be at 3 different locations in Budapest. It was not at any of them. We took the Viking transfers and were taken to the correct location. People taking taxis kept riding up and down the river looking for the ship. It was a mess.

If anyone from Windstar reads this posting, could you please find the docking location for the Legend on April 23rd. Thanks.

I think in some places they honestly don't know until the harbor master tells them on their way in. We have sailed in and out of Lisbon with them twice and had last minute dock changes but the areas are close together and you'll see the ship. Lisbon is such a beautiful port to leave. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think in some places they honestly don't know until the harbor master tells them on their way in. We have sailed in and out of Lisbon with them twice and had last minute dock changes but the areas are close together and you'll see the ship. Lisbon is such a beautiful port to leave. Enjoy.

Both addresses are cruise ship docks. I looked on the map and they are almost 3 miles apart (4.6 km) so I don't think one could see the ship at one from the other. There are two docking areas fairly close together (Alcantra, which is the address I have, and Roche Conde). Santa Apolonia (the one Redtravel was given) is farther from those and closer to the city. I read that it only accommodates small and midsize ships. I hope Red's location is correct.

Both addresses are cruise ship docks. I looked on the map and they are almost 3 miles apart (4.6 km) so I don't think one could see the ship at one from the other. There are two docking areas fairly close together (Alcantra, which is the address I have, and Roche Conde). Santa Apolonia (the one Redtravel was given) is farther from those and closer to the city. I read that it only accommodates small and midsize ships. I hope Red's location is correct.

We had no problem finding the ship either time. I didn't say you could see from one terminal to the other, only that it's easy to see the ships in port from a taxi. And the taxi drivers are pretty nice and will find the ship for you if you're unsure. People who live in Lisbon are amongst the nicest and most accommodating that we've met. If you're going to be staying the night before, your hotel can also help. If Windstar has your email address you might also hear from them with any last minute changes. We have been advised of last minute port changes a couple of times.

I'm finding these posts interesting. We sail 4.21.17 out of Lisbon. No travel documents yet though we were told to expect them via email today (usually go out on Fridays). Next Wednesday, at the latest.(one week prior to sailing) At time of reservation, told we should have everything no later than 4.1.2017. This is our first Windstar cruise. With every phone conversation, we were reassured everything was in order. Reps on the phone always pleasant and take their time to answer all our questions. Nonetheless, not feeling confident we'll receive anything prior to our cruise. We were told ship would be docked at Santa Apolonia. No one has asked for our passport info with at least six phone calls to customer service. Is it important to provide prior to sailing? Should I call them? Cannot log into My Windstar either. Totally, unsettling.

They will collect your passport when you board and give it back at the end unless you need it for a particular port. Make sure you have a color copy of it in your possession. It's just something you should make a practice of doing when you travel if you dont already do that. Don't fret and enjoy. As long as you have your reservation to show you "belong " you're fine. Cruise port in Lisbon is small compared to here. Easy to drop bags and board. You will love Windstar. The staff onboard is 100% better than their Seattle office.

I'm finding these posts interesting. We sail 4.21.17 out of Lisbon. No travel documents yet though we were told to expect them via email today (usually go out on Fridays). Next Wednesday, at the latest.(one week prior to sailing) At time of reservation, told we should have everything no later than 4.1.2017. This is our first Windstar cruise. With every phone conversation, we were reassured everything was in order. Reps on the phone always pleasant and take their time to answer all our questions. Nonetheless, not feeling confident we'll receive anything prior to our cruise. We were told ship would be docked at Santa Apolonia. No one has asked for our passport info with at least six phone calls to customer service. Is it important to provide prior to sailing? Should I call them? Cannot log into My Windstar either. Totally, unsettling.

We are on the 4.23.17 Star Legend sailing out of Lisbon - same itinerary as yours - the date worked out better for us. The port forcast for your sailing says Santa Apolonia too.

I think giving them the passport number ahead of time just expedites things. I don't know how important it is, but you might as well call and give them the info.

When I called Windstar this morning, they said that they weren't mailing paperwork anymore and that we only need our passports to board, but if we wanted something more that we could print out our itinerary or invoice.

We are on the 4.23.17 Star Legend sailing out of Lisbon - same itinerary as yours - the date worked out better for us. The port forcast for your sailing says Santa Apolonia too.

I think giving them the passport number ahead of time just expedites things. I don't know how important it is, but you might as well call and give them the info.

When I called Windstar this morning, they said that they weren't mailing paperwork anymore and that we only need our passports to board, but if we wanted something more that we could print out our itinerary or invoice.

Thats interesting to know. You may not need your ticket to board the ship itself, but when we joined Windstar in Barbados in Feb, Security would not let us into the port area without seeing a copy of our ticket. Windstar do seem bent on cutting any input from their end in Head Office down to the barest minimum and its really not very attractive vibe. I wonder whether they have taken account of the different requirements by the authorities at their various ports of embarkation.

We received an email this morning with travel documents for our 4/23/17 sailing too. One paragraph from the documents:

In this age of electronic data, paperless travel is becoming more and more a reality, and we appreciate you making the environmentally friendly choice to travel with electronic tickets. While your boarding documents are rarely required by the ship’s staff for boarding your yacht, print or save a digital copy of this email to your mobile device or tablet, just in case. The airline, airport border control and the port authority may request to review this information to verify the details of your trip at any time.

I found the first sentence of that a bit odd as we didn't make the choice. Oh well - if given the choice I'd just as soon have electronic documents rather than paper. The "tickets" aren't much of a ticket in that there is no QR code or bar code to even minimally protect the information.

Thanks, all! What time do most folks plan to arrive on board day of sailing? Any particular benefit to getting there early?

Embarkation time is usually 1p.m. . . . . well, that's what it's been on our previous three trips.

'Enough time to get checked in, fill in the paperwork and then go for lunch.

Re getting documents, tags and a Windstar document wallet: we live in the U.K. and we don't receive anything in the post.

We received an email with our cruise-detail-documents this week for our May 20th Star Pride Islands of the West Mediterranean voyage.

Jane :)

Steel yourself - it seems that 'enhancements' are in the air. We have yet to receive one. I have always felt rather envious when queuing up at embarkation with those lucky others carrying their smart little blue Windstar pouches ! Its a shame though, it doesn't seem to me like something that would break the bank, but it looks a nice thing to have.

I just received my 7th blue zippered case last month. The canvas bag we received on our late March cruise is a much better quality than the ones they offered the past several years. It is nearly as lovely as the original one we received 8 years ago.

Steel yourself - it seems that 'enhancements' are in the air. We have yet to receive one. I have always felt rather envious when queuing up at embarkation with those lucky others carrying their smart little blue Windstar pouches ! Its a shame though, it doesn't seem to me like something that would break the bank, but it looks a nice thing to have.

Interesting. Do you use a TA? We've reveived the zipper pouches when we've used one along with ticket book. When I've booked on my own nothing except email has been provided.

Interesting. Do you use a TA? We've reveived the zipper pouches when we've used one along with ticket book. When I've booked on my own nothing except email has been provided.

No, but we will use one next time to see if it makes a difference! I suggest that you all hold on tight when you are queuing up at embarkation, I may resort to snatching.