Rock and Romance, Celebrity Summit, March, 2018?

sparty1

• 2 weeks later...
We just signed up got a military discount and a America fan club discount, sounds like a great cruise with great music

Hi again, George C! Looks like were both doing the same thing: looking on each of the forums/threads to find others to connect with:D Glad you could get both discounts on your cruise! Nice to know they let you do that. Yes, we love the music on these theme cruises! I'm basically smiling all day as I walk the halls listening to the music too.

Yes this should have great music, we had seen America a couple of times and really like most of the groups. I have seen some great music acts on cruises but nothing like this. Seems the few people that posted that have done this said it was great, We cruise a lot and sailing again in 9 days on Liberty of the seas and again in November on Navigator, Just bought Guess Who's greatest hits CD yesterday at best buy for 5 dollars:D

Yes this should have great music, we had seen America a couple of times and really like most of the groups. I have seen some great music acts on cruises but nothing like this. Seems the few people that posted that have done this said it was great, We cruise a lot and sailing again in 9 days on Liberty of the seas and again in November on Navigator, Just bought Guess Who's greatest hits CD yesterday at best buy for 5 dollars:D

We.ve been gathering CD's from some of these performers too. We even found a Guess Who CD in our closet! How did you get one for $5? Enjoy your upcoming cruises! We are doing some the end of this year too. Love cruising and music, so this is all good:D

I thought I saw Poco at Fillmore east not sure since that was 50 years ago, will look (I still have programs someplace. Hopefully some other will join us and keep these threads alive, will be on Liberty of the seas in 42 hours

I thought I saw Poco at Fillmore east not sure since that was 50 years ago, will look (I still have programs someplace. Hopefully some other will join us and keep these threads alive, will be on Liberty of the seas in 42 hours

Enjoy the Liberty cruise! Will be on a 4 day cruise to Cuba in 2 days, too. Love cruising:-)

You need to tell me about the Cuba cruise when you get back

I'd be happy to! Love to share with those who really have an interest:-) So often we find people who prefer to only talk about their travels, and we don't want to bore others with ours, so when someone asks...YES! I would enjoy it! Thank you:)

(we'll be moving for the summer the day after we return from Cuba, so not sure how quickly I'll have internet access again, but as soon as i do, I'll report back) Where is Liberty taking you?

• 2 weeks later...
We had a good cruise on Liberty of the seas, booked Oasis for November 2018, someone else joined our cruise in march has updated roll call, how was Cuba cruise??

Hi George. We are moved, have wifi again!

I'm glad you had a good cruise! Was it an active or relaxibg cruise? You must have enjoyed yourselves or you probably wouldn't have booked another with them(onboard bkkg?)

Cuba was great! We were able to really mix with the Cuban people.(If only for 2 days:-)) Had offers from many English-speaking locals to show us "real Havana". It was interesting how much many people wanted to share so much! The government controls the outside walls of houses that are owned by locals, which I thought was unusual. Apparently if the walls are painted, the government chooses it; and if it is an old building, than it can't be repaired(we were told that American tourists like old buildings, so they must not be touched or tourists won't come!) Actually, that is rather accurate in my opinion:-) We did do the classic convertible car tour of Havana, but we met a local away from the port who took us everywhere we wanted, plus, and even returnd us to our ship for USD. We lucked out, because he was good, spoke great English, had a driver and we had car to ourselves. Did see their art(it is highly popular) and saw a fantastic and colorful show at Parisian in Meyer Lansky's old mansion, Hotel Nationale. Gorgeous!(had to see the typical show of the mafia days) It is going to get commercial and become expensive, so go now, if you are interested.

Thx for letting me share!

Connie

Thanks for info on Cuba, hope to get there sooner or later. Most of our cruises are just for relaxing we tend to stay on the ship for many ports since we have done them many times, we always explore new ports and again would love to see Cuba sounds like you had a great guide. Oasis should be interesting never did a ship that size should take the whole week to explore it. Hope we can get together and get more stories on Cuba on this cruise, Still have another cruise on Navigator in November and will be in New York for 10 days later this week. Speaking of Mafia , we went to one of Sinatra favorite places of few years ago and there was a jar by front door saying this contains ashes of last person that complained.

Thanks for info on Cuba, hope to get there sooner or later. Most of our cruises are just for relaxing we tend to stay on the ship for many ports since we have done them many times, we always explore new ports and again would love to see Cuba sounds like you had a great guide. Oasis should be interesting never did a ship that size should take the whole week to explore it. Hope we can get together and get more stories on Cuba on this cruise, Still have another cruise on Navigator in November and will be in New York for 10 days later this week. Speaking of Mafia , we went to one of Sinatra favorite places of few years ago and there was a jar by front door saying this contains ashes of last person that complained.

Lol! That's clever:-) Youre welcome on the info. The criuse we took only went to Cuba and a private island...it was perfect, as we feel the same about the ports in the /Carribbean. Oasis will be wonderful for you..so much to do(or not!) I lost weight just walking from one end to the other! Never did get to every place on that ship in our 7 days:-) New York, then Navigator cruise later, Oasis? Sounds busy, but fun! We love keeping active by traveling, and at our own pace. Hope we can get together on this cruise, also! Sounds like we have some things in common:-) Would love to share our travels, and hear about yours! I'll check out the regular roll call for the new person you say has joined us? Thx.

• 6 months later...

Just remembered I had a username on here and looks like this post is a little slow but it’ll pickup before the trip. I’m Joe and wife is Virginia this is our first theme cruise with a lot of bands, should be fun. I do have a ? How many Badfinger members are there 1 or 2 ? I saw Styx almost 40 Year’s ago, wish they stayed on the ship. Anyways I will check in periodically to see if we get enough to do a Meet & Mingle.

Just remembered I had a username on here and looks like this post is a little slow but it’ll pickup before the trip. I’m Joe and wife is Virginia this is our first theme cruise with a lot of bands, should be fun. I do have a ? How many Badfinger members are there 1 or 2 ? I saw Styx almost 40 Year’s ago, wish they stayed on the ship. Anyways I will check in periodically to see if we get enough to do a Meet & Mingle.

Doubt we will have enough for meet and mingle , just bought drink package at a discount, you should post on summit board , not too many of us. Nice profile today on cbs on Micheal McDonald.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi George! I see we have a couple more posters!! I haven't been on here in so long, but since it is so close, I decided to make the extra effort:-) We have been sooo busy(buying, selling, fixing hurricane damage and moving across the country, all while fitting in a trips back home and one other music cruise!)

We really are looking forward to taking a break with continuous music and new friends on our up-coming cruise.

Since we are doing a b2b with FLowerPower cruise and no longer live in Florida, we will be flying in a day before the FP cruise, and getting a hotel, meeting friends and starting the cruising on land too!

Look forward to meeting up...but pretty sure we won't be having a M & M.

Is anyone staying at the host hotel, the Renaissance? If so, we're having a pre-cruise party in the lobby bar that Friday night. We also have a chat group on a site that I think I'm not allowed to mention, where we discuss such things. In any case, we'd love to meet up with our cruise friends, please join us if possible!

Would like to meet , not sure when or where, we are at the Hilton. Sparty1 enjoy your back to back. We are planning 9 day ny trip will see several plays also possible night club shows depending who is playing , we just missed America at B.B. Kings club last year

Would like to meet , not sure when or where, we are at the Hilton. Sparty1 enjoy your back to back. We are planning 9 day ny trip will see several plays also possible night club shows depending who is playing , we just missed America at B.B. Kings club last year

Enjoy NY. Love to visit there! Broadway, Off-Broadway, nightclub shows, concerts, the energy... America would have been an awesome bonus:-(

We have a hotel in Fort Lauderdale before the FlowerPower cruise leg of our b2b, you're probably there the day before the Rock and Romance? Maybe we can meet up on board?

Enjoy NY. Love to visit there! Broadway, Off-Broadway, nightclub shows, concerts, the energy... America would have been an awesome bonus:-(

We have a hotel in Fort Lauderdale before the FlowerPower cruise leg of our b2b, you're probably there the day before the Rock and Romance? Maybe we can meet up on board?

Would like to meet , maybe a bar after lifeboat drill? My brother will be in Cuba about the time of our cruise, on a private tour staying at homes of locals which is something I would not do.